Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada

I know that the youth draft is a relatively new feature, but the players in the drafts have been so weak.

In game world Fishbowl, drafts started in season 4. I haven't done much in depth research, but here are some shocking facts.

It is season 7 in Game World Fishbowl.

• The 1st overall pick from the season 4 draft is currently an 84 overall. 
  • The 1st overall pick from the season 5 draft is currently an 83 overall.
  • The 1st overall pick from the season 6 draft is currently an 82 overall.

See a trend there?  :huh:

Those players remain the highest rated of their draft class and none have really made an impact in the world yet, all putting up modest numbers playing little to no minutes.

I'm arguing that there should be franchise players in the draft that can come in to a GHL team and be a key cog in the team, as in high 80s to low 90s in rating.

The draft already has the growth part right; the first overall selections are growing slowly, but they are not rated high enough.

At least within 3 seasons a 1st overall pick should be 86-90 in rating, or at least be an impact player.

Since the 2013 NHL entry draft, there have been many players to come in and have an immediate impact, or at least an impact in 3 years. 

From 2013: Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Sean Monahan, Bo Horvat, Seth Jones, Rasmus Ristolainen, Elias Lindholm

From 2014: Aaron Ekblad, Sam Reinhart, Leon Draisaitl, William Nylander, Dylan Larkin, Robby Fabbri, Nikolaj Ehlers, David Pastrnak

From 2015: Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel, Mitchell Marner, Zach Werenski, Noah Hanifin, Ivan Provorov

From 2016: Auston Matthews, Patrik Laine, Jesse Puljujarvi, Matthew Tkachuk

However, that being said; I have a team in Game World Clapper and the propsects in those drafts have been much, much better than the propsects in Fishbowl in terms of overall rating, growth, and impact.  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:

Posted January 08, 2017 - 09:53 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Reliable

My only arguments would be 

a ) prospects from season 4 and season 5 didn't get the full development time in the minors. Give it time and we might find out some players drafted in the bhl or shl in the first couple drafts should have actually been top picks.

b ) Not every draft in the NHL has had amazing top prospects that have an immediate or even big impact on the NHL. Just look at Patrik Stefan, Nail Yakapov, and even the scouting reports for this upcoming draft with Nolan Patrick. If the draft is working fine for other game worlds, I would just classify the season 6 draft to be like these unfortunate top picks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users