GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1381 posts
  • 148 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

A pre release of the upcoming v1.1.8 has been installed on the UAT environment. The release contains the following features and improvements:

Pending contracts

A complete rework of player contracts extensions. An extension will no longer replace the current contract. Instead it will take effect after the player's current contract ends. This also means that you now have the possibility to handle both this and the next season's finance situation. Once your team has promoted or relegated you'll have the new leagues salary cap available for next season signings. This also comes with a limitation where contract extensions will only be allowed on the last year of the player's current contract. But it you will now be able to offer a contract to player's playing in Europe or in other non playable leagues once the regular season ends. If the player accepts he will join your team next season. Player that you own the rights to will be able to accept a contract offer during the complete season. Note that pending contracts also will be accounted for when releasing a player and they will be included in trade offers just like a normal contract.

General happiness

The contract happiness has been removed and is replaced by General happiness. This will be extended in the future to include more happiness factors, such as likes and dislikes in the team. But for now it will handle the contract happiness situation and will give more detail regarding if the player wants to move to a bigger club or just is unhappy with his salary.

Computer trading AI improvements

In a further attempt to prevent cheating or abusing computer teams in trades the following has been done:

• Computer teams will be less likely to agree on trades involving a large number of players and picks
  • Computer teams will be less likely to agree on trades if already been involved in a large number of trades the current season
  • Computer teams will value incoming draft picks less

There is also a new feature introduced where newly signed free agents will be on a trade lock for 20 days before being able to include them in a trade offer.

Transactions loading speed*

Improved loading speed for transactions on the transfer page. Also includes extended filtering for world leagues.

Note. This is quite untested features so please report back any oddities you might find. Just add to this topic. Thanks

Posted November 03, 2016 - 01:09 AM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 431 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Found one issue already :)

Initial Prospect Rankings just came out in Mitts3, so I went to the Prospect Rankings page.

Whenever I click "Go to the player page" I get the "This can't be good" message.  This happens with every prospect I select, no matter where they are ranked, 1st-276th.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted November 05, 2016 - 06:59 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1381 posts
  • 148 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Thanks a lot for the report. Bug confirmed. I will check this out.

Posted November 05, 2016 - 10:33 AM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 431 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Another issue...

Mitts3 is on Day 17 now, but games from Days 15 and 16 were never simmed.

Manager of:

Posted November 06, 2016 - 03:50 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1381 posts
  • 148 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

I've paused the game world temporarily. I'll have an update ready by tomorrow (monday)

Posted November 13, 2016 - 02:52 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1381 posts
  • 148 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Another update to the UAT environment has been installed today. It includes improved computer trading and a new feature where newly signed free agents will be on trade lock for 20 days. The first post in this topic has been edited with further information.

Posted November 13, 2016 - 03:38 AM

Haradrim

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful

Another update to the UAT environment has been installed today. It includes improved computer trading and a new feature where newly signed free agents will be on trade lock for 20 days. The first post in this topic has been edited with further information.

This is a very good thing. But in my view the trade lock should be longer: 1 whole season for newly signed free agents and half a season for those signed through trade.

One of the significant problems of the game now (cause it heavily advantages GHL teams) is that teams sign many players that they don't actually need only to use them as trade bait. 

Posted November 13, 2016 - 07:14 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

This is a very good thing. But in my view the trade lock should be longer: 1 whole season for newly signed free agents and half a season for those signed through trade.

One of the significant problems of the game now (cause it heavily advantages GHL teams) is that teams sign many players that they don't actually need only to use them as trade bait. 

That's actually a really good point that I don't think was really brought up when the idea was being tossed around. Maybe the solution could be to include a mandatory minimum amount of games played. However, I think the time limit would have an overall effect of reducing managers signing players only for trade bait as the biggest abusers currently pretty much just instantly sign and trade free agents for  picks/prospects/good players. Also with the time limit, people would use more thought in signing free agents as it's easier to run into the problem of needing a player, but not being able to acquire him because of cap space essentially locked for the time limit. All in all, I think it would be better to observe how this new feature plays out and to see if it does end up leading to any abuse and whether it is better or worse than the old abuse.

Posted November 13, 2016 - 09:16 PM

IneffableLeafs

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada

I like the minimum games idea, it should enforce better ethics from the managers, and I'm interested to see how the general happiness feature looks.

Keep up the good work!

Also just wondering, would it be possible for me to manage a team in Mitts3, or is it reserved for specific people? I'm thinking of leaving biscuit and trying a faster world.

Posted November 14, 2016 - 11:17 AM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

I'm pretty sure it's for anyone to join. Makes sure you are at http://uat.gameplanhockey.com/rather than http://www.gameplanhockey.com/ as it is the testing server.

Posted November 14, 2016 - 02:52 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1381 posts
  • 148 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

That's actually a really good point that I don't think was really brought up when the idea was being tossed around. Maybe the solution could be to include a mandatory minimum amount of games played.

I totally understand where you're coming from. But on the other hand I don't want to build too many rules based on cheaters either. There might be a lot of reasons where a manager completely legit needs to make trades with signed free agents too (i.e. affected by a lot of injuries). But maybe the lock should be set for newly acquired players in trades too.

Also just wondering, would it be possible for me to manage a team in Mitts3, or is it reserved for specific people? I'm thinking of leaving biscuit and trying a faster world.

It's free for anyone to join. Just go to http://uat.gameplanhockey.comand sign up as CrimsonLumberjacks said. No need to resign from any other team if you don't want to.

Posted November 15, 2016 - 10:59 AM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

I agree about not  making the game overly complicated just to beat the cheaters. However, I'm not really sure what blocking traded players would do. In my opinion, I don't think there is any abuse done if a team trades away a player they acquire by trade. I also see the current system as a way that permits  3-way trades, however, I have no idea if they are actually ever discussed.

Posted November 16, 2016 - 07:46 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1381 posts
  • 148 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Another update on the v1.1.8 pre release: Improved loading speed of transactions on transfer page. Also added som filter options for non playable leagues.

Posted November 22, 2016 - 12:29 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1381 posts
  • 148 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Have anyone experienced any issues with the new features? All simulations has passed through season 1. I'm going to update the official game servers soon but want to check with you guys first.

Posted November 22, 2016 - 12:41 AM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 431 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

No new issues have arisen, at least not from what I can tell.

Manager of:

Posted November 28, 2016 - 11:21 PM

joes

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Floater

It would be nice to have some more Live Managers in UAT.

Posted December 06, 2016 - 01:36 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable

I Would consider, but since there is no GHL teams or even SHL teams remaining and with the sim speed at 6 hours I don't want to take the time to build myself back up.

Posted December 06, 2016 - 08:56 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 431 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

There are plenty of GHL teams available in UAT Mitts.  So far, it's just cbuckser and myself in the top league.

Manager of:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users