Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Floater

Hi,

I am quitting, this game is not properly thought out, the draft was introduced and all the top teams traded for all the bottom teams draft picks already.  Just not fun anymore.  I would like to trade all my good young players before I quit as to not allow them into the hands of these same teams once my team turns to computer controlled.

Therefore, if your team name is not Mountain City Eagles, Burnside Bombers, or Palm Harbour Legends, please send me trade offers for my players.  I don't care whats coming back in return so long as the above teams dont get my good players.

I will stay active until all my good players are gone.

TY

Posted June 09, 2016 - 07:43 AM

Wick Schozen

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Outstanding

You could always start fresh in a new world, Lumber is getting competitive, and teams are really filling out. 

Posted June 09, 2016 - 07:45 AM

bwgrim

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2015
Rep - Helpful
Yeah but same thing is happening in Lumber.

Posted June 09, 2016 - 09:24 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • 22 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

If I may point out other managers showing blatant disrespect to other fellow managers playing the game by exploiting the cpu in trades has nothing to do with the game being properly thought out in any way. It is just other players being ****s because they can. It is a problem in every game with some form of multiplayer. Anders is taking steps to make it harder for such players to continue to do this in the future. Also you could try asking Anders to revert (undo) these trades that you take issue with. I get that a number of players currently with top teams got them, to varying degrees, via exploiting the cpu via unfair trades. However this game is definitely heading in a direction where manager skill will trump those that are currently finding success via exploits rather than any sort of skill.

If you are just too fed up and would rather leave that is your call, and it would be disappointing to see you go, but I would push that you try to stick around as this game is going in the right direction in regards of attempting to make it more difficult for players to exploit the cpu.

Posted June 09, 2016 - 03:43 PM

Kuensami

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2016
Rep - Floater
  • LocationKY, USA

If I may point out other managers showing blatant disrespect to other fellow managers playing the game by exploiting the cpu in trades has nothing to do with the game being properly thought out in any way. It is just other players being ****s because they can. It is a problem in every game with some form of multiplayer. Anders is taking steps to make it harder for such players to continue to do this in the future. Also you could try asking Anders to revert (undo) these trades that you take issue with. I get that a number of players currently with top teams got them, to varying degrees, via exploiting the cpu via unfair trades. However this game is definitely heading in a direction where manager skill will trump those that are currently finding success via exploits rather than any sort of skill.

If you are just too fed up and would rather leave that is your call, and it would be disappointing to see you go, but I would push that you try to stick around as this game is going in the right direction in regards of attempting to make it more difficult for players to exploit the cpu.

Clearly teams are taking advantage of CPUs by acquiring all their draft picks and top players. Look at the top teams in this league - almost every one of them abused the system to gain an unfair advantage. Trading with CPUs creates an enormous disparity between player-controlled teams who do not abuse the game and player-controlled teams who DO abuse the game. That's a problem, and it needs to be fixed ASAP.

The simplest way to fix this problem is NOT by "making [trading with CPUs] more difficult" but to ban trading with CPUs entirely. Between free agency, trading with player-controlled teams, and youth draft, there's no reason a player-controlled team should have to trade with CPUs to fill their roster.

Whether this game is "heading in the right direction" or not is irrelevant; trading with CPUs is a feature that is ruining the game. 

Posted June 09, 2016 - 05:23 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • 22 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

Clearly teams are taking advantage of CPUs by acquiring all their draft picks and top players. Look at the top teams in this league - almost every one of them abused the system to gain an unfair advantage. Trading with CPUs creates an enormous disparity between player-controlled teams who do not abuse the game and player-controlled teams who DO abuse the game. That's a problem, and it needs to be fixed ASAP.

The simplest way to fix this problem is NOT by "making [trading with CPUs] more difficult" but to ban trading with CPUs entirely. Between free agency, trading with player-controlled teams, and youth draft, there's no reason a player-controlled team should have to trade with CPUs to fill their roster.

Whether this game is "heading in the right direction" or not is irrelevant; trading with CPUs is a feature that is ruining the game. 

The ability to trade with the CPU is not ruining the game. Players abusing the CPU via being able to trade with them is ruining the game. There is a massive difference. Your putting the blame and responsibility of the issue on an inanimate thing rather than the people abusing the thing. Thus you are wanting to take an extreme measure to fix said issue.

Completely removing the ability to trade with CPU controlled teams is an extreme measure that should only be used as a last resort. It still is a critical feature that, in some leagues (note I said leagues not worlds,) is still very needed due to the lack of managers that are either willing to make a fair trade, understand negotiating a trade or just have too few human players to trade with. Thus removing the ability to make a trade with the CPU would only be a big negative impact.

I get why you and others are calling for the removal of trading with the CPU but it isn't the best solution to the problem at hand by far. The player population is still just too low, at least in the game world I am in, for that solution to be a good one. The ability to trade with the CPU is not ruining the game. Other players abusing the CPU in trades is. Fixing the CPU trade logic to lessen the ability to abuse the CPU in trades is the way to go given the entire picture with this game.

Also you guys could be sending PMs to Anders about such abusive trades asking for them to be reverted. You also could be posting them in topics although that is a seriously bad way of going about it. Either way it would be a lot of extra work for Anders if there were a lot of trades to revert.

Posted June 09, 2016 - 05:49 PM

Kuensami

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationKY, USA

The ability to trade with the CPU is not ruining the game. Players abusing the CPU via being able to trade with them is ruining the game. There is a massive difference. Your putting the blame and responsibility of the issue on an inanimate thing rather than the people abusing the thing. Thus you are wanting to take an extreme measure to fix said issue.

Completely removing the ability to trade with CPU controlled teams is an extreme measure that should only be used as a last resort. It still is a critical feature that, in some leagues (note I said leagues not worlds,) is still very needed due to the lack of managers that are either willing to make a fair trade, understand negotiating a trade or just have too few human players to trade with. Thus removing the ability to make a trade with the CPU would only be a big negative impact.

I get why you and others are calling for the removal of trading with the CPU but it isn't the best solution to the problem at hand by far. The player population is still just too low, at least in the game world I am in, for that solution to be a good one. The ability to trade with the CPU is not ruining the game. Other players abusing the CPU in trades is. Fixing the CPU trade logic to lessen the ability to abuse the CPU in trades is the way to go given the entire picture with this game.

Also you guys could be sending PMs to Anders about such abusive trades asking for them to be reverted. You also could be posting them in topics although that is a seriously bad way of going about it. Either way it would be a lot of extra work for Anders if there were a lot of trades to revert.

Of course I am putting the blame on the "inanimate thing" because the "inanimate thing" is the problem. It is far too easy for managers to abuse the CPUs and gain an enormous advantage over managers who do not abuse the CPUs. The simplest, easiest, most reasonable (read: not extreme) measure to take is to prevent managers from trading with CPUs. That's not extreme at all. An extreme measure would be to remove trading altogether, but that's not what I'm proposing. I'm also not proposing punishing managers who have already abused the system. They used the rules to their advantage and benefited enormously, so the rules need to be changed from here on out to give those of us who do not abuse the rules a chance to compete.

Surely you're not denying the advantage teams get by abusing the CPUs, are you? If teams are able to accumulate tons of first round draft picks and top players, what chance do new players have to compete? That's no way to encourage new managers to join the game when they have no realistic chance to compete at the highest level with teams that have the best players, best prospects, and best picks; it basically eliminates the purpose of the draft...

And also, the community will remain small if we don't fix this problem. As evidence by OP, we're already losing players to this issue.

Posted June 09, 2016 - 08:39 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 465 posts
  • 15 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Eventually, every team will be controlled by a human, I know this is one of Anders' dreams.  How cool would that be?!  Rather than blaming this or that, why not invite some friends to join GPHM, therefore shrinking the amount of CPU teams.

Oh, and BTW, I wouldn't recommend liking your own posts, Kuensami, it makes you look bad.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 08:54 PM

Kuensami

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationKY, USA

Eventually, every team will be controlled by a human, I know this is one of Anders' dreams.  How cool would that be?!  Rather than blaming this or that, why not invite some friends to join GPHM, therefore shrinking the amount of CPU teams.

Oh, and BTW, I wouldn't recommend liking your own posts, Kuensami, it makes you look bad.

Why not? I have yet to say something I don't like.  ;)

Posted June 09, 2016 - 11:18 PM

Partner642

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationIndiana

Steam Profile

What league are you in?

Posted June 10, 2016 - 09:30 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • 22 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

Of course I am putting the blame on the "inanimate thing" because the "inanimate thing" is the problem. It is far too easy for managers to abuse the CPUs and gain an enormous advantage over managers who do not abuse the CPUs. The simplest, easiest, most reasonable (read: not extreme) measure to take is to prevent managers from trading with CPUs. That's not extreme at all. An extreme measure would be to remove trading altogether, but that's not what I'm proposing. I'm also not proposing punishing managers who have already abused the system. They used the rules to their advantage and benefited enormously, so the rules need to be changed from here on out to give those of us who do not abuse the rules a chance to compete.

Surely you're not denying the advantage teams get by abusing the CPUs, are you? If teams are able to accumulate tons of first round draft picks and top players, what chance do new players have to compete? That's no way to encourage new managers to join the game when they have no realistic chance to compete at the highest level with teams that have the best players, best prospects, and best picks; it basically eliminates the purpose of the draft...

And also, the community will remain small if we don't fix this problem. As evidence by OP, we're already losing players to this issue.

It is an extreme measure when there are still a number of leagues in which there are too few human managers that want to trade or even just to trade with.

Also putting the blame on the inanimate thing is extremely absurd. Especially since the inanimate thing is not the problem in any way. Blaming the inanimate thing completely bypasses the fact that people are abusing said thing. People abusing is the issue. Not said thing being abused.

Finally since you seem to be rather oblivious to sections of my prior post that you responded to, and my post history in these forums, I am very much concerned about the population of this game and the well being of new players. Your solution is much more likely to seriously hurt and hamper new players until this game gets a much bigger population rather than actually help. New players can only join at the BHL level or lower. Most CPU trade abuse is happening at the GHL and SHL levels. That is above and out of touch of new players if you can't tell.

Why not? I have yet to say something I don't like.  ;)

To reiterate on what he means by "it makes you look bad" in a still relatively forum friendly manner you look like a tool doing it. However, to put it more blunt, if you don't mind looking like an egotistical fool go ahead and keep doing it.

Posted June 10, 2016 - 09:39 AM

Kuensami

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationKY, USA

It is an extreme measure when there are still a number of leagues in which there are too few human managers that want to trade or even just to trade with.

Also putting the blame on the inanimate thing is extremely absurd. Especially since the inanimate thing is not the problem in any way. Blaming the inanimate thing completely bypasses the fact that people are abusing said thing. People abusing is the issue. Not said thing being abused.

Finally since you seem to be rather oblivious to sections of my prior post that you responded to, and my post history in these forums, I am very much concerned about the population of this game and the well being of new players. Your solution is much more likely to seriously hurt and hamper new players until this game gets a much bigger population rather than actually help. New players can only join at the BHL level or lower. Most CPU trade abuse is happening at the GHL and SHL levels. That is above and out of touch of new players if you can't tell.

To reiterate on what he means by "it makes you look bad" in a still relatively forum friendly manner you look like a tool doing it. However, to put it more blunt, if you don't mind looking like an egotistical fool go ahead and keep doing it.

A Tool and an egotistoical fool, eh? Well it's a good thing you're here to set me straight.

And no wonder the community here is so small; you can't have a simple exchange of ideas without someone resorting to ad hominems.

Posted June 10, 2016 - 09:48 AM

Kuensami

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationKY, USA

What league are you in?

Howitzer mate

Posted June 10, 2016 - 03:08 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • 12 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

And no wonder the community here is so small; you can't have a simple exchange of ideas without someone resorting to ad hominems.

The point of the "Like This" button is for OTHER people to appreciate your comments. Let's leave that to them. Our job is to contribute to the community in a manner that makes it better. Liking your own comments doesn't serve such a purpose. We've had cases in the past like this, all it'll get you is a bad rep.

Posted June 10, 2016 - 05:23 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • 22 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

The point of the "Like This" button is for OTHER people to appreciate your comments. Let's leave that to them. Our job is to contribute to the community in a manner that makes it better. Liking your own comments doesn't serve such a purpose. We've had cases in the past like this, all it'll get you is a bad rep.

Case in point kuensami. Never did I say you were a tool or egocentric fool. Just that liking your own posts gives the impression that that is what your character is. It would really behoove you to recognize the difference between "looking like" and "you are." I said look like and looking like. Never did I say you were. Not trying to be rude, just giving it to you straight.

This community is small not because of any community negativity but because the game is very new and has had virtually no exposure beyond word of mouth.

Posted June 10, 2016 - 05:39 PM

Kuensami

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationKY, USA

Ok, fuck this game and its "community". Goodbye

Posted June 10, 2016 - 08:00 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • 12 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
He obviously didnt like his last comment.....he didnt push the Like button this time.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted November 17, 2016 - 02:58 PM

thcsfu

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: December 2015
Rep - Floater

I thought he said he was quitting.....

Posted November 17, 2016 - 08:25 PM

fangwall

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

I only trade with CPU teams.  I don't get even remotely fair offers from human owners.   I have to usually offer far more to get a trade to go through to the point where one of my teams was frozen for giving up too many unbalanced trades for a day.

It's not easy trading with CPU teams any longer. 

Posted March 13, 2018 - 06:38 AM

Eric The Great

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Floater

i know this was an old post but wanted to say this. there is cheating everywhere and there must be here too. easy for anyone to start a team with a different pc and email and do whatever they want. the game owners usually try to make it hard for cheating but people always find a way to . thats like the hackers who hack high security systems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users