Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Reliable
And the problem will remains the same: what if a player don't read the forum or just don't care?

Posted June 13, 2016 - 07:13 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • 12 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
Sorry, hadn't checked the Standings page....didn't realize more bot teams had promoted. I guess whatever rules we have so far will have to do.

Posted June 13, 2016 - 07:14 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
In terms of not reading the forum...maybe someone can send out in-game PMs?

Posted June 13, 2016 - 08:16 PM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 10 thanks
Rep - Reliable
I don't think the gentlemanly rule will work because it just take a new player that wants to screw up a world (happened in other worlds) to destroy any deal between players. And it takes less than 24h. I think it worth a try but doesn't seem to work. Anders fix didn't really made trades with bots lot harder. I'm sure that Anders Will come up with something more signification eventually. While it happens, I would prefer an open world were the best offer wins. I can tell that trying to guess who is going to win in SHL is fun too. I know it is against the spirit of draft switch but, let's face it, Mitts is interesting for only a few players because it's really time consuming if you want to be one of the best teams (tactics, injuries, trades) so we will have lot of bots team for a while, even more in SHL. So, for now, I think the best way to deal with this is to come back as it was before and make everything available to anyone. I also think that the limits of an abuse of the drafting system will appear in a few seasons. How many great players have been drafted so far? 2? 5? 10? Drafting helps trading and trading is limited by the salary cap. I honestly don't another fair way to deal with this.

Posted June 13, 2016 - 08:44 PM

Noah

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2016
Rep - Floater

I'm actually super sorry. I didn't really realize the forums were super important. I'm the manager of Wynyard and I just thought I was playing the game like everyone else (because you guys got a lot of picks in past years and I didn't), I recognize the importance of this agreement, so I'll stop trading for picks, or just with bot teams in general. Also I'm an irl friend of the manager for Urbancrest, so I'll tell him the same thing. I think we've pretty much reached everyone else in the GHL, so we should be good to have fun again, sorry guys ;)

Edit: Also, definitely super jelly of some of your teams.

Posted June 14, 2016 - 09:11 AM

matthewber

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2016
Rep - Floater

Also sorry, don't often check the forums but will make a habit to do so more often. 

Im on board as of now. 

Also,

What should we do if a AI team sends us a trade involving a draft pick?

Should we ignore the trade or is it okay because the AI made the trade

Matt (UrbanCrest Comets)

Posted June 14, 2016 - 09:21 AM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 10 thanks
Rep - Reliable
So far, I doubt that AI will sendyou an offer involving picks or prospect. AI rend to send you offer related to your needs and prospects rights and draft aren't an option.

Posted June 14, 2016 - 01:37 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable
This is unavoidable until CPU cant be traded with. Ive given up on trading and just Im just kind of checking my thing daily and thats about all. All Interest is gone with Random people (Not you guys) just trading picks for picks and everything in between.

Posted June 14, 2016 - 03:55 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

If bot teams' offers do involve picks...its usually for YOUR picks....but yeah, just ignore those. Follow the rules as outlined in the first post of this thread. It's all we've got till things settle down.

Posted June 19, 2016 - 06:34 PM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 10 thanks
Rep - Reliable

There will be a lot of bot teams next season in GHL and there is one or two thing that should be cleared out before next season.

- I would go for no trade for the 5 first picks.  Top 4 seems really strong this season.  Just too easy. 

- The "fair play" criteria is too subjective.  For a 1st round pick, I think the player shouldn't be over 32 years old and under 90 overall average.  Should be a 1 for 1 (no 2 or 3 players involve for 1 prospect).

-  Question: Do we allow SHL team to trade for GHL 1st round pick? It could help SHL teams to rise more easily, but is a limit a 1 first round pick per team should be fixed?

What do you think?

Posted June 20, 2016 - 08:53 PM

cbuckser

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Floater
I think a ban on trades with computer-controlled teams is the quickest and cleanest solution to the problem. It's overbroad, but it's objective and easy to understand.

Posted July 06, 2016 - 05:46 PM

Sir Jude101

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Floater
I would like it if we could add kind of a restricted free agent thing similar to the NHL where teams hold the rights to certain players until they are 27. If other teams want to sign them, they have to give draft picks as compensation. I've had a few great young players in my SHL team who have been taken by GHL teams who have a bigger salary cap, which means more money for that player. Adding a rule like that would be nice, but the rfa age could be lower, something like age 23-24.
What do you guys think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users