Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

A few of us in the GHL in Mitts have agreed a new "Gentleman's Agreement"  to make things more fair and hopefully fun.

• As A GHL team you may not trade for SHL draft picks to try to get the top pick in the draft. This is to ensure SHL--> GHL teams can remain competitive.
  • You may not trade for fellow COMPUTER GHL teams 1st Round Draft Picks
  • You MAY NOT trade for a top 10 prospect from a computer after the draft unless you are giving "Fair value" back. (High rated core player)

This is all for now. Hopefully we all can abide by this. :)

More will be added later if more rules are agreed upon.

Posted May 31, 2016 - 08:28 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • 12 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Sounds good.

Obviously the Ava Bears are ahead of the game once again....we could just let it go(in which case, they'll be reaping the benefits of the advantage they've got for several seasons) or figure out a solution as "Gentlemen"? I mean, it'd be fine with 1 or 2 picks from bot teams...but Nic's jumped on quite more than that....

Once again, nothing personal Nic...I know its prob annoying that we keep mentioning you even though whatever you've done is perfectly legal as per current GPH rules....its just that people are losing interest....isn't as fun as we'd like it to be(as it was before...) and it won't be as fun for you either in the long run.

Posted May 31, 2016 - 09:34 PM

cbuckser

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Floater
I'm on board with the agreement. Thank you for putting it together.

Posted May 31, 2016 - 09:38 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 426 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Now that I'm in Mitts GHL, I should start paying attention. :D

Deadwood Outlaws gave me his 2nd and 3rd round GHL picks for my 1st round SHL, knowing I would be promoted to GHL and thus my 1st round SHL pick turned into the #3 overall pick in the Season 12 Draft.  This happened before the Gentleman's Rule came into effect, and honestly, I'm not bitter about it.  It's all part of the game, and I'm actually pleased with my 2nd round pick. :)

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 09:52 PM

cliffjones33

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: December 2015
Rep - Floater

Now that I'm in Mitts GHL, I should start paying attention. :D

Deadwood Outlaws gave me his 2nd and 3rd round GHL picks for my 1st round SHL, knowing I would be promoted to GHL and thus my 1st round SHL pick turned into the #3 overall pick in the Season 12 Draft.  This happened before the Gentleman's Rule came into effect, and honestly, I'm not bitter about it.  It's all part of the game, and I'm actually pleased with my 2nd round pick. :)

Btw, thanks for coming in 1st in SHL. I was hoping you would stay at the top of the league so that I could get Denga as my pick, and i got him, so thanks again.

Also, I'll follow this agreement going forward.

Posted June 01, 2016 - 12:26 AM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 426 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

No problem, Cliff, as I said, I was cool with the trade otherwise I would not have accepted it.

I could've been your feeder team!  Send your top picks down to me and I could have developed them for your GHL team! :)  Although, now that I'm in the GHL, that idea won't work.  Speaking of feeder teams, I'm excited for the next big update which should introduce minor league affiliates!

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted June 01, 2016 - 03:16 AM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Reliable
No problem Canuck. Well ... You know what I mean. Because of salary cap and trading, I've seen right from the start the potential edge you could get from draft. I was mislead by the fact that Southside and Great Dane first picks got traded even before I could got up in day 1 after the drafting system and couldn't trade with the Wizard for his first pick too. I really though the fight would be toughter for draft picks this year, which lead to this.

I never met to make this league boring or frustrating for anyone and I'm sorry it turned out this way. I really hope this gentlemanly rule can fix this out. I'mstill open to fix this out if it doesn't.

Posted June 08, 2016 - 07:32 AM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 10 thanks
Rep - Reliable
Since a fix has been made about computer trade which was the core of the problem, does the gentleman rule is still necessary? Do we Just keep the rule about SHL draft picks?

Posted June 08, 2016 - 04:00 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Exactly what changes have been made?

Posted June 08, 2016 - 06:34 PM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 10 thanks
Rep - Reliable
SHL draft pick have a higher value. That's for sure.

Posted June 09, 2016 - 05:33 AM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 10 thanks
Rep - Reliable
Season is ending soon so I understand that we keep the same rules for next season?

Before next draft, that I'm expecting to bring some frustration, I want to bring a little perspective on the impact on drafting for the next season. If we take a look at the 15 first draft picks or best prospects, there is Mee, who has a +3, a few plus +2 but mainly +1 eventually maybe +2. How interesting would have been a 19 yo gifted loyal with a 76 overall before the drafting system? Not that interesting. I don't know how the league will evolve but I don't expect a revolution based on this year or next year draft.

I've been really lucky with the choices I've made in the beginning of the season and have made a important trade mid season so I will have at least 4 first round picks. I stopped trading as soon has the gentlemanly rules has been accepted except for a draft pick exchange with an experienced player from GHL. Just want to explain before this year data disappears.

Posted June 11, 2016 - 10:59 PM

cbuckser

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Floater

Trading for the player drafted first overall as soon as the new season begins wasn't literally addressed in the opening post. But it sure conflicts with the spirit of the agreement. If trading for the draft pick before the draft is held upsets the competitive balance of the league, there is no reason why making the trade mere hours after the draft is held would have a different impact.

Although NHL teams do try to exploit loopholes in the rules to their advantage, this league should be different. Stan Bowman doesn't have the opportunity to make trades with bots that even Mike Milbury could outfox.

Posted June 12, 2016 - 02:41 AM

CCRenegades

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Agreed cbuckser

Posted June 12, 2016 - 11:09 AM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Agreed.

Posted June 12, 2016 - 11:57 AM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 10 thanks
Rep - Reliable
I do agree. And again, want to put some perspective to my choices.

Year 1 after the trading system: two experienced players of this league trade for bots teams first draft in the middle of the night. I didn't even knew the drafting system has started yet. The only potential easy-to-get 1st round draft picks left are the ones from SHL. I start to trade for those. Year 2. I won't let my chance go this year and make some offers right after the season turnover. I don't know if I didn't get opposition or just made better offer but I get 2 first draft pick and 3 SHL first picks. I don't trade for season 1 first pick because the manager is in vacation and it seems unfair (and we already have an history). I don't remember if it is before or after the gentlemanly rule, but the first draft pick is exchanged early in the season.

I posted on this forum before last year playoffs if we keep the same gentlemanly rule or change it. Not a single answer. I asked for an advice to one of the experienced player of this world about this potential problem and got an answer that Anders fix should solve this and that there was need for an update of the rule.

What's funny (or not) is that I do the exact same thing as most of the top players of this league do, respect this game rules, gentlemanly or official, give the opportunity to prevent this situation and it still doesn't seem to be right. And two bots first draft picks have been traded singe the actual season has started.

Hard to get the spirit of an agreement if it's different for everyone and we don't agree on something before it happens.

From the player who hardly can write a post without getting a comment about this problem.

Posted June 12, 2016 - 03:33 PM

cbuckser

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Floater

Nicolas, I thought the silence when you suggested scrapping the agreement meant that your proposal lacked support.

Nevertheless, it's true that Nicolas isn't the only person who has made, before or after the agreement, the trades we're trying to stop. This agreement can't work if some owners never read the forum and are not aware of it. In addition, the newest rule about the top-10 prospect can be subject to differing interpretations.

I'm not one of the early adopters to this game; I just started playing a few days before the pre-release interruption. I don't know Anders. I think we should consider whether the best solution would be for GHL teams to be flat-out barred from making trades with computer-controlled teams. 

Posted June 13, 2016 - 02:06 PM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 10 thanks
Rep - Reliable
Another 1st round pick has been traded. I'm not asking since I don't need to.

Posted June 13, 2016 - 04:39 PM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 10 thanks
Rep - Reliable
And Wynyard now has four 1st draft picks. Now, I ask: do we keep it?

Posted June 13, 2016 - 05:14 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

In terms of the GHL in Mitts, we're pretty full with human GMs right? How full is the SHL? Can't we just say "No trading with bot teams"?

Posted June 13, 2016 - 05:29 PM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 10 thanks
Rep - Reliable
5 bots teams isn't full. It's 1/3 of the league.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users