GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 196 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Excellent
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

Try sending Anders a PM, I'm not in Clapper so cannot take a look in what happened.

Posted June 16, 2016 - 04:34 AM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 921 posts
  • 113 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Excellent
  • LocationSweden

@MAGICQ7 I think you lost your draft picks because of a bug that now has been fixed. I'm sorry about that. Of course, your are not meant to lose your draft picks when relegated. The owners will however be switched with the promoting team.

Posted June 29, 2016 - 02:56 PM

rinkrat

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2016
Neutral

Ok, so I acquired a SHL 3rd round pick in trades and I still have my (BHL) 3rd round pick. How does the draft order work for that since I have two third round picks but the SHL one will be much higher than my BHL one?

Posted June 29, 2016 - 03:45 PM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 196 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Excellent
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

You normally place players into your shortlist, set them to go at round 3. Then the highest one available will be drafted with your SHL pick, and the highest one available come your BHL pick, will also be drafted. No way to separate them from each others.

Posted September 09, 2016 - 06:23 PM

bo horvat

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Neutral

the draft pick switch needs to be looked at, the cost to acquire 1st round ghl picks is higher than what I will get with a 1st round SHL pick.  What a waste.

Posted September 15, 2016 - 01:49 AM

koekefix

Assistant GM

• Moderators
  • 141 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Excellent
  • LocationBelgium

So the draft order has been announced in Biscuit and I have some questions regarding that:

- I ended 2nd in the league and yet I have received the 16th pick in the 1st round? This should be the 15th if I'm not mistaking?

- I have seen the Protons receiving the 15th pick but considering their ranking this should be the 13th pick?

- If I look at the 3rd round picks, I get the last one again but the pick before me is now for the Minutemen.

To make it clear these picks have stayed with their original owner. It seems the order is not correct if you look at the league ranking.

Thanks for the feedback.

Posted September 15, 2016 - 03:42 AM

Erzac

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Good

It's not strictly tied to a team's position in the league.

Quote from the first page of this thread:

"The very exact draft pick number will then be decided with a lottery where the worst placed teams will have the greatest chance of winning a top pick number."

Then again I don't know what's up with the later rounds. Seems like some teams move up one place in the order when compared to the first round. Don't know if that's intended or not.

Posted September 15, 2016 - 05:02 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Excellent
  • LocationSri Lanka

This too confused me today.  I slide two spots back than my finish, which means two other teams must have been luckier than me and I get punished for it in each round!  

Posted September 15, 2016 - 05:06 AM

koekefix

Assistant GM

• Moderators
  • 141 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Excellent
  • LocationBelgium

Exactly Steve, it doesn't seem correct.

Our 3rd round however is after the SHL 1st round, so that makes sense. Still the later round picks are very confusing.

Posted September 15, 2016 - 11:19 AM

Daedalus

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Neutral

I am new and this is my first draft but read the first post in this thread before the draft came out so was aware of the lottery.  After seeing my draft locations I am assuming each round has it's own lottery which would explain differing positions.

I moved up 3 in the first round, 2 in the second round and drafting where I should in the third round.  I guess I was lucky!

Posted January 10, 2017 - 10:03 AM

Jewlz

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Neutral
  • LocationPoland

Hey guys,

I got a question regarding the draft process. How significant is the pick in the "Choose any prospect with a significant higher rank"?

For example, if I have a draft pick at the #180 spot and there's a player left in the draft ranked as the 175th - will that be significant enough? 

I'm wondering if I should use that option or "Always use shortlist over rank". 

Thanks in advance :)

Posted January 10, 2017 - 09:57 PM

IneffableLeafs

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Good
  • LocationCanada

@julek

I'm a bit unsure myself about "Choose any prospect with a significant higher rank" as a draft preference.

I always use "Always use shortlist over rank", and that's personal opinion.

I make sure to shortlist at least 3 players projected to go around every pick you have.

So usually you would want to shortlist 9 or more prospects depending on how many picks you have and depending on if you decide to draft like me.

Hope I provided a little help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users