Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 962 posts
  • 116 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Excellent
  • LocationSweden
# Team spirit - Help files

The team spirit of the team is measured in three different values; Confidence, Teamwork and Winner instinct.

## Confidence
The confidence value is affected by on game results, how well your team is playing, adapting to your chosen tactics and focuses but also on individual performances/mistakes.

It might be a good idea to make sure that your style of play actual fits your player’s ratings. Otherwise they may underachieve and the overall confidence of the team will drop.

## Teamwork
This value will give you a hint on how well the players agree, thrive and enjoy each other’s company. In order to adjust this value you’ll need to check your player’s psychological profile and especially the *Ego* value. Perhaps you need to make some changes in your roster? 

The teamwork value will also improve the longer the players play together.

## Winner instinct
The winner instinct of a team is also based on your roster’s psychological profiles. Make sure you have just enough players who will do almost anything to win but be careful not to have too many since they most probably will create disputes within your own team.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted May 26, 2016 - 06:07 AM

Tutankhamen

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Excellent
  • LocationThe Netherlands

As expected, my team lacks Winner Instinct :P (that's what you get for going after all the loyal players)

Posted May 26, 2016 - 07:20 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 201 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Excellent
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

Great work with this as well!

I like how my teams confidence is "perfect" but it's still just above the halfway mark :D

Posted May 26, 2016 - 07:25 AM

canucks

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Excellent

Great work with this as well!

I like how my teams confidence is "perfect" but it's still just above the halfway mark :D

Lol same....its Blue right now though even with "Perfect", so I guess there's room for improvement still.

Posted May 27, 2016 - 01:39 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • 2 thanks
Excellent
  • LocationSri Lanka

My Teamwork is Orange but "Bad", which explains why they keep running into each other out there!!!

Posted June 02, 2016 - 03:04 AM

Tutankhamen

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • 5 thanks
Excellent

Is the Winner Instinct value determined by the full roster or just the main lineup?

I used to have all loyal players, so my Winner Instinct is weak.

If it's the full roster I can sign a few very very bad players with a big ego (arrogant, cocky etc) to "cheat" the system.

I also figured out (at least for pre 1.1 players) that the ego trait directly replaced the loyal trait.

So compassionate players used to be loyal players and so on. If this is how it also works for newly generated players, then it's easy to see who will ask for more salary.

All in all, if it works how I think it works, the best strategy is to have a few bad players with a big ego. These will ask for the most salary, but because they are bad players and not playing they won't ask for that much. And you still managed to improve your team's Winner Instinct.

Please tell me it doesn't work like this :P (I would consider it a loophole)

Posted June 02, 2016 - 04:00 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Excellent
  • LocationCzech Republic

That is interesting question, Tutankhamen. I was wondering about that too. 

But if players outside roster adjust Winner Instinct, they would have impact on Teamwork, too. Don't they? Basically, I think that for Winner Instinct more traits... I guess Heroic might help, which my team lacks and I have OK Winner Instinct, while I mostly Loyal or professional players...

Posted June 02, 2016 - 06:27 AM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Excellent
I'm quite sure it's based in big game trait too. Really hard to get a team full of heroic players.

Posted June 02, 2016 - 06:31 AM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • 10 thanks
Excellent
A guess: captains might be the ones who have the more impact on winner instinct.

Posted June 02, 2016 - 06:32 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 962 posts
  • 116 thanks
Excellent
  • LocationSweden

Yes, there are more characteristics than Ego to influence the Winner instinct, for example BigGames value.

The player reputation will also influence on how much the player will impact the winner instinct value. A fringe, scratched, player will not have a big impact on the value.

I'm adjusting this further in the v1.1.2 so there might be som other changes too.

And yes, for all existing players the Ego value was translated from the Greed value since you might already have expected a certain Ego from your players depending on that value. It's not 100% translated though so it might have some differences.

Posted June 02, 2016 - 06:34 AM

Nicolas Senet

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • 10 thanks
Excellent
Another guess: captains might have more impact on teamwork than winner instinct.

Posted June 02, 2016 - 11:15 AM

Tutankhamen

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • 5 thanks
Excellent

And yes, for all existing players the Ego value was translated from the Greed value since you might already have expected a certain Ego from your players depending on that value. It's not 100% translated though so it might have some differences.

So we can conclude from this that for newly generated players the Ego value does not correlate to the previous Greed trait? If yes, that's good.

And also good to know that scratched players will not have a huge influence on the Winner Instinct rating. That puts a stop to the aforementioned loophole :P

Posted June 02, 2016 - 02:12 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 962 posts
  • 116 thanks
Excellent
  • LocationSweden
Yes that's right. New players will have completely different Ego and Greed traits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users