MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

As I mentioned earlier, a no-move-clause is exactly what it sounds like unless there are any exceptions added to it. It means that a team cannot send down a player or trade a player without the players explicit permission. And I was using Toronto specifically as an example because your were, I talked about a potential trade from Chicago's point of view equally as much and said that not trading Kane has probably already worked out better just because since then, they've won another cup. Sure they might be able (might being a key word) to challenge for a few more if they traded Kane, but would they come out with more than the 1 cup.

I didn't ever say Turris was failing miserably, I thought he played fine. What I said was that the management probably didn't think he fit their system as well as they wanted which is why they might not want to pay Turris the 6mil he deserves. It'd be pretty awesome if Ottawa ends up upping their budget or even removing it.

Posted November 10, 2017 - 07:21 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • 22 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

Chicago would have a much better statistical chance at more than one. Take that for what you think its worth.

Posted November 10, 2017 - 10:38 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 470 posts
  • 15 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Switching gears, how about Winnipeg?!  I knew bringing in Mason was a stupid move when you already have Hellebuyck on the team!

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted November 12, 2017 - 12:17 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • 22 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

The best I can explain Mason is that his occasional flashes of brilliance in Philadelphia convinced management that he was better for some reason. I would have never signed him.

Posted November 23, 2017 - 05:43 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Mason is not consistent, but neither is Helle, who also lacks experience. I think splitting time between the two of them might be good idea - not split starts, but riding hot hand. For example Mason was superb yesterday, I would start him until he blows it, which he will sooner or later.

Posted April 18, 2018 - 02:52 PM

Balazs

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationHungary

This year the Division IA World Championship will be arranged in Hungary, so I have a chance to see some good hockey matches. The Vegas Golden Knights defeated my favourite hockey team in the playoff, so I hope I will see the great Kopitar in Budapest. :) Do you have any information that he will play in the tournament? He is on the Team Slovenia's Entry List...

Posted April 18, 2018 - 04:52 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • 22 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

This year the Division IA World Championship will be arranged in Hungary, so I have a chance to see some good hockey matches. The Vegas Golden Knights defeated my favourite hockey team in the playoff, so I hope I will see the great Kopitar in Budapest. :) Do you have any information that he will play in the tournament? He is on the Team Slovenia's Entry List...

It is likely but that doesn't mean that he will. Players that get eliminated, when healthy, go play in that tournament. Enjoy the tournament.

Wish I had put up 1st round predictions now. See how much flak I would have gotten for saying Vegas in 5 and nearly being right. I also had Sharks in 5 for the record.

Posted April 21, 2018 - 03:06 PM

Balazs

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationHungary

I have bought our tickets for the first match of tournament. Great Britain will play against Slovenia, I think Kopitar will not play in this tournament. Team Hungary's matches are all sold out, so I need to watch another teams battles in the arena, and after that I can watch my country's matches in the television.

Vegas has a great first season, they were brutal against the Kings. It was interesting that Brayden McNabb an ex-Kings player scored the decisive goal.

Posted April 23, 2018 - 06:14 PM

Balazs

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationHungary

The World Championship has started in the Division 1A in Hungary, and it is a very exciting tournament so far. Slovenia has zero points after two matches, and every other team has 3 points. :) (Kazakhstan and Great Britain played only 1 match) I watched the Slovenia - Great Britain match in the arena and it was a fantastic experience.

Today Team Hungary (my country) have beaten Team Italy 3:2, and it was a thriller...

Maybe somebody can help me, because I didn't understand one decision from the referee. You can see the highlights of the match here:

At 0:52 Team Italy have launched an attack, and at the end of the action the puck has flied over the hungarian giant Adam Vay (goaltender) and Italy score a goal. After that one referee signalling a goal, but the other one has some problem with the situation. The goal is disallowed and Armin Hofer (nr. 9) was penalized for interference.

I don't understand this decision and the broadcaster said that it was a valid goal...

As I see Italy nr. 28 has pushed the defenceman but I don't see nr. 9 at all...

Posted April 23, 2018 - 10:21 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • 22 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

At 0:52 Team Italy have launched an attack, and at the end of the action the puck has flied over the hungarian giant Adam Vay (goaltender) and Italy score a goal. After that one referee signalling a goal, but the other one has some problem with the situation. The goal is disallowed and Armin Hofer (nr. 9) was penalized for interference.

I don't understand this decision and the broadcaster said that it was a valid goal...

As I see Italy nr. 28 has pushed the defenceman but I don't see nr. 9 at all...

That is actually a good no goal call. The Italian player pushed the defender into the goalie and caused the interference which allowed the goal. The ref made the right call on not allowing the goal but the penalty was a bit harsh. Edit: Especially on the wrong Italian player. Edit 2: I'm not a ref and I am not as familiar with the strictness of IIHF rules as I am NHL rules but to me the proper ruling on that is no goal but no penalty.

Posted April 24, 2018 - 02:50 AM

Balazs

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationHungary

It was interesting to see that Armih Hofer easily accepted his penalty, maybe there was another foul earlier... Adam Vay was very nerve-racking, the Rapid City Rush goaltender was usually standing out of his post, and he got 2 goals over him, nevertheless he is nearly 2 meter tall, luckily one goal was disallowed... Of course he was out of his territory again, and started wrestling with other players...

The broadcaster, Levente Szuper said, that we can thank the referee that he disallowed the goal. He was an excellent goaltender (Calgary Falmes drafted him, and he won AHL with the St. John Flames), so it was interesting to hear that he didn't defend Adam Vay in this situation.

Posted April 24, 2018 - 09:02 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • 22 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

It was interesting to see that Armih Hofer easily accepted his penalty, maybe there was another foul earlier...

If you debate a penalty in international play your likely going to get an extra penalty. It is usually better to just accept the penalty and move on.

Posted April 24, 2018 - 12:43 PM

Balazs

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationHungary

It's clear, it doesn't worth to risk an extra penalty. I have got a feeling that if the italian forward didn't push the defenceman the goaltender still couldn't been able to avoid the collision. After this situation they scored a shorthanded goal, thanks to the hungarian defence... :)

Posted May 01, 2018 - 04:32 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

How about them Golden Knights?

Fleury is a beast.

https://twitter.com/...191255207088128

Posted May 01, 2018 - 10:30 PM

granpubah

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Reliable

If Fleury were a beast he'd still be in Pittsburgh!    he's a glorified Ron Tugnutt...

'

Posted May 02, 2018 - 09:07 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • 22 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

If Fleury were a beast he'd still be in Pittsburgh!    he's a glorified Ron Tugnutt...

'

To be honest he is the only reason the GKs didn't limp into the playoffs as the team play fell off down the stretch. He is a lot more than a glorified Ron Tugnutt. I would actually still call him one of the elite of the NHL. The reality is that Pittsburgh couldn't keep him due to salary combined with the emergence of Murray. Finally with the expansion draft the fact that they wanted to keep their roster up front intact and leaving Fleury exposed for Vegas to pick was a win/win scenario. Had they not gotten out from under Fleury's cap hit they would have had to let 2 of the 3 between Sheary, Dumoulin and Schultz go in FA and that is the last thing that Pittsburgh wanted to have happen as it would have been a big blow to defensive depth at least. Make no mistake Fleury is still a great goalie. However a NHL team doesn't need 2 great goalies while having to pay them both what they are worth at the same time. Logic dictates that you go with the younger of the two. Fleury was going to have to be moved that offseason no matter what and letting him get picked via the expansion draft was the best case scenario possible for the Pens as it had the least amount of hassle involved.

Posted May 02, 2018 - 10:59 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

A glorified Ron Tugnutt!  Hahaha.  There was a point not too long ago I would have agreed with this.  I remember him costing the Pens playoff games in the 2011 - 2014 range.

This season though... if you factor in both regular season and playoffs he is the best goalie in the league... and it's not close.  Beast might be an understatement.  rainsilent is dead on with why the Pens were in a tough spot and needed to move him.

Speaking of the Pens, not that I like them or anything - and I definitely don't condone what Tom Wilson has been doing, but trading Ryan Reaves was a horrible idea.  You need tough guys in your lineup to protect your players.  Right now Pittsburgh doesn't have anyone to counter the dirty play.

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted May 02, 2018 - 12:09 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

'

:rolleyes:

Posted May 02, 2018 - 04:47 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • 22 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

I remember him costing the Pens playoff games in the 2011 - 2014 range.

While Fleury was a main reason for it the fact is the team in front of him wasn't particularly good at the time. It was making the playoffs only because of the play of the few star players on the team, including Fleury, as the team depth was one of the worst in the NHL at the time. He was just overplaying the puck too much at the time and while it worked in the regular season it wasn't ever going to work in the playoffs. Chicago is at the stage currently where the Pens were at this time. They have gotten to see how the Pens overcame it. Now can Chicago do something similar or will they have to go in the direction of a rebuild? That said their starter got hurt which made Chicago fall farther quicker.

Posted May 05, 2018 - 07:15 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

VGK is up 3-2 on the Sharks and Fleury has played some great games in this series. Certainly all the hallmarks of a glorified player!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users