Posted May 05, 2019 - 09:52 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 554 posts
  • 19 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

This year's Stanley Cup Playoffs have been like NCAA March Madness...any team can win, and upsets happen!

Posted May 05, 2019 - 09:53 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I don't remember a game in recent history where a goalie made that many spectacular saves.  Must have been 6 or 7.

Stop it, Bobrovsky!

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted May 08, 2019 - 11:13 PM

StevieY

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationWashington
Ok, the Conference Finals are set. Eastern Finals is Boston vs. Carolina and the Western Finals will be San Jose vs. St. Louis.

Posted May 09, 2019 - 05:12 AM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 554 posts
  • 19 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

I never thought the Canes would make it this far in 2019.  They are well-rested after sweeping the Isles, but are they rusty?

Boston, San Jose, and St. Louis are primed with zero downtime, but are they tired from going to game 7's?

Posted May 20, 2019 - 10:39 PM

StevieY

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationWashington
Boston is in the Stanley Cup final but who will join them, St. Louis or San Jose?

Posted May 21, 2019 - 11:51 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Boston is in the Stanley Cup final but who will join them, St. Louis or San Jose?

It's looking like St. Louis.  Let's see if the Sharks still have some of that magic left.

Either way, just scored tickets to Game 2!

Posted May 21, 2019 - 07:23 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • 24 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

Nicely done.

I think St. Louis. With the injuries on SJ I think it is going to be really hard for them to beat St. Louis.

Posted May 22, 2019 - 11:47 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 554 posts
  • 19 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

If Binnington can keep up his Rookie of the Year status, I can see St. Louis beating Boston in the Finals.  The series won't be over quickly though, it's probably going to go the full 7 games.

Posted May 23, 2019 - 08:54 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

As stated in another thread, I was a huge Brett Hull fan as a kid.  Being from Boston, I've always loved the Bruins, but for a couple years in the early 90s, I liked St. Louis just as much (Hull, Oates, Joseph, Brown, Butcher, Shanahan, Janney) ... those players are long gone, but I've always wanted to see them win a Cup.  Now they FINALLY make it to the Finals and it has to be against the friggin' Bruins.  I was torn with the Blues-Sharks series since I also feel the same way about Jumbo Joe.

I am obviously rooting for Boston, but at least I won't be totally pissed off if it goes the other way.  I find it hard to believe that the last time they were in the Finals was in 1970.  Bobby Orr scored his famous flying goal, St. Louis skated off the ice and never returned.  That city deserves a Cup.  Just not this year :)

Posted May 24, 2019 - 08:31 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • 24 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

To add to that the Blues have one of the longest streaks of making the playoffs in NHL history. The longest would be Montreal however a questionable event caused them to miss a year thus they didn't make the 69-70 playoffs. As a result, the Bruins have the longest. Statistically, the Blues are one of the best teams in sports history at qualifying for the leagues respective postseasons. Since the team's introduction to the league in 67, the team has missed a total of 9 post seasons. They have made the other 42.

Posted May 25, 2019 - 05:47 PM

Kyle44

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2019
Rep - Helpful

I also want to point out that if the playoffs are continuing with consistency, then the blues sweep the bruins lol.  The isl's, who swept the pens, got swept by the canes, who were swept by the Bruins. Gotta keep the theme going considering that it has been a long time since even 1 team got swept after sweeping a team the series before

Posted May 28, 2019 - 06:39 PM

Kyle44

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

I also want to point out that if the playoffs are continuing with consistency, then the blues sweep the bruins lol.  The isl's, who swept the pens, got swept by the canes, who were swept by the Bruins. Gotta keep the theme going considering that it has been a long time since even 1 team got swept after sweeping a team the series before

How poorly this comment has aged lol

Posted June 05, 2019 - 07:06 PM

Kyle44

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Who do y'all think is going #1? Kaapo or Jack Hughes? 

Personally, I hope NJ chooses Hughes so that the Rangers could have Kakko, because I think Kakko has the higher ceiling and who likes New Jersey anyways hahah

Posted June 06, 2019 - 12:27 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • 24 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

I think Hughes would be better for NJ than Kakko. Hughes would fill in better at #2 than any other Cs in terms of the future and center depth is key. Besides if Hughes fell to the Rangers they would have an overabundance of young promising Cs. That said Hughes would go nicely in NY too. Personally, I don't care one way or another.

Posted June 06, 2019 - 12:47 AM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 554 posts
  • 19 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Personally, I hope NJ chooses Hughes so that the Rangers could have Kakko, because I think Kakko has the higher ceiling and who likes New Jersey anyways hahah

Truer words have never been spoken. :)

I'm from New Jersey, and I can tell you, most New Jerseyans prefer other teams like the Rangers.

I will say this though, the Devils organization has been great with youth hockey in the state.  They started sponsoring the state high school hockey tournament back when I was in school in the late 90's.

Posted June 06, 2019 - 04:15 AM

Kyle44

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Truer words have never been spoken. :)

I'm from New Jersey, and I can tell you, most New Jerseyans prefer other teams like the Rangers.

I will say this though, the Devils organization has been great with youth hockey in the state.  They started sponsoring the state high school hockey tournament back when I was in school in the late 90's.

That is true too with the development of prospects. I'm a rangers and Canucks fan. Since Canucks always get Bettman'ed in the lottery, I gotta pull for the Rag's to get kakko. I think Hughes is gonna be a stud too, but he does seem like a better fit on NJ.

As a rangers fan tho, I am extremely nervous that GM Gordon will pull a Boston and go off the board. He has been slowly turning the rangers into team Russia lol

Also Rain, as much as they have an abundance of centers, chytal has been played more as a winger, while Anderson is slowly looking more like a bust. It is still too early to label either as a bust, but having that extra center stud is not a bad thing either. Especially since one of them could become trade bait and net an nhl caliber blue liner that the rangers desperately need

Posted June 12, 2019 - 10:01 PM

Kyle44

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Big W for the Blues!!!

Posted June 13, 2019 - 11:09 AM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 554 posts
  • 19 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Really good series, I'm glad St. Louis won!

Posted June 13, 2019 - 01:57 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

That was a tough one.  Devastated for my Bs, but happy for St. Louis - both the team and the fans.  Binnington played out of his mind early on and Rask let in two, not easy saves, but very stoppable shots.  That was the difference.  Congrats to the Blues.  Next season can't come soon enough.

Posted June 14, 2019 - 09:02 AM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 554 posts
  • 19 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Next season is Vegas' turn!

OK, maybe not. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic