Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Helpful
Since the GHL in the lightning world is filling up fast Id like to wish everyone luck. I believe that almost every season we may see a new GHL champ. I believe with this much active people in the lightning world and how often we play, we will build some intense rivalries. I even believe that a 6th seed could win it all of they play well at playoff time. Any how Goodluck

PS: Go Nightcats(;

Posted February 06, 2016 - 11:56 AM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • 12 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Same here man, GL to everyone! May not be as experienced as you guys, but let's see if I can put up a challenge :D

PS. Who's the Nightcats...I think you meant GO COUGARS!!! ;P

Posted February 06, 2016 - 03:35 PM

cliffjones33

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: December 2015
Rep - Floater

Deadwood Outlaws would like to say good luck to everyone. Sadly we probably wont be competing in the playoffs this year and hopefully I dont get relegated but like Scorevat said, it looks like a lot of teams are talented and can win it all this year and it will be interesting to see how it all turns out. I look forward to putting up a good fight in a few seasons.

Posted February 06, 2016 - 03:46 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Deadwood Outlaws would like to say good luck to everyone. Sadly we probably wont be competing in the playoffs this year and hopefully I dont get relegated but like Scorevat said, it looks like a lot of teams are talented and can win it all this year and it will be interesting to see how it all turns out. I look forward to putting up a good fight in a few seasons.

Lol you beat me game 1. Im kinda frustrated becausw your goalie stood on his head

Posted February 06, 2016 - 04:05 PM

Victoria Royals

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Floater

Good luck to all you freaks who have time and energy for Lightning speed  

-From all the lazy managers over at Slow speed worlds 

;)

Posted February 06, 2016 - 09:18 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

I'm playing a slow World and a lightning World :P

Just playing here cause the rest of the guys here are very competitive and really like that :D

Posted February 06, 2016 - 09:49 PM

Andrew Baker-Richards

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Floater

Should be a good season, I'm off to a decent start in the bronze league

Proud GM of the Falconbridge Reapers; BHL-Gameworld Mitts

JoP

Posted February 10, 2016 - 04:11 PM

JoP

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Well, I started in BHL so won´t be up there with u guys in lightning GHL and compete for a while,and feel like I have no really hurry getting there at the moment. Play in the GHL in lumber so I get my share of top level-entertaiment there  :)

Actually was my choice since I like playing managementgames that way, like Football manager and so on, taking a team from some lower league. Then try to build up a young squad with some talent, developing them and while they raise their skills it´ll also help my team rise in the league-system.

Problem is in some onlinegames the pace often is sooo slow so it takes like 3 years to get a player from being a 18-19 yo talent to being a 27-28 yo fully developed coreplayer or maybe even a superstar. But now with the Gameplan HM and the lightningworlds it really feels like worth doing. Like 3 months from 18 to 28 yo players, that´s crazy but means building a team should be lots and lots  of fun  ;) 

And the best part of doing it that way, keeping and developing some players from grown to prospects, is I usually feel the team is much more like my own team. If it´s a team that will be competetive in GHL inn 3-4 seasons, that´s another thing... we´ll see  :cool: 

Edit: And forgot to say, but of course, good luck to you all!

Posted February 10, 2016 - 04:28 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Sounds good to us. See you in a few seasons, and when the draft comes hopefully in a couple months, then the team will be entirely yours and not everyone is fighting for a single prospect in Free Agency. Eventually the last place teams will beable to get some really good young talent

JoP

Posted February 10, 2016 - 05:13 PM

JoP

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Yeah, actually made a lot of moves (trades) and actually think I´m slowly starting to build a decent core of talented prospects for my team. Question is if I can make them develop fast enough to actually have 5-10 of them being ready to step in and really contribute if I make the GHL in say 3-4 seasons.

Has some recollection of some thread and some comments from Anders, and some from experienced players, saying booth playing-time and actually playing at the right level (in the right league) being able to  perform well also influences their development positively.

So will be interesting to see, comparing how a few of those OA 70-74 guys I have with decent skills will develop in BHL, compared to my experiense from my GHL team where those guys usually had 3rd-4th line playing time and was rotating a little.

Think it may be possible a few of them takes huge leaps in a season and should anyhow be great fun to see how they turn out in 2-3 seasons ;)

Posted March 11, 2016 - 08:13 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

Decided to manage a team in Mitts, BHL. Miami Lords is my second team now.

GL everyone!

Posted March 11, 2016 - 11:49 AM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Welcome to Mitts and GL to you as well!

Posted March 14, 2016 - 02:52 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

So Mitts is too fast for me, changed to Howitzer with the Miami Lords in LIHL.

Posted March 14, 2016 - 10:04 AM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Well, nice having ya :D

Posted March 14, 2016 - 10:05 AM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Well, we've lost to the defending champs first round....need to regroup and get back on track next season!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users