GamePlanHockey

Current road map

Can let you know that a new release is coming real soon. The release contains the reworked and integrated help files, important bug fixes and a small but exciting new feature. If you love stats you'll love this feature :)

Every bit of more stats and micromanagememt is very well welcome! Nice to know thanks.

Here's a few lines about what we're currently working on. For the next upcoming release we will have two focus areas. First, we will add a few features that will help new users getting familiar with the game and some features to help the marketing of the game. Secondly we will continue to add more micro management features such as any of detailed training schedules, scouting, individual tactics/lineup assignments. 

And we're still planning on introducing league awards, all star game assignments, national teams as soon as possible. We will also try to improve the possibility to communicate with other managers and overall improve the online presence in the game.

For a releases a little further down the road I can reveal that I've begun a rough draft (still on the sketch board) on how to implement player/manager interactions and player relations. And viewable/live games is still a relevant feature for the future.

Nooooo rush with the live game. I've never cared about that feature because it doesn't really add a whole lot to the game itself. Having said that, it does add tons of social cohesion if/when managers flock the chats during live game event, so I'm certainly not against it as long as it doesn't eat all the available resources.

Nooooo rush with the live game. I've never cared about that feature because it doesn't really add a whole lot to the game itself. Having said that, it does add tons of social cohesion if/when managers flock the chats during live game event, so I'm certainly not against it as long as it doesn't eat all the available resources.

It is a single most important thing to do in this game. Live games. To make people finally log to chat during game and comment it as it progress. Becuase, as it is, its dead. And you need activity. 

It is a single most important thing to do in this game. Live games. To make people finally log to chat during game and comment it as it progress. Becuase, as it is, its dead. And you need activity. 

I said "if" on purpose. It may or may not gather managers together. It really depends in which time zone the games happen and so forth. Personally, I missed 95% of games in Hockey Dynasty because their live games were set to align with Canada. Also, managers who don't join the chat now, most likely will not do so in the future either. It's a nice feature, but hardly the most important. It gives a time frame when chat could become busy, but it's not a guarantee.

Hockey Dynasty is spead all around... the point is to have all games at the same time... you can do the sim, Cage for example, at certain time (like 5pm as it is now) and then play all the matches at lets say 9-10pm european time. From my rich online gaming experience, that is best time to get both America and Europe online at the same time (I would say that this game is played 65% EU, 34% US and 1% rest of the world :))

Anyways, I used to play Trophy manager, it is online soccer sim game, that had games 3 times per week, running live at 5pm. It was aweseome thing, after they implemented it, activity and immersion in the game skyrocketed. I would like nothing more here, then to watch my game play by play and comment it with other managers. Cage has solid base for that, I guarantee it would be at least 5+ people online to start with and with more and more coming as game would progress. 

And thats what we need here, desperately, activity!

On 11/10/2019 at 11:26 PM, GamePlanHockey said:

And we're still planning on introducing league awards, all star game assignments, national teams as soon as possible. We will also try to improve the possibility to communicate with other managers and overall improve the online presence in the game.

Hopefully we get National teams soon, i want to see how unbelievably stacked Belarus is!

*Edit: Grammar

I hate repeating myself, but looking through Cage, definitely less than half the teams have managers.  This is down significantly from about six months ago.  GHL is only level where close to half of managers are human!  

I honestly think if you want to grow this game in NA (a big if, perhaps), you need to do a NHL style league.  No promotions or demotions and more stable rosters.  Case in point, everyone wants to be in GHL for a reason because it is the top.  If you only have one league, then more people will stay.  And clearly the need for 168 teams per world was a slight over estimate.  Having a solid and active league of 30-40 managers would make it more fun for everyone.  

Maybe there isn't a business case for this, fair point, but to be honest, I'd seriously be questioning the current business model based on subscription levels based on Cage.  

I'm not trying to be a dick, I love GPHM, even if it is in my nightmares and seems to hate me, but the reality of what it would be and is aren't coming together.  

How full are the A and B worlds?