GamePlanHockey

Current road map

How are we going with the tactics updates we had a discussion about maybe three months ago (could be more can't remember)?

The basic idea was that you could set a different offense and defense strategy to every line in your team (one could be crash the net, one could be dumb and chase etc.) since at the moment you being able to only set 1 tactic for your entire team is quite limiting in terms of team diversity. Personally I'd like to see this type of improvements made first, instead of adding new features (such as draft) to the game. Of course I have nothing against draft and I actually like the way it is getting shaped into. But would just like to have more control over my team. (We also talked about individual player tactics but that's way down the road I know.)

I'm very excited for the draft and farm teams.

This game is becoming the best Gm game ever made :)

Thanks for all your hard work

Couldn't agree more!

Just curious if there is any news on the coming updates?

Thanks!

I've had a very limited time developing the game lately. A small update v1.0.2 is coming soon though with some performance fixes. After that I will begin developing draft feature.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately!

I'm about half way done with the upcoming release. I've just finished the creation of junior leagues and players. Players will now enter the game at age 15 and play three years in the junior leagues before being drafted. Junior leagues will be available in multiple countries. I've also finished an extension of the Team spirit impact to the game. The previous Team morale are now replaced with Team confidence, Teamwork and Winner instinct. In addition to this there have been a couple of changes to player traits. The traits Potential and Greed will now be hidden values and one new trait; Ego will be available. This new trait will play an important role when putting the perfect team together.

Next I will focus on the draft itself and player rights restrictions for players being drafted but not signed.

Thanks for the update, sounds great! Seems like quite a few changes are coming our way. I'm sure you'll explain them more as they get released.

GL with the draft! Have you decided how our Minor Leagues will work(there was quite a bit of discussion on this topic, but no definitive posts from you)?

Btw, if potential is hidden, how will we sorta know what potential a player has....just training/playing them for a season or two and making an educated guess? Or will there be other factors that'll sort of hint at the potential instead of just telling us straightup like it does now?

The potential may be guessed by looking at the player reputation and previous progress of the player ratings. It won't tell you straight up. Just like in real life you'll have make educated guess and hope for the best :-)

Nothing is yet decided about the minor leagues since they won't be included in the upcoming release. But I'm leaning towards creating a separate minor league where teams are only computer controlled.

So in the draft, we'll be taking a huge risk with the rookies, since they haven't got that history? Or I guess its fine since they're coming into the game as 15yo now....we just gotta scout those Leagues beforehand...will we get like a list of the prospects available to be drafted the upcoming season beforehand so we can check them out ourselves and plan?

And kk, so for now...whoever we draft will stay on our team.

Sorry for the repeated questions, no rush...answer them whenever you've got time(I'm sure all questions will be answered when you explain the features before release anyways)...I've got exams right now, so should probably be focusing on that anyways ;P

Yes, the players will enter at age 15 so history will be available. At least after a couple of season after the feature release. When first released this feature will add both 15,16 and 17 year olds at the same time. So the first draft will therefor have limited history.

Before each draft a list of prospect rankings will be released (very much like the NHL Draft Prospect Rankings list). The list will be released in three versions; Initial (beginning of season), Midterm (Mid season) and Final (at the end of the season). Your assistant manager will also recommend prospects depending on your set transfer needs.

That sounds really promising! Hiding the potential of the player is something we've actually discussed with a few friends and I'm glad to see you're taking the game to the same direction as we were hoping for. And the way you've going to go with the draft sounds just good! How are the picks going to be decided regarding relegated and promoted teams, will they draft in their old or new league, and in which spot?

Just another thing as well. Something needs to be done about trading with bot teams tbh, won't it be really easy to get picks from them for low-end players?

Just a little input on jusatin's question, won't it make sense for them to draft with their old Leagues since they finished the season with them(so their draft order will be decided by how they finished right). Maybe have the teams actually relegated/promoted AFTER the draft to eliminate that confusion?

The UAT environment has now gotten a pre-release of the upcoming version. Note that the draft itself is still to be developed.

Please check the UAT topic for more info.

Just curious, when the draft system is implemented are we still going to have the silly season period? This coming offseason will be my first crack at it and I love the idea of signing players playing in other leagues (like the NHL signing players from Europe). I'd be sad if the feature were to leave, as it adds another level of realism that this game captures so well. Anways keep up the great work, and I'm stoked for the next update!
ncik

Just curious, when the draft system is implemented are we still going to have the silly season period? This coming offseason will be my first crack at it and I love the idea of signing players playing in other leagues (like the NHL signing players from Europe). I'd be sad if the feature were to leave, as it adds another level of realism that this game captures so well. Anways keep up the great work, and I'm stoked for the next update!

ncik

What if we could use the other leagues as a place that players to be in the next draft enter the game considering all the prospects drafted come from amateur (USA + Canada) or professional leagues (overseas). We have the other leagues in the US and Canada that can serve as the NCAA or other leagues run in this basis. Also it gives the class more depth as it will show how their skills translate with statistical evidence behind their player

The silly season will still be there after the update. You won't be obligated to sign the drafted players right away if you don't want to. You'll keep the player rights while he might sign for a team in Europe or similar.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now