GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 921 posts
  • 113 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Excellent
  • LocationSweden

Can we have an update on this? Or what are you working on?

Of course. Sorry. The first post in this topic is now updated.

Posted December 15, 2016 - 12:42 AM

CrimsonLumberjacks

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Good

I'm curious about the team affiliations, could you please go a little bit more in depth about the ideas you are throwing around in your head?

Will we essentially be managing two teams? If so, would we get some extra cap in each league to deal with filling the affiliation rosters? And who can play on the affiliation team? Just prospects? Or can we sign other players? And how do you think promotion for affiliation teams would work? Would it mirror the main team? Or could they battle it out and win their own promotions, it'd be interesting to see how affiliates of different divisions would match up against each other. I would imagine a GHL affiliation team would always dominate over an LIHL affiliation team, but affiliation teams of adjacent divisions could probably have some even teams.

Or else would the affiliation teams be computer controlled? And perhaps affiliation teams could be made of a mixture of a few different teams prospects and they play games against each other.

Anyways, I'm probably just rambling on now, but I'm really curious how you see things playing out in the future.

Posted December 15, 2016 - 03:33 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 921 posts
  • 113 thanks
Excellent
  • LocationSweden

Here's my first draft:

Affiliation teams will be part of the already existing leagues AAHL and AAHL2 (American Affiliation Hockey Leagues) and will be controlled by the computer. All teams (GHL,SHL,BHL,IHL,LIHL) will be offered to create an affiliate team at AAHL2 level. SHL and GHL teams will also be offered to create an additional affiliate at AAHL level. Even though the affiliation teams will be computer controlled they will use the same tactics as your own team. This way assigned players will train and develop their skills according to your preferences.

All players contracted by your team with two-way contracts can be assigned to the affiliation teams, regardless of age. Salaries of players assigned to affiliation teams will also be lowered against your cap allowing you to sign more players to your roster.

Posted December 16, 2016 - 06:47 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 196 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Excellent
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

I hope the AI AAHL teams keep the players training on hard? Since that's not the case with European leagues now I guess, since the players develop so slow over there compared to our own teams.

Posted January 10, 2017 - 02:50 PM

AxemenOfPrinceRupert

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Neutral

i have a few things you might want to add

Watching a teams game: What if you want to see how well your tea is performing so you know how well there doing defencevly like lets say you lose 10-0 is it your goalie being a Siv? or is it your defence playing horrible... you wouldn'y know.

2. Scouts scouts could tell you who you need whos the best prospect all that.

I Hope you take this into consideration Thanks!

Posted January 10, 2017 - 09:50 PM

IneffableLeafs

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Good
  • LocationCanada

@NorthShoreMavericks

Just letting you know, if you have a suggestion you should post it in a separate thread in the 'Suggestions' subforum.

As for your suggestions, if you lose 10-0 you can look at your goalie's save percentage and your defenders performance rating under the player 'form' section for the respective players you think played poorly. 

At the beginning of the season your scouts will recommend you 3 prospects to shortlist. You will receive a message that will say:

Your assistant informs you that the initial prospect rankings for the upcoming season x youth draft now have been released. The top ranked prospect is currently defender/forward/goaltender (insert name here).

He thinks that the following prospects would be a good fit for our team and worth taking a closer look at: forward John Doe (ranked 1st) goalie Roberto Luongo (ranked 2nd) defender Duncan Keith (ranked 3rd).

However, I usually don't take these prospects into consideration, and I believe these prospects are chosen based on your transfer needs.

You are your own scout in this game!  :) 

Look through the prospect rankings and see if you can draft a future star. Scouting yourself brings much more satisfaction when your drafted player makes your team, believe me. 

Hope I helped!

@Anders

I'm just wondering because I'm at SHL level, how would you choose which affiliation team your players would go to (AAHL or AAHL2)?

And also if there will be stats for the affiliate teams. I know the players always play and put up points in foreign leagues but I'm wondering if you will be able to see a team's:

SEASON LEAGUE POS GP W OTW OTL L PTS GF GA SOW SOL PP% PK% HW HOTW HOTL HL

I'm dying to create an affiliate team. It would certainly help with your bottom 6 forwards/top 6 defenders/fringe goalies though, as they could be easily called up or down and everyone would get playing time.

Posted January 14, 2017 - 02:44 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 921 posts
  • 113 thanks
Excellent
  • LocationSweden

i have a few things you might want to add

Watching a teams game: What if you want to see how well your tea is performing so you know how well there doing defencevly like lets say you lose 10-0 is it your goalie being a Siv? or is it your defence playing horrible... you wouldn'y know.

In the next update (v1.1.9) your assistant will give you much more detailed reports after each game. This way you can tell what each and every player on did well or not so well.

And also if there will be stats for the affiliate teams. I know the players always play and put up points in foreign leagues but I'm wondering if you will be able to see a team's:

SEASON LEAGUE POS GP W OTW OTL L PTS GF GA SOW SOL PP% PK% HW HOTW HOTL HL

In the first version of the affiliate teams you will only be able to track your player's stats.

And as an SHL (or GHL) team you will be able to choose to send your player either to AAHL or AAHL2.

Posted January 15, 2017 - 06:19 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Excellent
  • LocationCzech Republic

I have a question regarding the affiliate teams - obviously you want to send there all scratched players that are under two-way contract. Can you call players from the affiliate on emergency basis in case of injury? Can this be done automatically? Because now, if you cannot login for some time, the injured players are replaced by scratched players (although it is not usually the best fit, but at least something), but with affiliate I would try to make no scratched players, so they can train more.

The rest of the affiliate team roster will be filled with randomly signed players you cannot call to your team? Or you can call them if you have the salary cap free?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users