Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1257 posts
  • 138 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

# Manager absence

If a manager is absent from game play he or she will eventually lose control of the team. How long the manager may be absent depends of the current simulation speed. See below.

## Manager put on holiday
First the manager will be put on holiday. That means that the assistant manager (computer) will take control of the team. The assistant manager will act in benefit of the team and replace injured or tired players in line up. But he may also make trades, sign free agents and release players if he think it will benefit the team. Once the manager logs back in the holiday will end and the human manager is once again in control.

**Days until manager is put on holiday**

• Simulation speed *Slow*: 12 days
  • Simulation speed *Normal*: 6 days
  • Simulation speed *Fast*: 3 days
  • Simulation speed *Lightning*: 3 day 

## Manager fired!
If a manager won’t return from his holiday in a certain period of time the manager will eventually get fired and released from the team. That means that the team is now available for sign up for new managers entering the game. 

The manager is then unemployed and may choose a new team and game world the next time he or she logs in. The manager reputation and stats are of course kept.

This is the only way a manager may get fired at the moment.

**Days until manager is fired after being put on holiday**

• Simulation speed *Slow*: 36 days
  • Simulation speed *Normal*: 18 days
  • Simulation speed *Fast*: 9 days
  • Simulation speed *Lightning*: 6 days

Posted December 14, 2015 - 03:37 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCzech Republic

I have to say, the computer moves on UAT killed my team. It would probably would be the same with the injuries, but I did not liked the signings at all. 1 day before holiday for UAT is probably too soon. I think 2 or 3 days is better. The same for fast - only 2 days. Imagine someone is going for weekend trip and after returning there will be ~half day of computer changes the manager does not approve. Loosing because of no reaction to injury is one thing. Signing players that does not fit your plan, or releasing natural talent you want to develop... very demotivating.

Posted December 14, 2015 - 03:54 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1257 posts
  • 138 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

I understand what you mean. I probably need to adjust the time limits. It's hard to find a decent limit for the high speed worlds. 3 days in the lightning world is equal to 24 games. That's quite long time to be absent. But 3 days in the real world isn't much.

What about these new suggestions:

Holiday

• Simulation speed *Normal*: 8 days
  • Simulation speed *Lightning*: 3 days (UAT only)

Fired

• Simulation speed *Lightning*: 6 days (UAT only)

Posted December 15, 2015 - 05:42 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCzech Republic

Yeah, that looks better. What could be also good is addition of making lineup for each game separately (basically have 2 or 3 saved and click which should be used in which game) - that can solve the issues in lightning and fast speeds - in those if you are not logged in at least 3 times a day, you cannot react to injuries (but the automatic replacement is usually ok) and more important to when your players are back healthy (for example once I had my top line injured, you want those players back in lineup asap - but if your are not online, you cannot do it and automatically it is done only after someone else is injured - if you have previously saved lineup, it will force all healthy players in the lineup on their spot).

Posted February 18, 2016 - 07:19 AM

EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
Anyone have any dealings with cou managed team? I made a trade offer two days ago to a team only to later find out they were on holiday. Is err usually a timeline in which the cou makes a decision?

Posted February 18, 2016 - 09:11 AM

bwgrim

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2015
Rep - Helpful
They'll respond. The less likely they are to respond, the longer it takes it seems.

Posted February 18, 2016 - 01:31 PM

EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
So, it sounds like the longer the cpu takes to respond, the less likely the offer will be accepted?

Posted February 18, 2016 - 01:41 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Tbh, I haven't had that happen. When you're offering the trade, you've already got a sense of if they like the trade or not. And if they don't want to trade, they'll usually just reject the trade in a few days at most, instead of leaving you hanging.

Posted February 18, 2016 - 07:58 PM

EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
I current have a trade that has been there three days and another two days. I'm not terribly concerned about the outcome but am just trying to gain my bearings on what to expect. With a human, the expectation is never there considering one may never respond and some just say rejected and leave...with a cpu its calculations...ouy!

Posted February 18, 2016 - 07:59 PM

EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
P.S. I hate auto correct sometimes

Posted March 22, 2016 - 02:40 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Btw, what's the point of "User on Holiday" teams being able to trade? Why not just cut them off from trading till their GM comes back?

Posted March 22, 2016 - 02:42 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable

I understand what you mean. I probably need to adjust the time limits. It's hard to find a decent limit for the high speed worlds. 3 days in the lightning world is equal to 24 games. That's quite long time to be absent. But 3 days in the real world isn't much.

What about these new suggestions:

Holiday

• Simulation speed *Normal*: 8 days
  • Simulation speed *Lightning*: 3 days (UAT only)

Fired

• Simulation speed *Lightning*: 6 days (UAT only)

Was this implemented or are the old times still in play?

Posted March 23, 2016 - 02:00 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1257 posts
  • 138 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Yes, the new limits was implemented a while back. I'll update this help files topic. Thanks for the heads up.

You're probably right, maybe you shouldn't be able to trade with teams with a manager on holiday. The main reason was to avoid non responsive teams when it comes to trading. But I'll give this some further thought.

Posted March 23, 2016 - 07:14 AM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable

GMS's team got put on holiday in Mitts a little while ago. One GM traded for pretty much his whole team(he had a pretty solid team, was only near the bottom of Standings since he didn't check his team for some time and had some really bad auto-signings)...which is obviously allowed, but just feels really weird. Honestly just doesn't make sense. If I've built a team, I don't want it to be ruined just because I need a few days off...its a game right :)

Posted October 25, 2017 - 10:57 PM

Patch101

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: October 2017
Rep - Floater
  • LocationCanada

This is damn annoying. I don't know if this happened when I had a buy to the next league (thus a bunch of useless not worth logging in time) or when I went away for 3 days to the USA, and had no cell service in that time. 

How do I get myself out of this stupid Holiday mode, I've set my lines twice only to have them all screwed around. 
It still says "User on Holiday" in Team info

Posted October 25, 2017 - 11:02 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

It should automatically come off of holiday mode once you sign back in. 

Posted October 25, 2017 - 11:37 PM

Patch101

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: October 2017
Rep - Floater
  • LocationCanada

It hasn't 

Says User on Holidays under team info