GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1336 posts
  • 147 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden
For all of you currently playing in Game World Clapper please take the time to introduce yourselves. What team are you managing and what league are you playing in?

Posted October 05, 2015 - 05:03 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1336 posts
  • 147 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden
I'm actually playing the game myself. I'm managing the Wintersville Lancers in the GHL. Can't say that I'm spending to much time on my team whilst developing the game, but are doing quite ok. But have had quite bad playoff performances over the seasons which I'll need to improve :-)

Posted October 05, 2015 - 05:40 AM

Royalty

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • 25 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Hi all, i'm Roy. Living in the Netherlands and managing the team Rewey Rhino Chuckers.

We were lucky to start in the GHL. Won the playoffs in season 1 and since then the team has been playing in the top.

I'm playing the game since it's early prototype status. 

Posted October 09, 2015 - 11:52 AM

Tutankhamen

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Hi all, i'm Peter. Living in the Netherlands and managing the team Tye Legions.

We were lucky to start in the GHL. Won the playoffs in season 2 and 3 against my brother Roy (Rhino Chuckers) and Anders (Lancers).

I'm playing the game since it's early prototype status. 

Posted October 09, 2015 - 12:21 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1336 posts
  • 147 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Great to see you here Peter and congratulations on the World Class reputation! Have to admit I didn't have a chance in the finals last season, but at least I won one game =)

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted October 09, 2015 - 01:04 PM

Tutankhamen

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Yeah, decided to start using my forum account since the last update :)

Didn't expect to win this season tbh, but Gehl put up some big MVP numbers ;)

Posted October 20, 2015 - 12:15 PM

Daen00

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2015
Rep - Floater
  • LocationMadriz (Spain)

Hi, Dan from Spain here, GM of the Kaukauna Black Flag (GHL). Rough times for us now.

Posted November 12, 2015 - 10:17 AM

Csizi96

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Floater

Hi! I'm Máté frm Hungary, manager of the Mountain Lakes Fighting Camels, trying to help this little team from the sand to the top :D Played in prototype too, then started here in the BHL then got to the GHL in 2 seasons, now fighting for staying in the top league and carry on my job. Good luck everyone :D

Posted May 27, 2017 - 03:11 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable

Hi...Baden Macleod from Nova Scotia Canada here.... Stumbled on this site and joined....having fun so far with North SydneySkyline

Posted May 28, 2017 - 08:46 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 383 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Welcome, Baden, my bet is you'll continue to have fun with GPHM. :)

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted May 29, 2017 - 12:18 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
@ Baden: what world and league are you in?

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted May 30, 2017 - 10:14 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

@ EXXEO Gameworld clapper  IHL  I took over Bodmin Civic changed the name to North Sydney Skyline Having a lot of fun with this! I'm hoping to be able to bring my team to the GHL for now tho I'm happy to learn the ins and outs and not get relegated  :cool: 

Posted June 09, 2017 - 10:24 AM

TheWeekKnights

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2016
Rep - Reliable

Hey all!  I'm not exactly new, but I never did introduce myself.  I'm Mike Ciccone from Columbus, Ohio, and I'm managing the Colome Knights.  I did a lot of looking for a hockey management game before stumbling upon this one, and I can say I'm glad I found it.  I recommended it to a few people, including my brother (with the Reliance Renegades), and we've both been playing for about a year.  

So far, I took a franchise that was a perennial bottom-feeder in the LIHL to the GHL for the first time this season.  Hopefully I'll earn a shot at the championship in a couple seasons.  

Thanks, and best of luck to everyone!  

Posted June 09, 2017 - 10:16 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 383 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Welcome, officially, Mike!

I agree, there are not many options for hockey management sims out there, but GPHM is tops on my list!

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted June 10, 2017 - 03:36 PM

Smashvilles4Realz

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Hi Mike! Good to meet you and congrats on the great job with your team. My name is Rodj and i've been playing this game for about 4 months or so, having recently added a new team in Lumber. I had to find something to fill the void when my previous hockey sim drug-of-choice Good Hockey became an unplayable bag of poo. But i'm glad i found my way over here and hearing how you have been able to rise thru the ranks gives me hope lol. Best of luck!

Posted June 19, 2017 - 11:51 AM

Renegades

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2016
Rep - Helpful

Hey everyone! I'm Luke Ciccone and I've been the manager of the Reliance Renegades for over a year now. I guess that means I'm not exactly new, but I figured I might as well introduce myself. Some of you may already know me as I'm rather active with trading and messaging other managers in Clapper. I'm also Mike's brother, who is the manager of the Colome Knights. He got me into the game and I'd like to think I'm already a better manager than him. Haha, maybe not but it's nice to have someone to bounce trade ideas off of.

When I joined, I was randomly placed on a BHL team when the regular season had already ended. My team had finished last place and was going to be relegated. I lost essentially everyone due to 1-way contracts and I had quite a bit of cap space locked from the previous manager releasing players with years still left on their contracts. I started completely fresh from the IHL where I finished first place in my very first season. I've worked my way up into the upper half of the SHL now where I was close to promotion into the GHL last season through the playoffs, but lost in the third game of the series. This season has been all about building up a strong young team for the next season. I'll likely be in the playoffs again this season but I'm not expecting promotion in the slightest.

I didn't really mean to give my whole 11 season summary, but I really love the game and am always excited to get to talk about it. I wish everyone success in their future seasons. Thanks!

Posted June 24, 2017 - 06:49 PM

flowbish1

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2017
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationK'ek part au Québec.

Hi!

I've used to play EHM but i was looking for something online, and i must say whoever is behind this game deserves to be appraised!

So, i've been the manager of the Boykin Goldmines for the past 3 weeks or so, and it has been a blast. My team was 9-0-0-6 when i took control, and i wanted it to stay that way. Now, heading in the playoffs, i'm 36-3-1-20 and had a wonderful second half of the year. I think i'm ready for the draft, the part i've looking up to the most, and if i stay in IIHL next year, i think i'll have a very strong team.

Cheers!

Fred

Fred Longpre

Riversdale Heroes BHL Clapper

Posted June 24, 2017 - 06:57 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Hi Flowbish1 I'm new hear as well I'm having fun hear as well I'm running North Sydney Skyline in the IHL . Welcome and have fun

Posted June 26, 2017 - 07:08 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
It's so nice to see some fresh, active members here!

Posted July 15, 2017 - 07:29 AM

Matt Krumm

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: July 2017
Rep - Floater

Hey! I am also new and currently manager of the Collvilletown Legends. I do have some questions though :-)

1. When do players usually start to sign new contracts with my team? I know that it's only possible to resign players during their last year of contract but everytime I try so resign a player I usually get the message "I am happy with my current contract". 

2. What exactly does PC (promotion contract) mean? Do these players automatically get an additional year of contract as soon as the team gets promoted or do they just get an adjusted salary depending on the league the team is playing?

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users