Photo

Northway Fireballs - My Story (UPDATING 24/7)

• Please log in to reply

Posted April 02, 2015 - 10:10 PM

Eric

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Helpful

Hello all! I am the manager of the Northway Fireballs in Game World Foxtrot and this is my story.

*Will Updated Every 5 Games*

Games Played: 168

Current Manager Record: 120-3-6-39

Seasons Played: 3 SEASONS

devil-4.png

It's been around 2-3 weeks since I've been playing Game Plan Hockey, and let me tell you, it's one hell of a manager game. Stats, details, no random results, and more stats. It looked real interesting for me so I signed up. Obviously everyone wants to be the best team as that is the objective of the game. So of course I tried to get the best team Available. That is when I chose the Northway Fireballs, #2 overall, in Game World Foxtrot. I started in the BHL, little with no experience. But that's when it all changed...

Ever since that sign up, I've been going on checking every 3 hours if I won or lost. I kept winning, this is what motivated me to change lines around, look for more players in the transfers list, and check stats. Season 1 was great for me. I ended up 46-1-0-13 which then was promoted to the SHL. 

In the SHL, I started not so great. but at the last 20 games I started motivating my players and changing lines around and we started winning! We earned 6th place with 32-3-2-22 making the playoffs but getting knocked out. So we stuck around for another season in the SHL.

3rd season (current) is going fantastic! #1 overall best goals for, best goals against, best penalty kill, best everything but the powerplay, currently 5th in the league on the pp. But we've been scoring finally on the pp so that looks like its not a problem because I ended up putting 4 fowards and 1 defencemen and it worked out well for me. i am 48-0-0-4 and counting. It looks like i'm going to the GHL, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. Lets worry about where we are at now.

fd916c0d0b5eb5b76bdaac9a351a419e.png

af95d01b14daf66fe3b7870e5d7caf55.png

f333bcdd0c6a56feb3849f31b76b5651.png

7767791b33a729527cc43b1404711ea5.png

9bb5c272048505e49911bdf99d6c1e04.png

922077a8f7d9b9bb24ac898e4d414931.png

yossi puma the 6'8" Goalie is amazing. He has a sparkling 1.55 gaa, 15 shutouts, and .932% with 42 games played.

6e1888535aa45b31b0c5c527fef9f10c.png

3963b7ab005315f13226208894784527.png

If you would like to know more about my team, let me know below!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted April 03, 2015 - 02:34 PM

Eric

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Hey everyone, I have been winning. No losses from my last post.

I am now 52-1-0-4 #1 in the SHL (large margin)

3 Games left till GHL baby!

Powerplay is finally #2 overall.

Also I have a question. When i get promoted to the GHL do i have like $3750000 free space because in the GHL i seen max is 50,000,000 and SHL is 12,500,000 so i subtract that.

If that is true, I will get good defencemen because defence wins championships and thats what im looking to do. 

I will start by getting very good defencemens, then a good goalie, then work with the fowards.

Posted April 03, 2015 - 04:08 PM

Ali Garch

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Floater

Don't forget about salary raise on promotion clause. if I'm not mistaken, salary of ten your players will grow 3 times and it will take some part from 37.5 million. You probably even should release your highly paid players with a salary raise on promotion clause because their salary will become higher than the salary free agents same overall.

Posted April 03, 2015 - 04:48 PM

Eric

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Thanks Ali! I will remember that! Any ideas what you'll be doing?

Posted April 04, 2015 - 10:50 AM

Bob Zee

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationUnited States

Congrats, it looks like a very good team.  Any tips on your success?  What have you done to setup your lines or align your strategy to match your players?  What's the key to looking for good role players on the Transfer page?

Some teams just seem to be blessed with good players and win no matter what they do, other teams struggle to get wins no matter what they do.   :confused:

Posted April 04, 2015 - 11:47 AM

Eric

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Thanks Bob! Well, some tips that I can give you is look at all your players weakness and strengths are, then determine what offensive tactic they are good at. So example, if you have fast players on your team, go with dump and chase, etc. Also another thing that helped me, i ended up with the #1 powerplay by the end of the season. In the beginning of the season i was around #10 on the powerplay. What made me #1 on the powerplay was i chose Umbrella powerplay, put 4 fowards with great shots on the powerplay and 1 defender with good shot and good defence just incase for the SHG. This rose my Powerplay by a huge portion.

Another tip would be always check if your players are Tired, if they are, go to training and put the tired players on easy (look for endurance).

i look for players that can fit the play style. i use dump and chase, so i look for players with good skating so they can get to the puck after they have dumped it in their zone and we gain possession and we score.

They key to looking for good role players on the transfer page in my opinion would depend what line you need the player on. So lets say your first line is having trouble scoring. Look for a playmaker with good passing. after that look for snipers that have a tendency to score alot by checking their stats from last season and so forth or by looking at their shooting rating. This will make the playmaker pass to the shooter in order to score. So basically look for players that fit your lines depending on what line it is: Scoring, Checking, Energy.

For a scoring line, you should usually look for 1 playmaker and 2 snipers or whatever works for you. A TwoWay line, find 2 twoway forwards, and 1 playmaker or sniper. Checking line you should look for 2 powerfowards and a twoway foward just so you can get some depth in scoring on that 3rd line with that twoway. And last, for the energy line, look for grinders an 1 twoway.

This really helped me on my success of winning and I usually look at other good teams roster. I look at their size and player role.

I forgot to mention, Always look at the players performance on the players stats to determine if you should move them of the line or to just release them and get another player who can fit that line.

Hope this helps, and if you have any other questions or if i didnt answer something you wanted me to answer, please let me know as ill try to help you out on having success with your team.

PS: What team are you and what gameworld and league?

Posted April 04, 2015 - 02:06 PM

Bob Zee

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationUnited States

Yes, those all seem like very good tips.  I've picked up some very good role players, trying to fit them with a similar strategy as you have outlined.  The key seems to be finding players for your specific lines, but I've had a hard time finding any two-way forwards, and left handed defenders.   :)

I agree with your training observation, I've put my 3rd and 4th lines on Hard training levels, and they still don't seem to get tired.

I'm trying to build a physical team, but have too many very small players.  I'm slowly replacing them, with more cost effective guys that are bigger and more physical.  My powerplay struggles, but I haven't tried the Umbrella tactic yet.

I'm GM of the Antonito Revolution in the Echo World, we're currently 8th place in the Bronze league.  Safe from relegation, but not good enough to advance.

Posted April 04, 2015 - 03:07 PM

Eric

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Yea look for players bigger than 6'0" with good physical rating. Your going to ovbiously need to have a very good Penalty kill team if your going to play hard.

I'm pretty sure handiness doesn't matter as of now because it doesn't effect anything. Anders said he will implement in the future so keep in mind.

Good luck with your team and let me know how you do in season 9 :)

Posted April 06, 2015 - 09:58 PM

Eric

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Hey everyone. So suprisingly im doing good so far in the GHL. I wasn't expecting to get off to a good start. Im not expecting to be top 10. Im looking to work with my team this season because i got new players, so im moving lines around and trying new things. Our defence looks like they are winning games for us. This is what exactly what I want. Defence first.

Our new goalie has be spectacular. 

Ill be doing screenshots in the next posts.

I am currently #4 in the GHL with 4-1-0-1

Posted May 17, 2017 - 08:24 PM

Eric

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Hey everyone, its been 2 years! But I am back and gonna continue with a new team with the same name Northway Fireballs. I will keep everyone posted on what happens with some teams.

Glad to be back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users