Sign in to follow this  
NOppenheimer

The Super Baseball League [OOTP]

NOTE: This is also posted here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-dynasty-reports/252200-super-baseball-league.html

This morning I really worked on making a fictional league for the first time. My league is (mostly) completed, and it is called the Super Baseball League. I started it in 2002 and simmed the first three seasons to create a bit of history.

I have no minors, other than that it is standard MLB settings. I haven't been able to get all the uniforms loaded, so for now I have FaceGens turned off.

Here are the SBL teams w/ 2002 standings: Rw4u2kl.png?1

And the history: 491XU0F.png

Finances: 1FhuqiT.png

Saint Louis has one good team. They have made the Golden Bowl (championship) all three seasons, and are basically like the Yankees so far, as they have the best hitter in the league and the two best pitchers, two of which came from free agency.

I have a quickstart, but I'm not sure how to post it.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

WWPF--Rams (2017 NFC West Champs)

CBL--Vallejo Admirals (2016 and 2017 BACK 2 BACK CBL Premier Cup CHAMPIONS)

Okay, I am taking over as the GM of the Seattle Emeralds. The Emeralds reached the playoffs in the 2000 season with a 93-69 record, but have not been back since then. In fact, records of 58-104 and 57-105 have landed them 15th and 16th place finishes, respectively. The attendance has almost been cut in half from the first season, ad ownership lost upwards of 10 million dollars last season.

EilheHc.png

3B Pedro Dixon had a nice season, but he is 38 years old and will become a free agent. Wants a 4-year deal, so no way is he coming back. I made offers to a few other FAs, but we are left with like 10 ML players and a ton of spending room. Should be fun.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

I let one player walk in arbitration, and offered arb to Dixon.

I am going to try to turn around the boat as soon as possible, so I shipped my 26-year-old 1B to Chattanooga for a 31-year-old who hit around .300 last year.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

Well, Dixon took the 14 mil I guess. Sucks but at least it's not a total overpay.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

Well, Dixon took the 14 mil I guess. Sucks but at least it's not a total overpay.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

One month in....

And it's not too bad. 14-14, good for 8th place.
XCJziZF.png?1

Also, I have switched injuries to very low.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

It's draft day in the SBL, and we in 5th place at 33-27. (Top four teas make the playoffs.)
89zNY4I.png?1

I had the #1 pick in the draft from last year, which I used on Pat Moore, a CF from High School who has crazy hitting potential, despite average-at-best defense.
ysWJWjk.png

We lost our 2nd round pick due to free agency, but with our 3rd round selection, I picked a speedy, defense-first shortstop out of college game Louis Gibbs.
C2H8RYw.png

Some observations from the standings (see above):
-It's still early, but right now St. Louis sits outside of the playoff picture. The end of a dynasty?
-San Francisco, the other really, really, really bad team last year, has climbed in the standings as well, but only to 11th.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

Three weeks from the deadline, I made my one and only trade of the season. We are 49-38, tied for the last playoff spot, and 3 games back of Columbus, the SBL Leader. The trade gave our rotation a big upgrade, as we got SP Rich Baughman for a catcher hitting .211, a decent pitching spec, a worthless 37-year old MR, and a 5th round pick (also worthless).
Baughman: PyCLZ35.png

He does have a high ERA, but I think that is due to Boston's 14th ranked defense, so hopefully he'll shine with the league's #2 defense behind him.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

One month left, and we have fallen apart. 5 games out of the playoffs.
dFi5DAk.png

GLF--Nebraska Knights

There's two series left, we're two games out of the playoffs.
waUPI8f.png?1

Saint Louis is looking to capture their first regular season title, although historically it is bad luck, as all champions have come from the 2 or 3 slot.

Columbus has clinched a 3rd straight playoff appearance.

OkC is a win game away from reaching the playoffs for the first time, despite a winning record every season.

Chattanooga is trying to extend their playoff appearance streak to three years, including a regular season title in 2001.

Seattle looks to get back to the playoffs for the first time sine the SBL's first season in 2000.

Billings will need to erase a big hole to keep from a two year playoff drought; however they have locked up their fourth straight winning season.

And Dallas will need a miracle to get to the playoffs for the first time since their Golden Bowl appearance in 2000.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

Missed the playoffs by two games. Still, a 31win improvement isn't too bad. :)
5hnSh06.png?1

That means the Clippers have the tough task of taking on StL in the opening round, while the Catfish and Lobos will fight it out as well. I think the Angles will take it this year.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

So both the Angles and Catfish took care off business, knocking off their first round opponents 4-1 and 4-2, respectively, setting up for the most epic battle of the Titans the SBL has ever seen. Saint Louis is a dynasty; as it is now four years that they have reached the Golden Bowl. However, to just go 2-2 in Golden Bowl appearances would be a massive disappointment. Columbus stretched their payroll this year, and has fielded their best team ever.

lbazzXy.png
IzFGNNf.png

Some other notes:
-The Angles are averaging 99.5 wins over the last two seasons.
-No team reached 100 wins this year, which is very unusual for the SBL.
-This is, I believe,  the first ever 1-2 matchup in history.

So will, the Angles keep up their reign of dominance, or will Columbus capture their first SBL Crown? Got any predictions?

GLF--Nebraska Knights

So, I am going to expand the world somehow. I am considering either creating an eight team independent league and merging it with the SBL in a few years, or adding three or four minor leagues to the game. If I went with the second option, I'd look to put teams in some of the major markets without ones (new York, Philly, Los Angeles, etc.), but that might take some of the charm away from the league. Option two would mean I'd add two  AAA leagues, two AA leagues and three A leagues. So that's a lot of work, since I want every team to have a logo and whatnot. I don't like the idea of one league at each level, since that's extremely unrealistic.

Thoughts?

-----------------------------------------

I wish I had time to build huge world like this:

Major League

Super Baseball League (SBL)--USA--16 teams

Class A

Coastal League (CL)--West Coast--8 teams

Atlantic League (AL)--East Coast/Midwest/Southeast--8 teams

Class B

Heartland League (HL)--Heartland/Midwest--8 teams, 2 indy

Cactus League (CaL)--Southwest-10 teams

Class C

Cape Cod League (CCL)--Cape Cod, MA--6 teams

Four Corners League (FCL)--UT, AZ, NM, CO, plus NV--6 teams, 2 indy

Sunshine League (SL)--Southeast, mainly Florida--8 teams, 2 indy

Independent

Golden State League (GSL)--California--6 teams (REP. 1)

Pan-America League (PAL)--2 Canada teams, 4 northern US teams (REP. 2)

New England Baseball Association (NEBA)--New England, 6 teams (REP. 3)

International

Canadian Baseball League (CBL)--Canada--8 teams (REP. 3)

Japan Premier League (JPL)--Japan--6 teams (REP. 3)

JPL2--Japan--6 teams

African Baseball Association--Africa--4 teams (REP. 0)

Europe Baseball Circuit (EBC)--Europe--10 teams (REP. 3)

Junior Baseball Circut (eJBC)--Europe--10 teams

Crown League (CrownL)--Great Britain--6 teams (REP. 0)

Caribbean League Baseball (CLB)--Caribbean--6 teams (REP. 1)

South America Baseball League (SaBL)--South America--8 teams (REP. 0)

Don't have the time though, plus it would take forever to sim.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

So, I wanted to try something crazy, making up this storyline:

The Emeralds were bought by a new owner, who decided to raise the low budget and go for broke this season. He instructed me to "bet the farm"--trade away our two good prospects for stars. Our new budget is $148,000, #6 in the league. Seattle has turned into a baseball crazy city, and is very excited. I had a lot of money to work with.

The first trade I made got me the best pitcher in the langue, Michael Reed from Saint Louis. I had to send a 1st round pick, our top prospect Clifton Ladds, and some other worthless prospects. Then, I was able to trade Moore, a SP, and another couple of bad prospects to San Francisco for RF Greg Christiansen and SP Danny Skinner. Big trade. Of course, I hate to trade prospects away like that, but this team is looking really good.

I have $11 million for FA. My only needs are a OF and a DH.

Ffw4Nb0.png
35zI7V0.png
z6C8Cwf.png

GLF--Nebraska Knights

I was going to do a season recap, but I'm so excited that I skipped ahead to the preseason. We made several minor FA signings, but no huge ones.

OSN says we are projected to finish second with 102 wins. Can't wait to see how it goes.

----------------------------------

That's as far as I've got on the OOTP Boards. Please comment.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

I did not have my 1st round pick this draft due to the Reed trade. Luckily most of the players weren't super good. My 2nd and 3rd round picks:

KE1UYKT.png

LRm1S9C.png

Things aren't going too great, not a total disaster either I will need a big month.

rvBltlh.png?1

GLF--Nebraska Knights

Standings on July 1:

u8b9Nty.png?1

I traded Baughman, a backup SS, and a few other minor things to get this guy, plus a SP who is decent to replace Baughman:

hF8tiDf.png

GLF--Nebraska Knights

One month left:

TNBcQpQ.png?1

I would've liked to win the RS championship, but it looks like a long shot right now. So be it.

This may be the year the Angles miss the playoffs...

GLF--Nebraska Knights

Final:

EEtSNXU.png?1

We gave the Catfish a run for their money. St. Louis did in fact get in.

Miami had the worst season of all time, with 111 losses.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

We lost the first game of the playoffs against the Lobos, and then preceded to win four straight with ease, including two shutout victories sparked by stellar pitching performances from Reed and Skinner and home runs by CF Michael Jordan in both of the two games. Columbus knocked out St. Louis, 4-2, ending the Angle's 4-year Golden Bowl streak.

Golden Bowl:

ztONQMf.png

uS3agzU.png

P1NtsvY.png

vs. Columbus this season we are 4-5, but I have full confidence that we are able to win this one.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

Not that anyone missed me, but I am back with a new version of OOTP!

Golden Bowl:

Game 1: Michael Reed got off to a tough start, allowing runs in both the first two innings. But he dominated the rest of the game, and we won 5-2. CF Michael Jordan went deep again, keeping up his flaming hot playoffs.

Game 2: Daniel Skinner pitched a good game, and we got a 7-3 victory to go up 2-0 in the series.

Game 3: Columbus got on the board with eight no-hit innings from ace David Ramirez. SS Tom Goode go our only hit, and while SP Rick Powell pitched well in defeat, the Catfish's pitching was just too much.

Game 4: We went up 3-1, despite struggles from Reed once more. The ace pitcher managed just 6.1 innings, allowing three Columbus batters to cross the plate.

Game 5: Colubus pounced on Seattle's relief pitching with 5 runs in the final two innings, and took the game 7-1 to pull within striking distance.

Game 6: The Catfish tied up the Golden Bowl's 9-game set, knocking our Skinner after just 3.2 innings, and winning by a score of 8-3.

Game 7: With the series now tied, the sixth game of the series was an instant classic. The game went scoreless for ten and a half innings, before a single from Goode drove home the speedy Jordan. Mike Edwards pitched 3.2 scoreless innings of relief to get the W, needing just 38 pitches to do so.

Game 8: Needing just one win to be champions, Seattle felt confident, with ace Michael Reed on the mound. The Emeralds scored six runs in the third inning, and Reed went the distance, allowing just one run on six hits. Reed, with a 2.01 series ERA, was elected series MVP and is expected to receive pitcher of the year honors soon.

GLF--Nebraska Knights

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this