Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2016
Rep - Helpful

Steam Profile

Fired up a new team in Clapper and... already making things look rough! Ranked 2nd when I took them over, they've dropped 2 places already. I'm hoping this is due to adjusting their line-up to actually make sense (it certainly didn't when I took over). Their roster initially had defensemen playing as forwards, forwards as Centers... it was chaos. They were also, unfortunately, gutted of their SHL first round pick by another player... so now I understand the frustration of taking over a team that was traded a bunch of junk contracts/players by a human player in exchange for an NPC's pick/decent player. Now they're loaded with poor contracts and orange guys, with the few decent greens and blues carrying the team.

Anyway, their power play and PK were high in the league despite both being loaded with forwards... I might actually regress to that, just in case something was working there! I kept their tactics on Crash the Net, too, but I'm thinking maybe now that the roster is in order a change of tactics is due and the Crash the Net tactics were benefiting from a chaotic roster. Either way, it's refreshing to start anew with the Mississauga Steel. 

Over on Lumber, Portland Steam is suffering from my hoarder capabilities... right now we have WAY too many defensemen. We were swept handily in the playoffs by a GHL team, too, and right now are struggling with cap issues. I'm scrambling to offload some contracts to sign a prospect C of mine and a prospect G to take advantage of their low cap hits. Right now I'm optimistic about the season, but also cautious. The pieces I lost last season weren't huge, but next season is going to be a lot of BIG hits to my team as guys are now demanding big contracts and I'm already pressed against the cap. So this is my window to promote...

Anyone need a defenseman or six?

Posted December 06, 2016 - 01:41 PM

Kummo

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Floater
  • LocationFinland

(Still hate how i have to update forums now up to 20 times just to read everything and to reply..  i believe it's because forums are somewhat java-based.. don't like this at all).

World Bisquit

Bermuda Sea Lions

Originally i made team in BHL on season 1. It all started well but i didn't know what i was doing. I thought my signings were good.. at first they actually were but soon i had way too many way too expensive underperforming players. After few seasons i was relegated to IHL. 

In IHL i have performed well even though i still made same mistake with signing too expensive players (couldn't keep everyone happy so they underperdormed). One thing i did right was to give new players shorter contracts. My team has been 7th-4th for multiple seasons in a row. It really seems like BHL is close.

At the beginning of this season i made choise: to move as many badly performed players to other teams (usually to BHL, they wanted to move to bigger clubs). So actually even when signing expensive players did cost me promotion on season 6, it gave me hell of a good picks for season 7. I was IHL team that had 1st round BHL pick, 2nd round BHL pick and 3rd round BHL pick and really good prospects for defense,

Actually, heck, at the end of the season BOTH 1st round BHL and 2nd round BHL were whapped into 1st round SHL and 2nd round SHL picks!!! For IHL team that was awesome! (May i mind you, these were HUMAN coaches that did trading. Had talks with the one that gave me 1st round pick, he was really happy at the end of the season about early season trades because he thinks that my players were in key positions in his team.. dunno what the other guy thinks tho).

I did do shortlist on seasons 6 and 7 picks. I got good players for my last seasons picks and i'm sure i will get super picks this time!

My team is super on defense. My goalies and scoring lines suck a bit. I still almost was accidentally promoted to BHL in playoffs. 

"Accidentally?" Yeah, i didn't want to promote this season. It's my goal on next one for sure.

I already have signed players from foreign leagues. My defense got already better than last season, especially with new award winning goalie. He is among top 3 best goalies in my league.. but he is expensive, over 200 000!!! He is way too expensive for his rating in BHL (promotion contract would have multiplied his price and i would have needed way better one instead).

If i would have been promoted, i would not have much space in salary cap to take good FA's on my top lines.

But because i got 2 SHL picks, because i got top goalie, because i have maybe best defense overall in my league and because my scoring lines will be better (not by much, but i believe enough for places 1-3, and if i'm gonna get 3rd place, it must be because of though and even season, i'm sure i'm gonna promote via playoffs in that case). 

I have already plans that i want to fill during sillyseason and during season. I already have plans for both: underperforming again and not filling goals of promotion AND for the case of me finally getting back to BHL.

SHL might be harder to get, but with my increasing knowledge of the game, it seems more than plausible. We shall see what Sea Lions will achieve. For now, it's road back to BHL baby!. 

Posted April 21, 2017 - 05:02 PM

IneffableLeafs

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada

Wow, this topic died. I'll kick it off with the first post of 2017, only 4 months in  :lol: !

Still managing Montmorency Vortex, but have also picked up Nottingham in Howitzer and trying to spoil ncik's story by promoting instead of him. I'm only kidding, of course.

Anyways, without further ado, let's get into it:

Situation

From the last time I posted, I also clinched the BHL title, going up to the SHL. In the SHL, I finished in 3rd, losing to GHL team Wolfe 2-1 in the final promotion/relegation playoff round.

Anyways, here is the table with 17 games to go:

**Notes

*e means a team is eliminated from automatic promotion

*a blue line under a stat indicates best in the league

*two blue lines under a stat indicates tie for best in the league

*The same rules apply for red lines, only these mean worst in the league

Attached File  Silver Hockey League Game World Fishbowl Game Plan Hockey Manager.png   125.39KB   0 downloads

At a glance, my automatic promotion goal is close to completion, as with every win by us and Merrick, another team is knocked out of contention.

The top 7 human controlled teams are not buckling a bit to their CPU counterparts.

Sault Ste Marie has a decent overtime record, going 5-0 so far.

I'm excited to see how Merrick can defend their 2nd spot with the best defense in the league against the tightly packed trio of Pinewood, Rocky Mountain House, and Portland. The fight for 6th between Yonker and Tahsis is also quite exciting.

Transactions

My team's cap situation for next season is not looking too promising, my my top young core players are: 86 rated D Rob Tavares, 85 rated W Franc Zbogar, and 84 rated C Remi Flett.

I've made 7 trades this season, but my favourite was acquiring and then flipping a prospect in a deal where I gave up my SHL 2nd round pick for a GHL 2nd round pick, prospect, and a roster player, who pushed my teamwork and winners instinct into heroic and harmony.

To Do List / Ambitions

The promotion to the Golden league has not been clinched yet, but I can feel it. The top 2 prospects in the draft are absolute studs, at 88 (grown 3) and 84 (grown 5) overall. I'm banking on a top 2 pick for my first GHL season ever.

Surprisingly, with my team spirit all in the green, no help is needed there, I just need to let my team do their thing.

Also hoping to offload one more player to the GHL this season as an 85 ovr UFA.

Doing the math, I'm expecting my team to win 10 of the last 17 games, which should clinch me the title with 136 points.

Team Spirit

I brought this over from last time I posted, and honestly I thought there would be a problem, but there wasn't.

Injuries

My roster is quite small, at only 25 players (including 3 goaltenders), so I'm hoping my team can be durable with injuries late in the season.

42 points in 39 games defender Remy Mercurio has been out the last 4 games with a day-to-day lowe body injury.

9 players have not missed one game this season, including point-per-game power forward Mayson Payne.

Conclusion

Barring my entire team gets injured, I should win the title, and with injury, I don't think my team will be able to fall out of the automatic promotion spots.

I'm going to try to keep posts around this size from now on, and I think I'll touch on the draft and the beginning of the next season for my next post.

More to come soon...

Posted May 16, 2017 - 03:34 PM

Arukas

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Floater
  • LocationUSA
About to kick off a new season (tomorrow!) in Biscuit's LIHL. The team had a big improvement over last year when I finished 14th. I ended up in 7th this year, got a good taste of the playoffs, and my young core of players is still improving.

Line projections for next year:

Tikkanen-Beliveau-Arena
Mars-Hugh-Dunkelberger
Tornblom-Kostial-Bergius
Yurevich-Nuttall-Schneiders

Bleich-Jussila
Cech-Seppala
Averin-Malga

Nigro
Anderson

Options I'd like to explore:

Obviously I'll have to wait until the draft turns out, but I really wouldn't mind trying to snag a top notch goaltender. I've got some really good goalie prospects, and I'd like to hang on to Nigro, but with some contracts expiring that I might not be able to maintain, I really need to try making a run next season.

Overall, there's going to be some tough competition next year. If I can have another good offseason and make it to 3rd or 4th, I'd definitely be happy with that.

Posted May 29, 2017 - 09:31 AM

maniaque

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Floater

My team did horrible in GHL and i am leaving the game also because it is boring. always the same thing. I would prefer a game with some graphics. This is boring just numbers and text.

Posted May 29, 2017 - 09:48 AM

ncik

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Reliable

you do you mate, GM games like this hit home for some and not for others. There are tons of ways to become more immersed in the game beyond just waiting to see results

Posted May 30, 2017 - 03:46 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 232 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

This is finally the year for The Buckingham Breakouts to promote back to GHL.

The team is made of young, fast developing talent, and experienced veterans who guide the team with their poise and superior skills honed during seasons of hard play. "After years of trying and trying, only to end up dropping out in the playoffs, this is the year the management is looking to get things done. I've been informed if we don't make it to the GHL, my job is on the line" the head coach comments on rumors demanding his retirement. "We've had a capable team for years in a row but have been treading water with the playoffs. This year we're aiming for a top 2 finish, whatever it takes."

The eyes are once again on the young center Bartanus. Despite only being 22 years of age he has really proved himself of being a franchise player and being capable of guiding the team with his example of scoring goals game after another. He's now being paired up with another offensive virtuoso Majerick who proved himself last season. They are accompanied with a new accusation, a offensive defender Di-Caprio who has really claimed the expectations set for him before the season started. But it's not all about offense with this team. The team has one of the strongest defensive groups with talent loaded in all three pairings, accompanied with a great goaltending duo. Jensen is a proven talent and Moffet has taken his place as a great backup goalie.

Although it's early in the season, The Breakouts are looking strong and determined to make it back to the GHL.

Posted May 30, 2017 - 05:06 AM

Kummo

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Floater
  • LocationFinland

World: Biscuit

League: BHL

Team: Bermuda Sealions

Promoted to BHL few season later than planned. KInda messed up few things (thought that contracts i made during playoff-time were already in BHL budget since it updated to show me having 4,5 million for contracts and 1 millions was supposed to be free after season changed, after promotions it was 100 000 - 200 000.. i think it already counted my players that i had last season right but reported new contracts [from foreign countries] in wrong league pricing).

So i kinda gave bit more expensive contracts than planned and so didn't quite have money to run as effective team as i could had. (Would have opted to get less foreign league players and more cheaper free agents or run own youngsters or trade a bit more).

Plan is to trade few players out for picks or players i could use (or are cheaper to keep as substitutes).

And if possible stay in BHL, let IHL level players drop from contracts, renew young ones i can afford and try to get more effective team for next season (when prices meet with ice time and performance rating).

Posted May 31, 2017 - 11:18 AM

Rigolet Robots

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Floater
  • LocationMontrĂ©al, QC, Canada

World: Lumber

League: BHL

Team: Rigolet Robots

This is my first season ever. I'm #1 right now with 9 games to go. My top player hurt himself for 17 games but I think he will be back right for playoffs. My team is doing super well, except I cannot put my #2 goalie or I lose. I think he won 1 out of 7 games, out of my 10 loses. Anyway, things are looking good and the way I understand it I will go right to SHL next season? I'm really not sure how all of this work!

So this put me in a weird spot that I have to sign or resign a lot of players and I don't know what is the usual price, what is the cap, how many season I should sign, etc. I guess I will have to find out myself the hard way. I also don't have a lot of prospect, as I will be signing 2 of 3 for next season. But I do have 2 first round pick so that should help.

All in all, I'm having a lot of fun, my team is doing great and I know next year is gonna be tough. The manager before me went up to SHL, had a terrible season and dropped down and quit. I will try not to do the same. (I wish the simulation was faster, it's stuck at 0:00 again!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users