Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

This is a thread for anybody who wants to talk about how they doing no matter the world.

Posted February 01, 2015 - 02:04 PM

AY-BR

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

I'm in the World Alfa, in the bronze league and just took this team before the start of the new season. We are currently 3-0 and first in the bronze league. I had a hard time bringing free agents, but I have able to got get a 4th center and some depth players.  My objective is to get promotion this season and be able to be in Golden League in maybe 3-4 seasons.

Posted February 02, 2015 - 07:30 AM

kneeclass

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Floater

I'm playing in the Alfa word also. Last season i won the bronze league with my team Pe Ell Coolcats and got promoted to the Silver league. The players and the tactics i use seems to work as i'm currently in the lead of the Silver league also.

Posted February 02, 2015 - 11:56 AM

AY-BR

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

I'm playing in the Alfa word also. Last season i won the bronze league with my team Pe Ell Coolcats and got promoted to the Silver league. The players and the tactics i use seems to work as i'm currently in the lead of the Silver league also.

looking at your team we see why. You have a great team with no players under 72 overal!

Posted February 03, 2015 - 07:03 AM

Royalty

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • 23 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Pe Ell Coolcats, i remember that name, your team did really well in Alpha Season 2.

I'm the former manager of East Rockaway Rhinos, i left the Alpha world to join the Bravo World. I heard that team isn't doing well anymore since i left  :(

Posted February 04, 2015 - 11:45 AM

Andrew Baker-Richards

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Floater

I joined the LIHL in alfa world a game into the seaon, as the 0-0-0-1 Wailua Homesteads Vipers.  I'm currently sitting in 9th with a 4-0-1-5 record and I own the co-highest point scorer in the league.  I'm currently trying to find the right formula to put up consistent points but my forwards are struggling to score goals.  Fortunately 4 of my top 6 scorers are D-men, though I don't know how long that can be sustained. -_-

Proud GM of the Falconbridge Reapers; BHL-Gameworld Mitts

Posted February 12, 2015 - 08:45 PM

Boon

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Steam Profile

I took over part way through the second season in Alpha World IHL (Iron Hockey League) with the Portland Winterhawks and was cruising along in first place until I started to mess with some tactics and then right as the playoffs hit, I had 4 players on the injury list, and we didn't make it out of the first round.

I am pretty new to the world of hockey having bought my first set of season tickets to the Portland Winterhawks of the WHL (Portland, Oregon, USA) who are Back to Back to Back to Back Western Conference Champions of the WHL, and are gearing up for another run at the playoffs this season.  We have the likes of Nic Petan (Canada), Oliver Bjorkstrand (Netherlands), and Chase De Leo (USA) who all played in the World Juniors just a bit ago with Nic Petan's Canadian team taking Gold from Russia.

My #1 player is my Line 1 Center Owen Dugdale

I have three excellent Goalies who I could start any day and feel like I will win, with my 19 year old getting the Starting Job.

Portland Blackhawks 1st Place 17-2-4-3 59 Points

Posted February 14, 2015 - 05:59 PM

Ted.haag

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

I took over Palm Harbor Wild Cats a game into in the second season (Delta World). Currently in first place with 105 points. Main thing that I have found is that this sim does a great job of valuing strategy and team chemistry. Your best bet is to not bet on only your highlight players to win through big games. Best example I can give for this is Olexandr Pimenov, one of my forwards who leads the league in points currently. He is 4th or 5th best forward on the team overall and starts in my 4th line but plays a vital role in my special teams. Yet he leads the league in points while being 11th on my team in average time on ice per game. 

That essentially is why I enjoy this sim. Strategy > A couple dudes

Palm Harbor Wild Cats 1st Place 33-2-2-6 105 points

Posted February 22, 2015 - 11:15 AM

Chris

GM Games

• Administrators
  • 545 posts
  • 18 thanks
    GM Since: June 2011
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

Should any of you want to share your team progress on the front-page of the forums. The Hockey section is found here: http://forums.gmgame...key-franchises/

Cheers

Posted April 17, 2015 - 09:26 PM

Parminder

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Floater
  • LocationCanada

Was in the IHL when i first started on day 77, and I didn't recieve a notice that I had to sign my players. More than 2/3s of my team was no where to be found and I was demoted. Guess challenges make this game much more fun. Just hate waiting for players to sign with my team.

Posted July 22, 2015 - 12:38 AM

Royalty

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • 23 thanks
Rep - Reliable
Woohoo won the GHL playoffs in the first season of game world Clapper. Nice to see my name in the books :)

Posted July 22, 2015 - 10:03 AM

Yann Rock

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: May 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada

The Trojans are doing well in the SHL, hopefully we keep it up for the rest of the season.

Posted July 23, 2015 - 01:29 AM

Daen00

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2015
Rep - Floater
  • LocationMadriz (Spain)

I took over the Mount Cobb Wolverines in Game World Duster in the middle of the first season and barely was safe in BHL by the playoffs (finished 14th). In the second year, the Wolverines absolute dominated the League with a record of 52-1-0-7, being 1st in GF, GA, PP and PK and two of the players in the top 2 of scoring with 75 and 74 points.

My other team, in Game World Clapper is the Kaukauna Black Flag, and has been struggle with a lot difficulties, and finished 9th in SHL the first season. I think the team deserve much more, so will see in the second year.

Posted July 24, 2015 - 02:45 AM

Royalty

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • 23 thanks
Rep - Reliable

The success is starting to hurt my financial position. I'm close to the cap and a couple of players are starting to get unhappy about their contracts.

Some hard decisions will have to be made sooner than i would like  :(

Posted July 24, 2015 - 11:45 AM

Bob Zee

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationUnited States

It's good see some success stories.  This game is all about getting good talent, and getting the team to play together nicely with cohesive lines and good tactics.

My team (Mount Healthy Young Guns in the GHL/ Game World Biscuit), were in dead last place when I took them over.  The 16th spot with 1 win and 6 or 8 losses.  I couldn't get any free agents to sign with us, because they obviously consider the team record when deciding between multiple options.

But we finally managed to pick up a couple of players by offering really high salaries, then managed a couple of wins, and now that I've worked our team up to the 7th spot in the league, I'm able to actually choose guys that fit my needs.  I have just recently signed an awesome goalie and forward, and I'm looking to improve our position even more.

Last to first in one season is my current goal.  :) 

Posted August 01, 2015 - 09:05 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

Started since last Wednesday in Game World Biscuit, playing in the GHL with the Deadwood Vandals. So far I'm super excited and already asked lots of friends to join as well. Normally I don't reply on forums but I'm so exited about this game that I wanted to share this!

If this is the beta, I can't wait for the upgrades! Amazing work and kudos to Anders. Usually I try a lot of different managergames and I end up playing none... Since hockey is my passion I'm always looking for a great hockey manager game and hope to stick with it. So far I never found a decent one, except GPHM! This is a keeper for sure!  

Posted August 01, 2015 - 11:23 AM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1076 posts
  • 130 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden
Thank you so much for that feedback! Your story sounds just like how I ended up creating this game in the first place, how it felt like I signed up for all online hockey manager games out there - but didn't really play any of them. Not saying that GPHM is the perfect fit for everybody. But I'm really glad you like the game so far.

Posted August 01, 2015 - 11:30 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

Thank you so much for that feedback! Your story sounds just like how I ended up creating this game in the first place, how it felt like I signed up for all online hockey manager games out there - but didn't really play any of them. Not saying that GPHM is the perfect fit for everybody. But I'm really glad you like the game so far.

For me it's the best there is at the moment and if I look at what's coming, then I'm really thrilled. Please never stop with GPHM!  :)

Posted August 04, 2015 - 01:28 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

Lost 3 games in a row now and 3 times with better stats and 3 times my goalie is playing really bad. Despite the fact that I have 2 top goalies (one is the best in the world). I hope it's just bad momentum.

Posted August 06, 2015 - 12:36 PM

Bob Zee

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationUnited States

@ koekefix:   Make sure your goalie isn't tired. (Fitness bar is blue, instead of green)   I find that unless their Endurance is very high, that they are only good for about 2 games, and then they need to rest a game.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users