Sign in to follow this  
moore4807

[FHM14 DYNASTY] - Florida Panthers

can you post the standings?

Sure - in Post #67 I posted the .jpg of the weekly home screen which has the Conference standings (top left corner)  I will be posting that weekly - The question is do you want a particular Division or Conference to be posted? I'll post the four Divisions as of today and will try to remember to get a .jpg of the standings when I do the Monday updates.

NHL Standings Oct 18 2013 Eastern Conf..jpgNHL Standings Oct 18 2013 Western Conf..jpg

SORRY i HAVE NO IDEA WHY THEY APPEAR THIS TINY...

Oct 18th 2013
SCORES
STL - 4 WPG - 3 The Blues playing their second away game in as many nights fell behind early 3 - 1 to the Jets in the first period but then held them scoreless the rest of the game, with First Star RW TJ Oshie (8.0a/8.0a)having a two point night (1G/1A) providing the tying goal early in the third period. C David Backes (8.0b/8.0b) who received a 5 minute major for illegal check in OT scored on the first shot in OT and the Jets missed all three opportunities. (Note Shootout again allowed 7th shooter when majority score was already reached in six shooters)
ARZ - 2 ANA -6 The Ducks stormed out to a four goal first period and never looked back. D Cam Fowler (8.0c/8.5c) had an excellent night (1G/3A) getting First Star for his efforts.

Other NHL news;
BOS D Torey Krug (7.5a/8.0a) was placed on the IR for an upper body inury and rinkside spectators at practice report he was struck in the arm by an errant puck. No timetable on his return is available.

Boston says NO!
Again the news inbox was empty The actual date I'm running is Oct 19th, when I closed the game down and posted the 18th's scores and news. When I opened the game up today... There is message from Boston declining the Daniel Paille trade which is fine, but WHY is it not appearing when I look up the inbox and see the inury to Krug? This is the second time I've had this happen, Maybe it's emulating snail mail in the game?

Anyway it says close but no cigar... I do not intend to up the ante for Paille at this point with the team playing well.
381419d1422986229-dynasty-florida-panthe

Game #9 vs. Minn. Wild Oct 19
A bright sunny Florida day has dawned as Bonehead Moore pulls into the BB & T Center parking lot and enters the building. Inside there is quiet, only a few staff members gathering supplies and foodstuffs for tonight's game and electric floor jacks are rumbling by with their wares.

Several "Good morning Coach" salutations are offered to Bonehead by those walking or riding by he realizes he has no idea who all these people that make the game tonight possible are, but knows that the workers here deserve more recognition than he is receiving right now. He vows to make some time soon to get to know some of the workers...

Other than a verbal warning to the Defensive coaches for leaving the War Room a mess last night, He spells out the game plan they agreed on... Minnesota is a line-rolling team with some good defensive players and a two way system. He warns the coaches to stay on the offensive because the Wild are hard to beat once they are ahead, and have proven adept at getting points off OT and shootouts.

The day finally winds down and the puck is ready to be dropped. The Wild and Panthers are pretty even through the first period but a late flurry of activity by the Wild sees them pick up an ES goal and the Panthers enter the locker room down in shots 12 - 8, and down in the score 1 - 0.

The coaches are doing an excellent job keeping our lines attacking and moving in the offensive zone in the second period. Quickly we surge ahead in SOG but still cannot figure out the Wild's G Gustafsson who is making some incredible saves. The score remains 1 - 0, but the shots are now 21 - 18 in favor of the Panthers.

The third period starts badly for the Panthers as ES goals by LW Zach Parise (8.5c/8.5c) and C Mikael Granlund (7.5a/8.0a) have the home team looking at the wrong end of a 3 - 0 score. Minnesota adapts to our style and quickly the SOG are evened out. A late PP goal by RW Kris Versteeg breaks Gustafsson's shutout bid, but the Panthers can't score again and the final buzzer sounds on a 3 - 1 loss.

Surprisingly G Gustafsson (6.0c/7.0c) is only the Third Star of the game, Bonehead thinks the press core wasn't watching the same game as him tonight. The coaching staff will be spending a late night in the "War Room" trying to figure this one out tonight.
381455d1423001341-dynasty-florida-panthe381456d1423001341-dynasty-florida-panthe381457d1423001341-dynasty-florida-panthe

Sorry for the delay - A nasty little "bug" laid me down and out for the past couple days and made me feel like the proverbial truck hit me, followed by the next two cars! But I'm back and the Panthers season continues..

Oct 19th 2013
SCORES
VAN - 3 PIT - 5 For the second straight game both LW Jussi Jokinen and RW Beau Bennett scored (1G/1A) leading the Pens to a win at home over the Canucks.
NAS - 0 MTL - 1 A second period score by C Lars Eller (7.0b/7.5b) was the only score as the Canadien's G Carey Price (9.0d/10.0d) got the shutout at home.
NYR - 2 NJD - 1 The Devils held a one goal lead and a potential shut out until the last 9:44 pf the third period when LW Benoit Pouliot (6.5c/7.5c) and LW Chris Kreider (7.0c/7.5c) each scored 1:48 apart to lift the Rangers to their sixth win of the season.
TOR - 4 CHI - 5 The Blackhawks ended a two game skid with a shootout win at home over the Maple Leafs. Toronto's LW James Van Riemsdyk had a hat trick and Hawk i Patrick Kane scored his second goal of the game in the third period to send it to OT. Chicago coach Joel Quenneville must of had a hunch as his third shooter was noted pugilist D Sheldon Brookbank (6.5d/6.5d) and it paid off as Brookbank buried his shot into the netting for the win.
DAL - 2 LAK – 8 RW Jeff Carter (8.0a/8.5a) led the scoring with his first hat trick of the season and the Kings thoroughly dominated the visiting Stars.
EDM - 5 OTT - 3 The Oilers exploded for four goals in the second period and LW Taylor Hall (8.5d/9.5d) had a 3 point night (1G/2A) as the Sens RW Bobby Ryan (8.0d/8.0d) added two goals in a losing effort.
BOS - 3 TBY - 2 The visiting Bruins scored three times in the first period then made the lead stand up through the final buzzer. The Bolts PP went 0 - 4 tonight probably costing them a valuable point in the standings.
CAR - 3 NYI - 1 The Hurricanes landed on Long Island and LW Jeff Skinner (8.0c/8.5c) scored twice to keep Carolina atop the Metropolitan Division standings G Cam Ward continues to amaze in goal keeping a 1.38 GAA and a .958 save percentage.
DET - 1 ARZ - 2 G Thomas Greiss (6.5c/7.5c) turned away 26 of 27 shots and LW Lauri Korpikowski (6.5c/7.5c) and LW Mikkel Boedker (7.5c/8.0c) each scored a goal as the Coyotes won at home for the second time this season.
COL - 2 BUF - 6 Two of the best teams in hockey met when the Av’s played the Sabres but Buffalo showed the visitors no mercy, opening up a three goal lead after the first period. D Henrik Tallinder (7.0c/7.0c) picked up 3 points (1G/2A) on the night to earn him First Star of the game.
CLB - 2 WAS - 3 RW Alex Ovechkin (9.5b/10.5b) scored with 54 seconds left and G Braden Holtby (7.5d/8.0d) made several acrobatic saves stopping 30 of 32 shots, giving the Caps a needed win.
CAL - 2 SJS - 1 The tough luck Sharks lost another close game at home tonight and the fans let them know it. Debris and boos rained down on the ice after Flames LW TJ Galiardi (6.5b/7.0b) scored just 1:26 into the third period. Several fans were ejected and the game officials pondered a bench minor to the Sharks, but ultimately decided against it. One analyst’s comment is particularly stinging “ 0 -6 on the PP is definitely a recipe for losing close games” After the game one Shark who did not want to be identified commented “We are trying hard, We will get this turned around but the fans have to stick with us…”

In other NHL news;
CLB - D Brayden McNabb (6.5d/6.5d) was placed on I.R. for an undisclosed Upper Body Injury. Insiders report he suffered a shoulder injury in practice but finished the practice before getting checked out.

Oct 20th 2013
SCORES
VAN - 5 CLB - 1 Canucks D Chris Tanev (7.0b/7.0b) scored the game winner and got First Star of the game for his performance tonight at Nationwide Arena.
NAS - 5 WPG - 2 The visiting Predators were outhit, outshot, and outhustled everywhere but on the scoreboard. Two PP goals helped as the Predators scored three unanswered goals through two periods and hard hitting play dominated the third period, but the Jets just couldn't solve the Predators defensive scheme.
DAL - 2 ANA - 3 Sixty minutes could not decide the victor, so C Ryan Getzlaf (9.0c/9.0c) ended the OT period 1:12 later with a backdoor tap-in on a pretty pass from RW Corey Perry. (9.0d/9.0d)

No other NHL news...

Oct 21st 2013
SCORES
SJS - 1 DET - 5 Red Wing's LW Gustav Nyquist (7.5b/8.0b) scored the first and fifth goals tonight as Detroit jumped out to a 4 - 1 lead after one period and cruised to an easy victory over the hapless 2-7 Sharks. Pundits are already talking about possible replacements for the San Jose Coach and General Manager.
COL - 3 PIT - 4 The Av's lost for the second straight night and expressed their displeasure to the Pens who were willing and ready to mix it up. C Brandon Sutter (7.5c/7.5c) scored three consecutive goals and both teams shared in 9 penalties called over the last 30 minutes of an increasingly chippy game.
CAL - 7 LAK - 6 The Flames coach will undoubtedly be paying a NHL fine and compensating the Staples Center for the damage done after what he later termed a "complete meltdown". The Flames went into the third period with a comfortable 6 - 2 lead. After watching his team give up four third period goals and wildly pacing up and down the bench even after his team won the shootout, Coach Hartley then locked out reporters and non-essential employees and easily could be heard yelling through the closed doors. What was important and notable was this was the winning team's locker room... Ironically all of Calgary's goals were scored by RW's. Mike Cammalleri (7.5b/7.5b), David Jones (6.5c/6.5c) and Lee Stempniak (6.5c/6.5c) each had two goals in the regular session.

No other NHL news...

Game #10 vs. Chicago Oct 22nd
Bonehead is watching the pregame skate when Coach McCabe approaches him and starts talking about a family activity. Coach Tyulin sees them together and makes a beeline over to them. This visibly annoys Coach McCabe and Bonehead can see tension between the two men. Coach Ramsay is very observant and engages Coach Tyulin in some offensive line drills he is running with the players. Coach McCabe doesn't say anything else and heads back to his defensive group. Bonehead knows there is something brewing before long.

The first period play is even but the Panthers third line strikes first with RW Brad Boyes (6.5a/6.5a) netting an ES goal just 5:24 into the contest. Shots are 14 - 13 Panthers. The second period is all Blackhawks scoring and shots as they score twice on ES goals by the defensive pairing of D Nick Leddy (7.5a/8.0a) and D Michal Rossival (7.0b/7.0b) The Blackhawks now lead in shots 25 - 22. Coach Ramsay is suggesting double shifting our first line to offset the Hawks checking line and Bonehead agrees, the lines are set to 25/10/10/15. The third period starts off with quick 382222d1423410519-dynasty-florida-panthe382223d1423410519-dynasty-florida-panthe382224d1423410519-dynasty-florida-panthe382225d1423410530-dynasty-florida-panthegoals traded by both teams only 4 seconds apart. Then D Johnny Oduya (7.0a/7.0a) buries a slapshot in the Panthers net six seconds after that for a two goal cushion they never relinquish and that's the score at the end of the third period.

At the post game press conference Bonehead is asked about the three goals by Chicago defensemen tonight and he looks perplexed. " I dunno, ask me about the 10 seconds between the three third period goals and I'm at a loss how that occurs either" he says. He points out there is some good things, even though 4 of the 5 penalties in the game were called on the home team... the Blackhawks failed to score any powerplay goals tonight.
Bonehead promises to have the team work harder and play smarter for the next game.

NHL Weekly FA/Trade lists

Seeing if there is anyone interesting. Also I'm a day late, I should of done this yesterday, but I blame the aftereffects of the flu!382193d1423405930-dynasty-florida-panthe382194d1423405930-dynasty-florida-panthe

well the good news is your leading in faceoff with Goc hahah

Yeah I understand, but that I'm using him as the 4th line/checking center and so far the computer is using them that way (L4 vs. L1) Goc is actually doing pretty good against the best offensive centermen...

Game 11 vs. Buffalo Oct 25th
Bonehead is leaning back in his office chair when Coach Ramsay sticks his head in the door, “Got a minute Boss?” is the question and Bonehead waves him in. Coach Ramsay closes the door and Bonehead inwardly grimaces but brightly asks “What can I do for you Craig?” and as Coach Ramsay takes a seat on the leather couch Bonehead swings and faces the chair to him. “Bryan wants to quit” begins Craig “and I don’t blame him” Coach Ramsay then adds another gem. He really cannot stand Coach Tyulin’s methods and feels he is subtracting from the team. Boneheads jaw literally drops and he gapes at Coach Ramsay… What a day!

The pre-game skate is here and Coach McCabe is talking with the defensemen when Bonehead skates over to watch. Coach Tyulin is nowhere to be seen on ice. Coach McCabe explains that they are returning to the original pairings and Gilroy and Robak will both see ice time as the second pairing with Kulikov. There is some questioning and Bonehead decides to be straight with them. “One player is going back to the minors in a month when JovoCop comes off the I.R. so you’re all playing for your jobs”. There are some unhappy looks when the Captain backs up Boneheads logic. The pregame is quickly over and everybody heads back to the locker room…

The first period starts out pretty evenly through the first 5 minutes with the Panthers closely checking and sticking with the Sabres forwards. The second line scores when LW Jonathan Huberdeau (7.0a/8.0a) finally corrals a bouncing puck in front of the net and lifts the rebound over the sprawling goalie for the 1 - 0 lead. Less than 2 minutes later when a hooking penalty on Buffalo opens the opportunity, C Nick Bjugstad (7.0a/7.5a) lights the PP lamp for the early 2 - 0 lead! The next thing is inevitable, Steve Ott starts agitiating… But apparently Coach Ramsay and Coach McCabe have a plan, as 3rd pair Gudbranson/Weaver go over the boards together, nearly getting a too many men on the ice penalty, and start sizing up and stalking Ott themselves… Steve Ott sees them and heads towards the bench but Gudbranson catches up to him and takes him into the boards. The gloves are off!!! The fight is spirited and pretty much both land some rights and the crowd erupts when Gudbranson body slams Ott to the ice as the linesmen step in. The end of the period shows Panthers ahead 2 - 0 in the score and 14 - 11 in shots.

The second period has Ott and Gudbranson finishing the last of their major penalties and the Sabres open up their game and offense. The Panthers are rolling all four lines and keeping up with the track meet Buffalo is running, the shots and hits are building for Buffalo over our Panthers, but G Tim Thomas (7.0a) is strong in the net, taking good angles and keeping the goose egg on the board. The second period ends with no penalties, no scoring, and Buffalo now leads in shots 22 - 20.

The third period starts and Bonehead has told the players that if the team plays just like it did the first period they will win the game. The team listened and the jump is in the Panthers skates and they are all over the Sabres the first 5 minutes. Disaster strikes when Bjugstad blows a tire while backchecking, RW Drew Stafford (7.5b) takes advantage of the opening and feeds LW Tomas Vanek for the score. Now its one goal away from starting over and Coach Ramsay feels the team tighten up… “If you’re gonna run scared of them at least run over em on the ice!!!” he yells at the players and they seem to recover their nerve. LW Sean Bergenheim (6.5a) seems to take the advice to heart as he barrels into a surprised D Jamie McBain (7.0a) who loses control of the puck to RW Tomas Kopecky (6.5a) who starts up ice and a short 12 seconds later Bergenheim restores the two goal lead! That seems to deflate Buffalo and the momentum shifts to the Panthers and even when Jesse Winchester takes a high sticking penalty, Tomas Kopecky scores his own goal on the penalty kill! Now it’s just run down the clock time and the Panthers do so efficiently for a big 4 - 1 win over the Eastern Conference leaders...

As Bonehead sits in the War Room conference chair after the team has gone home for the night, he watches film and is only half concentrating on it as he thinks - Is this how the owner is going to think I react to screaming??? Do I tell the owner of the coaching changes, or see what plays out over the next couple days???382567d1423532137-dynasty-florida-panthe382568d1423532137-dynasty-florida-panthe382569d1423532137-dynasty-florida-panthe382570d1423532148-dynasty-florida-panthe

Oct 25th 2013
SCORES
NYI - 2 PIT - 7 The Penguins used the Islanders as a punching bag in getting back to .500 on the season. C Sydney Crosby (10.0a/10.5a) scored a Hat Trick and was First Star of the game, and 13 of the 18 Penguins skaters scored points in tonight’s game.
TOR - 5 CLB - 2 The first period was a showcase of RW Phil Kessel (8.5c) for the Leafs and LW RJ Umburger (7.5b) of the Blue Jackets each scoring two goals. But at the final buzzer it was newcomer D Filip Kuba (6.5e) who walked away with the First Star award after a three point effort (0G/3A) and dominating defensive play.
VAN - 6 STL - 5 The Blues battled at home, but could not stop the Canucks when it counted, allowing a SH goal by C Brad Richardson (6.5b) with 2:50 left in the game. Seven of the games eleven goals were scored in the third period.
ANA - 3 OTT - 4 The game was still tied after the full sixty minutes were played, but the home team prevailed when C Jason Spezza (8.0d) scored with just 1:38 remaining in OT to get the win.
CAR - 4 COL - 5 The Avalanche were determined to get back on the winning track after losing their last two games on the road and RW Nathan McKinnon (7.5d/9.5d) had a hat trick to help make it happen. But the Hurricanes weren’t going along with the plan. LW Jiri Tlusty (7.0b/7.5b) scored twice in the third period to get his own hat trick and tie the game forcing OT. After those five minutes passed with the score still tied, the Av’s scored on the first shootout attempt and then G Semyon Varlamov (8.0c) shut the door on all three Hurricane shootout attempts for the final point.

In other NHL news;
C Nicklas Backstrom (8.5d) was the subject of reports from the beat writers as he was held out of contact during practice. After the practice an impromptu press conference was assembled and it was announced that Backstrom was suffering an Upper Body Injury and was being placed on the I.R. There was no call up planned according to the GM at this time.

Oct 26th 2013
SCORES
EDM - 3 ARZ - 2 The 7 - 3 - 2 Oilers built a one goal lead through two periods and then entrusted G Devan Dubnyk (6.5b/7.0b) and the defense with winning the game. Dubnyk turned aside 7 shots in the final period for his sixth win on the season.
SJS - 2 MON - 3 The Canadiens top defense pairing of D Marc Methot (7.0b/7.5b) (0G/3A) and D PK Subban (9.0b) (1G/1A) were a +3 on the evening and drove the Canadiens win total to seven on the season against visiting San Jose.
PHI - 1 NYI - 3 LW Josh Bailey (7.5c) (1G/1A) netted the insurance marker in the third period and First Star game honors, while G Kevin Poulin (6.0c/6.5c) got his first win in four tries as the Isles got out of the division basement with the win over the Flyers.
STL - 3 NAS - 2 The Blues peppered Predators goalie G Pekka Rinne (8.5c/9.0c) with 34 shots, 32 in regulation, before First Star C David Backes (8.0b) (1G/1A) stuffed in a rebound in OT for the win.
NJD - 2 BOS - 5 Five different Bruins scored, three of them in the third period, to put away the Devils at TD Center. The Bruins have been motivated since their shutout loss to Buffalo and privately players have said they are ready for a rematch but are going to take care of business until then.
NYR - 2 DET - 5 In an up and down season the Red Wings played possibly their best game yet, storming out to a 4 - 0 lead over two periods then weathering a comeback attempt by the Rangers. C Stephen Weiss (7.5d) had a three point night (2G/1A) and First Star honors for the winners.
WPG - 2 DAL - 1 Sixty minutes of play left the teams tied at one and 5 more minutes of play didn’t determine the winner, so it was shootout goals by the Jets D Zach Bogosian (7.5c/8.0c) and D Dustin Byfuglien (8.0c) to edge out the Stars in their home arena.
WAS - 4 CAL - 2 The Capitals overcame an early lead in the second period featuring a highlight reel SH goal by First Star C Eric Fehr (6.5b).The Capitals forced 12 Flames turnovers and outhit the Flames 30 - 14 but had only two minor penalties called the whole game.
PIT - 2 TOR - 3 RW Troy Brodie (6.5c) scored the GWG with 7:46 remaining in the game and D Dion Phaneuf (8.0d/8.5d) scored and had an assist for First Star honors as the Leafs sent the Penguins back under .500 on the season.
BUF - 4 TBY - 3 C Brian Flynn (6.5c) scored the first goal of the game and the last goal in the shootout to seal the win for the Sabres. Bolt’s LW Alex Killorn (7.0c/7.5c) added two goals in a three-goal second period for a lead that they couldn’t make last.
MIN - 4 CHI - 5 Blackhawks RW Patrick Kane (9.0c) scored his league leading tenth and eleventh goals and C Brandon Pirri (6.5a/7.0a) scored the go-ahead PP goal midway through the third period as the Hawks survived the Wild at home.

In other NHL news;
FLA - GM James "Bonehead" Moore was proudly flanked by defensemen Tom Gilbert (6.5a) and Eric Gudbranson (6.5a/7.5a) both wearing big smiles as the team announced they had both signed 4 year deals, keeping them in a Panthers uniform for a long time. Both players said the team's performance and play style had a lot to do with their signing quickly. Moore stated there was more housekeeping to do as far as signing players and today proved the Panther's commitment to improve the team while keeping continuity with the team.
PIT - After the game the Penguins led off the post-game press conference with the announcement that LW Chris Kunitz (8.0b) had an Upper Body Injury and was being placed on the I.R. No injury was detected during the game but his ice time was significantly down in the third period.
* In a surprise move GM Ray Shero came back to the podium before the end of the news conference and announced that a FA signing was just completed for LW Chad LaRose (7.0e) and he would be joining the team as soon as his physical was done and the paperwork was approved by league officials.
BUF - RW Jaromir Jagr (8.0b) was scratched for tonight's game and the reason was announced during the in-game TV interview with head coach Ron Rolston. Jagr suffered a hand injury during the morning shootaround and would likely miss a couple games while it heals. No call up is expected.
WPG - The Jets made an announcement of a trade of RW Alex Gordon (6.0c) to the Devils for the rights to D Dan Kelly (5.5d/6.0d). All of the players are currently playing in the AHL

Game 12 vs. Tampa Bay Oct 27th
Coach Tyulin is sitting in Boneheads office on the leather couch when the rest of the coaches come in, Coach McCabe actually pulls up short upon seeing him but then chooses to sit next to him and Coach Tyulin makes room for him.
Bonehead who is sitting behind his desk as this happens thinks to himself, "Screw the management books, this isn't gonna work" and pulls his chair to the coffee table too.
Coach Tyulin starts first apologizing to the room for his overbearing ways and that this is how he knows to coach in Russia. His one game suspension and then knowing he will be in the team suite for the rest of the month is more than enough punishment and he asks for forgiveness. There is actually some emotion in his voice as he finishes and he looks at the ceiling as he sits down.
After ninety minutes of Bonehead drawing out what the coaches want and expect from each other - he then tells them its his butt on the firing line first and he has given them all the rope they need to hang themselves and the team. "The players have performed and performed better than the coaching staff to this point - and that needs to change starting tonight." He is not changing the coaches decision making, he is going to hold them accountable for the results... and tells them to give him their reports before the evening pre-game skate. The meeting breaks up and everybody leaves... Jo smiles approvingly at Bonehead as she cleans up and walks out.

The lineups are set and Bonehead is going to roll four lines equally and the defensive pairings are equal with Gudbranson/Weaver holding the third pair and1st PK, Kulikov/Robak second pair and 2PP.

The opening puck is dropped and the Lightning are clearly taking it to the Panthers, With the puck deep in the Panthers end, D Eric Gudbranson and Bolt's LW Ryan Malone mix it up a little after the whistle when D Radko Gudas grabs Gudbranson and starts facewashing him... Everybody is in on the pileup now and Gudbranson drops the gloves and starts swinging wildly...Gudas is quickly pummeling Gudbranson who now is trying to lock up Gudas and cannot get his opponent's right arm pinned. Gudas wins that bout pretty convincingly and Bonehead is standing on the bench screaming at the refs to call third man in but only concurrent majors are called on the fighters. Now with just over seven minutes remaining the Lightning ice the puck and Coach Ramsay yells "One and One" for the first line and D pair to go on ice. This tactic works as C Nick Bjugstad wins the draw to D Tom Gilbert who immediately wrists a shot towards the net! Score!!! The puck was definitely deflected, who is now the question, and while the booth reviews it the Panthers skate by the bench bumping gloves. LW Tomas Fleischmann is given credit for the goal after review and the play resumes with the center ice draw. Lightning D Victor Hedman clears the center ice line and does a dump in that G Markstrom starts going around he net to corral... Only the puck isn't there! Hedman used an inadvertent screen by Captain Brian Campbell to let the puck go around waist high right by Campbell's hip and then continued the with the stick like it was a wraparound... For THE GOAL! Markstrom couldn't get back in time! Oh MY!!! The Lightning bench is going nuts! Linemates are mobbing Hedman, congratulating him on the play. Lets see the sheet here... 14 seconds after Fleischmann's goal the Bolts tie it up! Unbelievable! The ref is in the circle waiting for the centermen to line up...
A minute later the Lightning get the go-ahead goal from C Nate Thompson and go in the locker room up 2 - 1 and ahead in shots 17 - 8.

The intermission period is a quiet one and Bonehead tells the players to shake it off and play their game. He reminds them they just beat the Eastern Conference leader pretty convincingly just two nights ago by 3 goals. Now get out there and play hard! He shakes his head no at the coaches who are proposing changes and walks the tunnel back out to the bench.

The second period is much tighter for the Panthers even though the Lightning increase thier shot total lead to 28 -15, no additional scoring occurs. Bonehead and Coach McCabe are both yapping at the officials over the minor penalties called on the Panthers as a total of 4 minor penalties have been called on the Panthers blueliners and none on Tampa Bay who are doing the same things in their end... The refs tell the bench to cool it or face a penalty. Bonehead is still talking to the ref as the players go to the dressing room.
The second intermission has the blueliners griping in the locker room about the calls and Bonehead tells them to knock it off... a lack of shots is the culprit and he tells Coach Ramsay to "Unleash the Beast" and everybody laughs... This is the code to shoot the lights out at the opposing net! It should make an interesting third period! The coaches don't even ask about any other changes and stick the plans in their pockets as the team goes out the tunnel...

The yapping pays off as within the first 90 seconds the Bolt's D are called for hooking and the PP units takes the ice but to no avail. The 10:56 mark is the letdown as D Matt Carle scores to make it 3 - 1 Lightning. There are only two more penalties called in the period and neither results in a PP goal. But D Dimitry Kulikov hammers one in over the Bolts goalie shoulder with 3:06 remaining and that's how the game ends, a disappointing 3 - 2 loss.

The post-game press conference is chock full of questions about the officiating and the Lightning getting 40 shots to 28 for the Panthers. Bonehead tells the press that the Bolts came prepared to play us and that the league reviews all the games for the officials and he doesn't want a fine for badmouthing them here... There is more questioning and finally Bonehead has had enough, he answers another question about the officiating by saying "what I care about is our PK - the boys killed off SIX PP opportunities and that's something good to take away from all this"... His temper is evident and the press doesn't ask any more questions. The "War Room" is going to burn midnight oil tonight...383100d1423792119-dynasty-florida-panthe383101d1423792119-dynasty-florida-panthe383102d1423792119-dynasty-florida-panthe

Oct 27th 2013
SCORES
SJS - 5 OTT - 1 The hard luck Sharks finally put it all together with the help of three first period PP goals. LW Tomas Hertl (7.5d/8.5d) had three helpers and was named First Star for his efforts. G Antti Niemi (8.0b/8.5b) turned away 27 of 28 shots for his third win on the season.
WPG - 3 COL - 4 The Av's rode to victory on two third period goals to overcome a strong Winnipeg effort. RW Nathan MacKinnon (7.5d/9.5d) scored and added an assist on the evening for the First Star honors.
EDM - 1 LAK - 5 The Kings established dominance early with four goals in the first period. Kings D Keaton Ellerby (6.5c) and D Matt Greene (7.0b) were both +3 and scored a goal and a helper each to pace the victors at home.
ANA - 5 CLB - 1 The scores were nearly identical all over the league tonight and the dominance followed a similar pattern here. The Ducks jumped out to a four goal cushion in the second period before the home team could score and rode the lead to an easy finish. Ducks G Jonas Hiller (8.0c) handled 29 of 30 shots for his fifth win.

In other NHL news;
FLA - LW Johnathan Huberdeau received a neck laceration that did not keep him out of the game tonight. After training staff and doctors looked at it, they concurred he should not play for around a week to let it heal properly. Huberdeau did not appreciate hearing the result, loudly letting the locker room know he was going to continue playing...
CLB - G Sergei Bobrovsky had a terrible night in goal and after being pulled it was discovered he was suffering from a groin muscle injury. Early estimates are for a four to six week recovery period. Team officials said roster moves will be forthcoming.
DAL - D Kevin Connauton was placed on the I.R today by the team. This player has not suited up for the Stars yet this year and its unknown what roster moves the Stars will make to fill his position.
MIN - Surprising almost no one, the Wild have reached a deal with the Carolina Hurricanes, getting $2M D Ron Hainsley (6.5d)for $1M C Zenon Knopoka (6.5c) and 21 y/o minor leaguer D Colton Jobke (5.9d/6.0d) These players have been openly shopped by both clubs and will report as soon as they clear their physicals.

SCORES *** OCT 28th 2013 ***
DAL - 3 BUF - 2 The Sabres credibility as a powerhouse this season took another hit tonight as the Stars bested the Sabres at the First Niagara Center. RW Valeri Nichuskin (6.5c/8.0c) scored both ES goals for the Stars for the First Star honors, with LW Jamie Benn (8.0b/8.5b) and RW Alex Chiasson (7.0a/7.5a) scored in the shootout for the win.
CHI - 2 MIN - 1 The Blackhawks bested the Wild again in a home and home series, each time by one goal. This time it was RW Brandon Saad (7.5b/8.5b) scoring twice in regulation and it probably could have been worse as Wild G Josh Harding (8.0b) turned away 37 of 39 shots on goal and made several sparkling saves to keep it competitive until the end.
PIT - 1 CAR - 5 The Hurricanes shook off a two game losing streak and took their frustration out on the visitors. G Cam Ward (8.0d) continued his strong start and still has an amazing .957 save percentage. Line mates LW Jeff Skinner (1G/2A) and C Eric Staal (2G/1A) both had three point nights in the easy win.
WAS - 2 VAN - 3 The Canucks used goals by LW Chris Higgins (7.5c) and RW Alex Burrows (7.5d) to run out to a 2 - 0 lead after the first period only to see the Caps score twice in a 4 second span to tie up the game. The third period saw D Dan Hamhuis (8.0d) score early and the defense was able to hold that lead until the final horn.
MTL - 1 NYR - 5 The Rangers and Canadiens kept it close for two periods before a three goal outburst sealed the win for the home team. D Michael Del Zotto (7.5b) had a two point night (1G/1A) and G Henrik Lundqvist (8.5c) won his eighth game and also has a superior .1.60 GAA and a 949 save percentage.

In other NHL news;

FLA - Coach Ramsay and LW Johnathan Huberdeau are escorted into Boneheads office to discuss Huberdeau’s locker room outburst. At the advice of Coach Ramsay Huberdeau was not called in until the following morning.
After pleasantries and refreshments were offered by Jo, Bonehead again abandons the “behind the desk” approach and slides his desk chair over to the couch and coffee table. Huberdeau is still initially defiant about sitting out, but Coach Ramsay is very persuasive and by the end of the meeting Bonehead has said virtually nothing and Huberdeau is agreeing to be deactivated as long as he is not placed on the I.R.
Bonehead marvels that Coach Ramsay is not a NHL head coach and vows to talk to Craig about his plans for moving up the ranks. After Huberdeau leaves the office with handshakes all around, the rest of the coaches come filing in and the roster shuffle possibilities are first taken under discussion.

The decision is to move Shawn Matthias to the 4th line LW and Sean Bergenheim will fill Huberdeau’s 2nd line spot. C Drew Shore is going to play 3rd line Center and pending results, this will stay for the duration of the injury.

When Bonehead comes back from lunch, his desk is stacked with three piles of folders each over one foot high... "OK whats the joke here?" ponders Bonehead as he comes around the desk, Jo quickly leans in and announces that its scouting reports delivered just after he left for lunch by Garrett Doyle before he had to leave to catch a flight for his scouting job. As Bonehead goes over the reports from each scout he notices there is no summary or grading of prospects that he expected. He has Jo call in some staff members to move these files to the "War Room" and vows to have a conversation with Doyle before this type of data dump is pulled on him again. In the meanwhile Coach Pauwelyn is given the dirty task of making heads or tails of the reports.

Oct 28th Weekly Stats
Bonehead makes the weekly call and of course the owner is not available to take his call... Bonehead calls Jo in and tells her to fax the weekly stats reports to the owners office when the coaches meeting is done... "and try and make it sound nice, OK?" Jo smiles and answers that she is friendly with the owners secretary and will handle it.

Bonehead knows as she swishes out of his office that he was caught staring at her assets... He shakes his head and knows he needs to get his head back into the reviews, NOT on the off limits employees... Lets review, a good win vs. Buffalo, a decent loss vs. Chicago, and a never-should-have-happened loss against Tampa Bay has the team falling back to .500 again.384070d1424234436-dynasty-florida-panthe384071d1424234436-dynasty-florida-panthe384072d1424234436-dynasty-florida-panthe

Oct 28th Free Agents

Bonehead agrees with Ryan Stewart that Ian White, a 29 y/o D who played with Detroit deserves a second look and he tells Stewart to fly out and get a intensive scouting report on him. Stewart surprisingly voices the opinion that D Gilroy and D Robak are virtually identical players but Robak's toughness is needed more by the Panthers... He also voices the opinion that White will add some toughness to the lineup if he works out.384075d1424236384-dynasty-florida-panthe384076d1424236384-dynasty-florida-panthe

Oct 29th 2013 (Really, I mean it this time)

SCORES
NYR - 6 NYI - 3 The Rangers traveled out to the Island and promptly disposed of the struggling Isles. C Brad Richards (8.0b) (2G/2A) had a four point evening and assisted twice on RW Rick Nash’s (8.5d) two first period goals. RW Mats Zuccarello (7.5c) (1G/2A) also chipped in with three points and +2 on the scoreboard
TBY - 1 NJD - 0 The Bolts are back at .500 after a tense thrilling defensive gem where both goalies stole the show. The Lightning’s G Ben Bishop (7.5a/8.0a)won the game on the strength of 33 saves, while Devil’s G Cory Schneider (8.0b/8.5b) did his part in stopping 36 pf 37 attempts on the Devils net. The only score of the evening came later in the second period as LW Alex Killorn (7.0b/7.5b) jammed a second rebound over a sprawled out Schneider.
TOR - 1 EDM - 6 The Maple Leafs started a three game road trip at Rexall Place in Edmonton and were soundly thrashed from the opening drop of the puck. The Oilers scored four goals on seven PP opportunities although shots were a deceptively even 31-30 Edmonton. D Justin Schultz (7.5d/8.0d) (2G/1A) took home First Star honors with two PP goals and a three point night. Oilers G Devan Dubnyk (6.5b/7.0b) also won his seventh game of the season.
ANA - 1 PHI - 5 The Flyers welcomed the Ducks to the Wells Fargo Center then rudely upended them never trailing in the game despite being outshot 34-29 and then used three third period goals to ice the game. The Fly- guys top line of LW Vinny LeCavalier/ C Sean Couturier/ and RW Jakub Voracek were all +3 for the contest and LeCavalier (1G/2A) and Voracek (1G1A) both had multi point evenings.
OTT - 3 CHI - 5 The ice surface was obviously tilted as all but one of the goals scored tonight were scored in the visitors end. The Blackhawks got three goals in the opening stanza to run up a 3 -1 lead, then the second period was the Senators turn to score twice to tie up the game, before the Blackhawks closed out the game with two more third period goals in the visitors net. C Patrick Sharp( 8.5a) (1G/2A) had a three point game which awarded him the First Star game honors. The Senators Bobby Ryan (8.0d) scored twice in the losing cause.
LAK - 2 ARZ -3 The Kings left home after a successful 3-0 -1 homestand and were stunned on the road by a determined Coyotes squad. Arizona outshot the visitors 34-26 and all of the scoring came in the first two periods. The third period was reserved for the rough stuff as there were several skirmishes and the Yotes Martin Hanzall went after Dan Carcillo and a spirited scrum occurred. Veteran Arizona D Derek Morris waited until just before those major penalties expired before he tried to pick a fight with RW Jeff Carter, but call-up RW Jordan Nolan intercepted him and they danced instead to the crowds delight. The Kings ineptitude on the PP was evidenced by an 0 - 6 collar on the scoresheet and the mark in the loss column. I don’t think the Kings or the Coyotes will be forgetting this game soon and both teams look forward to the rematch on Jan 28th.
DAL - 4 MON - 6 This contest at the Bell Centre was a strange one as the Canadiens built up a 4 - 1 lead after two periods on just 22 shots. Then the third period occurred and all defensive pretense was lost as the Stars scored 3 of 5 third period goals even though the shot totals were 16 - 9 Canadiens! RW Danny Briere (6.5b) scored twice and C Ryan White (6.5c) (1G/2A) and RW Brendan Gallagher (7.5b/8.0b) (1G/2A) both had three point evenings for the Habs.
WPG - 5 STL - 6 The Blues needed every point RW TJ Oshie (2G/2A) (8.0a) and C David Backes (2G/0A) (8.0b) could score tonight as the Blues went a game over .500 on an OT goal from Backes to turn back the visiting Jets. Jets youngster C Nic Petan (5.5e/7.5e) scored twice with only 7:54 of ice time and LW Evander Kane (8.0b/8.5b) (0G/1A) and C Bryan Little (8.0c) (1G/0A) would like to forget tonight ever happened as the both had a -3 on the plus/minus ledger.

NO other NHL news;

Scouting Update
My scouts have finally gotten around to the four week interval and there are some interesting reports.
Central Europe: Scout Nils Maazel Evaluate Ability (14) & Potential (15)... Coaching ability G=9/D=19/F=16/P=4 Scouted 64 players and found 12 player with 6.5 potential or better.
My top three are below384516d1424404008-dynasty-florida-panthe384517d1424404008-dynasty-florida-panthe384518d1424404008-dynasty-florida-panthe

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this