Sign in to follow this  
Blackbeard

Does anyone know anything about FM 2020?

I'm wondering if anyone on the site knows anything about Football Manager 2020? Is the game difficult to play as far as knowing about soccer which (I know very little)? I'm interested in writing a game review.

First let me tell you why I want to know.

I was associated with a PC game review site named Hooked Gamers in the past where I wrote game reviews. I have been away from that for a while and want to get back in to reviewing games.

I was looking at the manager games available on your site and was wondering if anyone knew how I could get a review copy from the game producers? I did a bit of research on the game itself and I think it might be a good candidate for a review since it was just released a day or two ago. The site I review for only publishes articles about new games and FM 2020 would be a good subject.

I looked up the minimum system specs and my lap top apparently can run the game. (Has anyone ever run any earlier versions of the game and how was the performance.) I have had problems with finding review material to review due to not having a good gaming rig. Thus I have pretty much been limited to writing a few tech articles here and there.

So with that said, does anyone know who to contact about getting a review copy or should I let my sites admin just contact the developers or Sega?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Hey blackbeard, I'm the guy behind the scenes keeping the content as current & relevant as possible. We normally have a network of volunteers submit content as obsessed gamers of the sim community but has been dwindling a bit. Right now we have a spot to review ice hockey (FHM6) with nobody stepping up just yet. 

As for FM20, I'm sure you've seen it on our site, which likely triggered your interest here. I can drop them a line and say we have someone looking to write a potential review. We're pretty indie here, so let me look up some email addresses and fire away.

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | reddit | twitch

Thanks for the reply Chris.

I noticed that you do have FM2020 available for download.

Is your version on the site the full version or a demo? Generally we play the demo in order to write a preview and get the full version when doing the review because in many cases there might be updates and additional content present in the full version when it's released. Since the game has been released, that kind of makes a preview be unnecessary.

I'll reach out to my editor on Hooked Gamers and let him know that I would like to write a review. He won't have any problems with that I'm sure. Since the game just came out the other day, it's a perfect time to do a review and try to beat other sites and their reviews of the game.

I can give you his contact info if you want. We down load the games for review on Steam and the publisher provides a code to open up the full version.

Of course I will post links on the GM Games site of the review which will be published on Hooked Gamers. I always give credits to developer, publisher and in this case your forum and site and anyone else deserving of a credit.

When was or is FHM6 released. I'll check that one out as well and could possibly do a review or preview if not released yet. of course everything depends on my work lap top being able to run the games. I checked the specs for FM20 and my computer should be able to run it. 🙂

9 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

Thanks for the reply Chris.

I noticed that you do have FM2020 available for download.

Is your version on the site the full version or a demo? Generally we play the demo in order to write a preview and get the full version when doing the review because in many cases there might be updates and additional content present in the full version when it's released. Since the game has been released, that kind of makes a preview be unnecessary.

I'll reach out to my editor on Hooked Gamers and let him know that I would like to write a review. He won't have any problems with that I'm sure. Since the game just came out the other day, it's a perfect time to do a review and try to beat other sites and their reviews of the game.

I can give you his contact info if you want. We down load the games for review on Steam and the publisher provides a code to open up the full version.

Of course I will post links on the GM Games site of the review which will be published on Hooked Gamers. I always give credits to developer, publisher and in this case your forum and site and anyone else deserving of a credit.

When was or is FHM6 released. I'll check that one out as well and could possibly do a review or preview if not released yet. of course everything depends on my work lap top being able to run the games. I checked the specs for FM20 and my computer should be able to run it. 🙂

Just to be clear, when we list download on our site, it's a link to the game e-commerce or a freeware location. 

Reviews with us will need you put together a mini bio for the author profile. Plus we have a scoring system at the bottom of our reviews we would need to discuss as the format. 

Of note, I've been in touch with the lead marketing person at Football Manager (Sports Interactive). Looks like we'll have a copy coming soon for your purpose. I'll reach out to you next by email or inbox.

For now, let's keep this thread for anyone who wants to discuss the new version. Cheers

email [email protected]

Thanks for the info. I got a full review copy from SEGA myself and will be playing it and will be writing a review!

First impression is that it looks very good. 🙂

5 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

Thanks for the info. I got a full review copy from SEGA myself and will be playing it and will be writing a review!

First impression is that it looks very good. 🙂

It's regarded as the best sim/manager series ever created. The gold standard for these types of games. We all look forward to reading your take. 

email [email protected]

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this