Sign in to follow this  
rainsilent

Something I have never seen before.

0 0 0 2 0 0 2 1 0 0 - 00:00 00:00 10:00 87

That is the stat line of a 4th line defensive forward. The player overall wise is below average for the league and this was a close game. 87 performance rating with no points for that kind of player I have never seen before.

Just for the record, that is +2 with no points, no shots, 2 hits and one blocked shot. Assistants report had 80 role, 90 defense, 80 offense, and 80 physicality.

That's my kind of player!

I have a couple of guys who occasionally post those stat lines.  Great defensively, suck offensively.  Langevin and Prince come to mind.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Even defensive players can dominate a game in the short time they are on the ice. I've seen them get individual game ratings in the low 80s before but never high 80s.

I made this public not only because I never have seen this before. I also posted this because in the chat not too long ago I saw a few people say that defensive players tend to get lower game ratings than offensive players. Well, something of the like anyways.

in the chat not too long ago I saw a few people say that defensive players tend to get lower game ratings than offensive players. Well, something of the like anyways.

That might have been me as I said something similar, but it was more around PK and PP.

For example, similar players who get 20 minutes of ice time, but the first gets 4 mins on the PP and the second gets 4 mins on the PK, the player that was on the power play would have a higher performance.  Not all the time, but in general, it seems.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Here is another one. I've never seen a skater with a 90 or higher game rating. Until this.

2 1 3 1 0 2 1 0 0 1 - 05:00 00:00 14:30

That is a 1st line forward with 2 goals, 1 assist, 3 points, +1, 2 shots, 1 hit and one takeaway. How is that a 1st line forward with only 14:30 of TOI? The game was a massive PIM fest for both teams. My team alone neared 30 PIMs.

Here is another one. I've never seen a skater with a 90 or higher game rating. Until this.

2 1 3 1 0 2 1 0 0 1 - 05:00 00:00 14:30

That is a 1st line forward with 2 goals, 1 assist, 3 points, +1, 2 shots, 1 hit and one takeaway. How is that a 1st line forward with only 14:30 of TOI? The game was a massive PIM fest for both teams. My team alone neared 30 PIMs.

Lol maybe coach benched him for attitude problems lol \^/