Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Not trying to be the referee of the league here, but I feel like this needed to be documented.  Eric resigned from the powerhouse Union today.  We are unsure if this was intentional or subscription related.  What was discussed in chat (among 6-7 Cage managers) was to leave the team alone for a couple of days in case he comes back or the team is taken over by another manager.

Obviously there are some good players to be had and there are conflicting thoughts on trading with Computer teams.  Rather than try to ban it, it is probably best to continue to accept trading with Computer teams, but do it fairly.  A few managers had put in offers, but agreed to withdraw those offers for a day or two.

Here's what I think we should do:

1) If any trades are put through with Union on Day 2/today, those trades should be reversed by the mods.

2) Decide when to open the floodgates - Day 3, 4, 5...

Hopefully some others will chime in here over the next 12 hours so we can come to a general consensus.  I don't really have an opinion on #2, but suppose majority vote over the next 12-18 hours will prevail.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted October 07, 2019 - 04:20 PM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable
Well said.

I would just hold off from trading with Union for 5 days or so, maybe he comes back or someone else takes the team.

Posted October 08, 2019 - 05:14 AM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON
Damn. Was hoping this would get more replies. The good news is we got through a day without offers - but not sure how long that will hold. It’s only a matter of time until someone who isn’t regular in chat or forums makes an offer. I think at this point Eric is gone and 5 days might be a stretch. And the mods are clear about computer trading being part of the game.

Personally, I am going to hold off until trades start flowing in. Then the competitive juices will ignite and I will feel obligated to see if I can make a better offer :-D

Sorry again if it seems like I was trying to referee the situation. Just wanted to give Eric the chance to rejoin if it was a subscription issue.

Posted October 08, 2019 - 06:17 AM

Wendel Clark

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

I'm not gonna try to trade with them at least. Not today, not in three days, not in... well you get the picture.

Posted October 08, 2019 - 08:30 AM

Tyrod Gibson

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCalgary

Here's to hoping he comes back!

Posted October 08, 2019 - 08:40 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

I'm fine not trying to trade with Union ever, but agree that if just 1-2 managers get stacked offers, it is not only unfair, it totally takes the fun out of the game.  Kind of surprised that someone hasn't swooped in to take over since it's an amazing team and at the GHL level.  

Posted October 08, 2019 - 08:56 AM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Well, I definitely agree with you guys.  But I'll say it for the 100th time, there are manager to manager trades that are much worse than trading with Computer teams (from both me and probably everyone else in this thread) - so I won't play the moral superiority game.  Hehe :P

Kind of surprised that someone hasn't swooped in to take over since it's an amazing team and at the GHL level.  

Paging littleb and/or Pingu.....

Posted October 09, 2019 - 01:55 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Well, I definitely agree with you guys.  But I'll say it for the 100th time, there are manager to manager trades that are much worse than trading with Computer teams (from both me and probably everyone else in this thread) - so I won't play the moral superiority game.  Hehe :P

Agree with you here and guilty as charged.  But at least you have another person agreeing to it.  Granted the computer AI is a lot better (and maybe better than ME when it comes to trade analysis) than it used to be, but it just opens up this never ending saga that has plagued this and other online community games since Day 1.  That's why I'd rather just see it go away so it is one less thing to make people quit playing over.

Posted October 09, 2019 - 03:19 PM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Agree with you here and guilty as charged.  But at least you have another person agreeing to it.  Granted the computer AI is a lot better (and maybe better than ME when it comes to trade analysis) than it used to be, but it just opens up this never ending saga that has plagued this and other online community games since Day 1.  That's why I'd rather just see it go away so it is one less thing to make people quit playing over.

If it were up to me I would have computer teams locked from trading for 2-3 days following a manager resign (for many reasons that I'm too tired to list right now).  Then after 2-3 days it's open game and everyone has a fair opportunity to get in their bids.  I feel like computer trading has been a lot better recently and if people are willing to give up a bit to get something in return, then have at it.  I also feel like there should be a limit to how many players you can include in the transaction. Like 2 player max for every 1 in return.  So no more 5 for 1s.  Trading is already flawed with the promotion/relegation system, it easy to exploit.   

Posted October 10, 2019 - 09:15 AM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

OK - it was going to happen eventually.  Managers who aren't regulars on the forums or in chat are starting to offer trades to Union. 

Is this game on?

Posted October 10, 2019 - 09:48 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • 25 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

If you know how to force a trade with the AI you can still get the AI to accept bad trades. That said preying on managers that don't know how to tell a bad trade seems to be easier. The thing is those managers already traded most of their quality away.

Posted October 10, 2019 - 10:09 AM

Tyrod Gibson

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCalgary

i'd say game on, its been a few days, i just made what i believe to be a fair offer to the union since it doesn't look like Eric is coming back :(

Posted October 10, 2019 - 10:36 AM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

it doesn't look like Eric is coming back :(

Nope. I had a feeling this was the case.

OK, game on.  May the fairest offers get the prize.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users