Wick Schozen

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Tried to offer some of my 20 year old players contract extensions. When I go to the contract page the only available option I have is a one year entry level contract extension. But that would kick in when they are 21, so I assume there must be a bug here. 

Posted October 06, 2019 - 11:15 PM

Kyle44

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2019
Rep - Helpful

Tried to offer some of my 20 year old players contract extensions. When I go to the contract page the only available option I have is a one year entry level contract extension. But that would kick in when they are 21, so I assume there must be a bug here. 

This has been around for a while and I actually like this feature.  Also 20 year old will only sign an elc contract for about half the season, then it goes to full-on extension.

Some people may not like it, but as a cap team it offers me an extra year of flexibility.  Plus you have to catch it early

Posted October 06, 2019 - 11:32 PM

Wick Schozen

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Oh ok, so it's not a bug but something new in the 2.0 version? I do kind of like that, almost like an RFA situation. 

Posted October 07, 2019 - 12:46 AM

Kyle44

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

It may still be a bug but I don't personally see an issue with it.  I don't think it is cheap since you'd already be resigning them.  I find it is more useful for low 80 players in the GHL, since some of them will reject any 2way deal offered to them.  This gives them an extra year of growth in the minors and makes it so you don't have to waste a roster spot on a kid who will sit for almost the entire season on the main squad.

Posted October 07, 2019 - 12:47 AM

Kyle44

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

It also gives you a reason to resign players earlier in the year if you know that their demand could change like that

Posted October 08, 2019 - 04:45 AM

suomyyra

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Helpful
  • Sebastian Taggart, Season 2, GHL, Drafted by the Bodmin Bangers (GHL) as the 2nd round, 39th pick
  • Sebastian just made entry level contract with 2year term. Shouldnt it be automatically 3 years, since he is 18yrs old?
  •  

Posted October 08, 2019 - 06:21 AM

Wendel Clark

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

It's probably gonna sort itself to its right duration of 3 years. If it doesn't, then of course something is still wrong. I remember having similar issues in the beginning of the last season, entry level contracts showing one year less than they should have for several players. I was monitoring the situation and it got/was corrected at some point, quite early too if my memory serves me right.

Posted October 16, 2019 - 08:26 AM

suomyyra

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Helpful
Still the same

Posted October 16, 2019 - 10:46 AM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I've had a few players this happened to as well.  Loiselle for example.  During the final year of their contract they will sign an additional year at entry level.  I think just an annoying glitch if drafted players are offered a contract "too soon" (after draft on Day 108, but before Day 1 of the following season).  In the long run, there's no impact on overall length and salary over the 3 year entry level period.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users