franklc

Front Page Sports Football Pro 98

4 hours ago, oly3 said:

Can you play this online against others, is there leagues?

Yes, there are still leagues out there.ย  PNFL and USAFL are two of the last ones.

ย 

pnfl.bizย 

usafl.net

I loved Sierra or Front Page Sports baseball just as much as the football.

I can't believe in a QUARTER CENTURY no one has had the ability or desire to make anything close to what these games were.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:46 PM, brad836 said:

Seems to be running great for me in Windows 10!ย  I've been playing it constantly.ย  Used top play this when I was little so great to have it again.ย  Are there any tweaks that I should know about?ย ย 

Google โ€˜VPNFLโ€™. Download the original files and the VPNFL02 update. Read the โ€˜read meโ€™ file and prepare to be amazed at how well that system works with the base game. The ratings are streamlined and the custom plays and profiles really use the game engine to make the game play like the NFL

On 1/20/2019 at 3:51 PM, tommills1968 said:

So this is 100% updates to 1.08?ย  Also how do we get this to full screen on Win 10 in game mode and play editor mode?

Go to the setup.ini file.ย 

6 hours ago, Gambo187 said:

Downloaded and can't get to run on my 10 64-bit. Setup just hangs...following the 3 or 4 step readme. Maybe I'm missing something?

Try to run the file in compatibility mode and see if this helps.ย 

Interested in playing in an online FBPRO98 league?ย 

Both the PNFL and XFBS have openings in their leagues and would love some new coaches to join. Both leagues are in their offseason so it's the best time to make a team your own. PNFL is NFL style and XFBS is NCAA style.

Both leagues use the PNFL's play pool, so all a coach does is run their offseason then send in roster moves and profiles and plans during the regular season. ย 

The PNFL commissioner records most games and makes them available for viewing on YouTube. For my league, I tend to do this only for big games as I don't have as much time as the PNFL commissioner to play & record 9 games every week (he probably is using a macro). :P

Edited by xfbscommish

18 hours ago, jwhite said:

How does this game compare to FOF8?

FBPro98 is a graphical football simulator with limited GM and robust coaching capabilities.ย  FOF8 is much more immersive, but not graphical.

I'm so happy that somebody took care of making an update for Win 10 x64 systems. The game still rocks. You should definitely install the VPNFL Mod as well, it can be found in the downlaod section.

which do you choose?ย  I pick FBPro football game over Madden playstion/xbox 7days a week.

Why?ย  It fosters creativity and allows one to design and coach.ย  For example, believe it or not,ย  i started using anย  offensive formation I had never seen before back in the mid 90's and still have plays in playbook.ย  All of my friends laughed and said I didnt know anything about offense and should stick to defense.ย  Ive had the best rushing games since weve been palying for over 20yrs..ย  Its now what is known in then NFL as the "Pistol " formaton.ย  Hummm :)

anyone else have a story like this, Id like to hear from you.

ย 

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now