interstellarshadow

Saving the Sonics - A basketball Dynasty [JumpShot]

Before I work and get enough money to pay for better products, I thought I’d try a dynasty write up, using a free simulator. To start: The scene.

I set up a league that is identical to today’s, but with a couple differences (BTW Charlotte’s name change has been noted). Those differences include all fantasy players, as I actually prefer it that way and instead of there being the Oklahoma City Thunder, that team is back in Seattle, as the Sonics.

Enter Dr Ben Steward. Dr Steward will be our GM character. He has just been hired by the Sonics to help build the team. The league, plagued by teams that cannot compete, has organised a complete redraft of all players.

After all the dust of the draft settles, these are our Players.

Starters:

·         PG: Jaret Kiddoo, 28 y.o., 6’2”, 182 lbs

o   Everyone’s favourite type of point guard – he can drive, shoot, handle, and pass, though his defence is his weak spot. At 28 he is sitting right at his prime, so if he can just improve his D a bit, all will be well here.

·         SG: Jesus Blackstone, 23 y.o, 6’1”, 173

o   While not actually a SG, he blows the other guards on the team out of the water, and can really play. In a couple years, he could even eclipse Kiddoo. He is a very similar player, if a little worse at controlling the ball, and a bit better on D.

·         SF: Deondre Berthiaume, 28, 6’7”, 202

o   The cream of our team’s crop, Deondre is a complete offensive player, and adds an excellent rebounding ability and disruptive defensive skills to the mix. Not one to create his own shot as much, he still has decent passing abilities.

·         PF: Derrick Small: 30, 6’8”, 254

o   He might look a bit on the short side, but don’t let that fool you. He really knows how to piss you off on the defensive side of the floor. Add that to elite level rebounding, and you have a force you don’t want to see barrelling down the floor at you.

·         C: Drake Kolomeyer: 27, 6’10”, 249

o   He might not be built as much like a bull as Small, but Kolomeyer is a good rebounding a defensive presence who can knock down the outside shot. He’s good for floor spacing, Playmaking, and general control of flow. Think of him as more of an offensive minded Joakim Noah.

Bench (By order of rotation):

·         SG: Sinclair Sutton

·         PG: Edgar Blew

·         C: Kamron Taylor

·         SF: Karl Barnett

·         PF: Winslow Graham

Expect the unexpected from this bench. Projected wins: 52

Game 1: vs Blazers (0-0):

We grabbed an early lead that we never really relinquished. The best play came from the two leading scorers, both ours, Deondre B. and D-Small. Deondre was a monster, scoring 45, on 13-27 shooting, including making both of his 3-point attempts. He also collected 11 boards, 2 steals and a block. D-Small (who certainly isn’t small) decided to take a different approach; he crashed the glass, grabbing 14 boards, and shooting 8-16 for 25 points. He also decided to grab any ball that wasn’t well protected, with six steals, and protected the rim with a couple blocks. Blazers PF Carter Coppinger led their team, with 21 points, shooting only 9 for 26.

Blazers vs Sonics Game Stats

Name

min

fgm

fga

3gm

3ga

ftm

fta

orb

reb

ast

stl

to

blk

pf

pts

Terence Mann

Dominick Cooley

Auston Dewell

Spencer Barlow

Daniel Shephard

Nikolas Durrett

Carter Coppinger

Jamel Roberts

Chandler Schiopp

Brayden Frank

Blazers

Jesus Blackstone

Jaret Kiddoo

Sinclair Sutton

Deondre Berthiau

Karl Barnett

Derrick Small

Winslow Graham

Drake Kolomeyer

Kamron Taylor

Edgar Blew

Sonics

My projects:

Saving the Sonics - NBA basketball Dynasty (Fantasy Players)

Football World 2013 - Data editing a new world for fantasy soccer simulations

PCF International - International Pro Basketball (Real Players)

Current Record: 1-0 (T-2nd West)

@ Blazers (0-1):

The home-and-home series ends in a nailbiter, with the Blazers coming back from a deficit in the third, ending with a three-point advantage at the final buzzer. D.B. had 36 and 10, while the opposing SF, Daniel Shepard, also scored 36, adding 5 steals to the total. Jesus had 17 points, and Sinclair Sutton had a respectable 18, but we still couldn’t hold them off in the end. A 115-118 loss.

Nov 12, vs Wizards (1-4):

We go into this game with a nice little break, and it pays dividends, as we outscore the Wizards 111-96. D.B. scored 31, and crashed as usual, grabbing 11. Small chose not to take as much of an offensive load again, but passed the ball well, for 4 assists, 13 points, and 4 boards – he also got a couple o’ blocks. Drake decided that tonight was his night, however, and scored 20 on 8-13 shooting (3-4 from the charity stripe), and had five boards, four steals, and 4 assists, completing the 4x4 (not a real thing). Wizards PG Aric Bridges led them in scoring with 26, also garnering 9 assists.

Nov 15, @ Kings (4-5):

Kings SF Jon Eckman goes for 32 in another close loss (I feel like the T-wolves). Derrick Small, despite 8 offensive boards, only gets 10 points, on 5 for 14 shooting (I guess it wasn’t his night), he totalled 15 on the night, but only had a single block and steal. D.B. scored 23, and I wish he was able to have taken, and made just one 3. Sinclair went off, scoring 5 threes, on 7 attempts and had 26. The only thing I can point to for this loss was that we allowed to high a percentage of made field goals (53.6%) The issue wasn’t the perimeter, which only shot 27%, but the inside. The score was 97-99.

Nov 16, @ Warriors (2-5):

We come back, behind 29 points from Jaret, who only played 17 minutes against the Kings in a poor performance on his part. He shot 13-24, and gathered 5 dimes. The most impressive, however, might be Drake, who had 10 points, 10 boards, and 8 assists in a real point-centre performance. Small also got a double-double with 11 points and 10 boards. W 117-108.

Nov 17 @ Rockets (3-3):

The game’s box score bugged out, but we floundered in a 70-84 loss to a team that we needed to beat. I blame the fact that we were playing our third game back-to-back, away from home.

Nov 19, vs Warriors (2-6):

The Warriors, who haven’t played us since we faced them at the Oracle Arena, will be itching to get revenge, while, despite the rest I told the coach to give the players yesterday, I think that many players might be too tired to truly care. When the players were shooting around, Blackstone decided that it would be amusing to throw a shot from the bench – it went in – and from then I knew the day would be a good day. They stepped out strong, burning the Dubs for 40 in the first quarter and we rode the lead to the end. It was a little dicey in the fourth, but we pulled away in the end for an 8 point lead, finishing 126-118.

Jesus Blackstone led the team in scoring, with 26 (on 11-19 shooting), while the game-high honours go to SG Trevon Peyton (of the Warriors) who had 30. Double A (Adam Adams – yes, Adam Adams) had 24 points to go with 12 assists and a few boards for the Dubs as well. Derrick Small decided he was going to try for as many boards as possible, collecting 18. He also added 12 of 13 free throws, with 5 field goals for 22.

It wasn’t a good day for defences, with only a couple turnovers on either side, with neither team reaching double-digit TO’s.  All in all, a good win, pushing us back over .500.

Nov 20, @ Suns (2-2):

Man, this is a busy part of the schedule. The Suns have had it easy so far, playing only four games during the first 18 days of the season. Both of us are on the second leg of a back to back, so I hope we can show that we are the better team at the American Airlines Centre. D.B. scored 36 tonight, but the overall team effort was lacking, getting outrebounded by 14 (48-62). That and the Suns’ distributed effort, with 4 players scoring 21 or more, was what sunk us in a nailbiting overtime game. We let them gain the lead early on, and were chasing from behind all game.

Nov 22, vs Suns (3-3):

The Suns are pulling the same triple game trip as we did, and have fared about as well so far. Let’s hope that we can hand them a loss, defending the Key Arena in downtown Seattle.

And we let them gain their early lead, allowing a 6 point deficit to form in the first period. But we outscored them every quarter after, tying the game at the half, and pulling out a tough 123-110 win. D.B. had 29 and the team forced 18 Phoenix turnovers, yielding seven players with double figure scoring. Small had another double-double, with 19 points and 13 rebounds, also blocking 3 shots. The block party was joined by D-Kolo (Drake), adding four more.

Yet we can’t celebrate too much, as tonight started a 4 in row event for us now.

I was going to go through the entire month, but this seems as good a place to stop as any.

Current Record: 5-4 (T-5th West)

My projects:

No, it's using the engine from Jump Shot basketball. PCF hadn't been running well since I tried to update it, I'll probably try it again once I do my school year-end computer clean-out, where I do a clean install.

Here is the Rest of November:

Nov 23, vs Blazers (2-5):

Kamron Taylor took us all by surprise by dropping a game-high 23 off the bench in the 35 point blowout win against the Blazers, at home. He also, in typical big man fashion, collected 14 boards. Blackstone collected 21 and 5 assists, while D.B. chipped in with 21, six boards, and six dimes. Small had 15 and 15 (boards), to top off the 66 carum outing. W 124-88. We continue to be undefeated at home.

Nov 24, vs Grizzles (5-5):

While we let them get ahead early, we rallied in the second, and controlled the game from there. D.B. almost got a triple-double, with 30 points, 10 assists, and 9 boards. Small added 17 and 10 boards, and we had six players with double digit scoring. Taylor is making a case for more minutes, which we are more than happy to give. D-Kolo has been having a bit of a slump recently, and we’ve been able to give his minutes away with no loss in production. W 118-112.

Nov 25, @ Pistons (4-4):

Our abysmal away record continues, (now 1-5), and we lose to a frankly mediocre Pistons team. In a day where home teams ruled (Home teams were 7-0 on the night), D.B. was never able to get started, shooting 6-14, and only scoring 12 on a night where he was plagued with foul trouble, and was unable to get to the line (his staple). Sutton made 4 of his five threes, but as a team we shot under 40%, and only made 60% of our free throws. Piston’s SG Geoff Leibowitz (the German), scored 25 on 10-for-21 shooting, and their starting big men combined for 26 boards in our 85-100 loss.

Nov 27, vs Kings (6-6):

Kings star Point Guard Xavier Jimenez has been out since their second game of the season, with a strained plantar fascia. Yet, despite that, we lose our first home game, due to having no output from our starting guards, who combined for 4-14, missing all 3-point attempts. D.B. and Small each scored 16, and backup PF Graham collected 15 boards, but Eckman continued to light it up against us, scoring 32 in 40 minutes. 84-92 loss.

Nov 28, @ Bulls (7-3):

The Bulls are sitting near the top of the East, and their skill made it impossible to turn around our recent bad play, as they down us 85-96. Derrick Small caught the flu, and we sorely missed him in the game, He will be out until December 3. Karl Barnett started in his place, and was respectable, scoring 18, with 9 rebounds, but we still couldn’t get it done.

Nov 29, @ Celtics (10-2)

This Celtics team commands the best record in the league, and isn’t afraid to show it, averaging well over 100 points a game. They took an early lead, scoring on their first possessions, and jumped out to a 10 point first quarter lead. 21-31. We push back during the second and slowly battle their lead down, finishing the quarter only down 4, 44-48.

The second half starts with the Celtics possession, SF Marshall got his layup blocked, by Winslow Graham and Blackstone drained a three, 12 seconds later. The Celtics’ lead was cut to 1. With 11:09 left in the third, we take the first lead of the game from D.B.’s post up, scoring 2.

Despite gaining the lead early in the third, and also despite a good quarter from Blackstone, who had 10 in the period, Bean reached 30 points in the Q, and gave the C’s a 12 point lead, 78-90.

We try for another push at their lead in the final period, but the 41 total points by Celtics’ PF Fernando Bean, combined with 13 boards, kept us out of it. L 109-116.

D.B. Finished with 24, Blackstone with 21, and Winslow Graham scored 16, with 16 boards. D-Kolo struggled again, making only 2 of 6, with 6 boards and 3 assists, for 5 points.

Record: 7-8 (8th West)

Players of the Month:

East: Aric Bridges (Wizards): 22.1 ppg, 9 ast, 3.9 reb, 1.9 stl, 2 to, .2 blk, 40.40 mpg

Aric led an otherwise weak Wizards team to the eighth seed, (and is being paid exceptionally well for it, earning 95 million over 6 years) while performing at his best. He is 29, so probably has only a few more years-worth of good production before the rigors of the life of a scoring PG wear him down.

West: Deondre Berthiaume (Sonics): 25.4 ppg, 4.3 ast, 6.8 reb, 1.9 stl, 1.9 to, .5 blk, 37.6 mpg

One of the most efficient scorers in the league, D.B. is well on his way to a 50-40-90 season, currently shooting 53%, 44% from 3, and 89.1% from the line. However, he doesn’t spend a whole lot of time jumpshooting, as only 9% of his shots are 3 pointers. If he can take a few more from downtown, I am sure that we will see his numbers continue to improve.

Dec 1, vs Pelicans:

Mini-crash, have to start from the 23rd again.

In the second play-through of the month, we beat the Pistons, instead of losing to them, and have a 8-7 record, still only good for 8th.

The East POM award instead goes to Ty Ullrich, of the Charlotte Hornets. 

My projects:

Dec 1, vs Pelicans (take 2) (5-6):

A comfortable game where D-Kolo left his slump, scoring 14, and grabbing 10, while Kidoo and D.B. led the team with 21 points apiece. Blackstone had 16 points and 10 dimes, while Pelicans C Dillan Johnson had their team high with 16. The final was 119-92 in our win. It was a good return-game for Small, who scored 13, and had a few boards in limited minutes (his lungs weren’t 100%)

Dec 2, vs Heat (3-8):

The Heat have been pushing a rebuilding agenda, having gotten the short end of the drafting stick. One would think that because of how badly they drafted in the serpentine order, they wouldn’t want to be relying on the draft for a while. Expect to see front office changes from them. In the face of a struggling team, it’s always a little worrying, as sometimes, we might come in just a little too confident, and they might catch us by surprise, but we took care of business in convincing fashion. Blackstone had a team high 20 points, as Small also had a double-double, with 16 and 12, to seal the deal, 113-94.

Dec 5, vs Magic (4-8)

Another team bringing up the bottom of the Eastern Conference, and they eke out a close win by making a few fewer mistakes. Magic PG Aric Murphy scored 29, and their PF, Daniel Niemeyer had 14 and 18 boards, joined by C Austen Widmann’s 10 offensive boards, totalling 15, along with 13 points. Small had a double-double again, scoring 12, with 10 boards and D.B. had 18, while Kiddoo was almost in that club, with 8 points, and 9 assists in our more balanced effort. L 93-95.

Dec 6, vs Warriors (4-14)

This time facing a basement team from the West, we are still unable to get it done, losing to a huge comeback in the fourth by a team that was down by 13 with 12:00 left on the clock. Kiddoo had 21, with 5 dimes, and 3 steals, and D.B. had 19, and 7 boards, along with four dimes. As a team, it was our inability to rebound, especially in the fourth quarter that let us down, we had only 37 in the 48 minute game. Their point guard Adam Adams, had 22, and a bunch of rebounds by their big men was what sealed the game for them.

Dec 9, @ Grizzles (11-8):

We had 7 players with ten or more points in a beatdown of the team that possessed one more win, and one less loss than we did. Sutton led the team with 20, 7 and 7, and D.B. only played 20 minutes, but had 15 points, four boards, and four dimes. No one gathered more than 9 boards, but most players had at least 5, so we collected 53 as a team. We couldn’t miss anything (other than free throws) and shot 8-13 (61.5%) from three, and 54% overall, while the Grizz only made 36% of their shots, and we rode that discrepancy to a 113-88 win.

Dec 10, vs Raptors (10-5):

Another loss to another good Eastern Conference team, despite 27 points and 7 boards from D.B. Our guards decided it would be a good day to take off, shooting 9 for 30 combined, and not making a single 3. However, it wasn’t like they were particularly efficient on the Raptor’s side. They shot a little better, but the difference wasn’t huge (and as a team they made exactly 0 three pointers). The biggest discrepancy came, again, on the boards, and it was a 13 point margin, 47-60. L 92-100.

Dec 11, @ Knicks (8-14):

30 points from Knick SG Mike Edwards and a 20 rebound night from their power forward Henry Latta allowed the Knicks to pull out a five point win, in the face of a mediocre outing from my players. Kiddoo had 10 dimes, but only put nine of his own (inefficient) points on the board. Again, it was our subpar (comparatively) rebounding, which allowed another 13 board deficit to of 49 boards to their 62. We are beaten by the Knicks, returning to only .500, with the 103-108 loss.

In light of my recent rebounding woes, I decided that an upgrade at center might be in order. I call up the Bulls, and enquire about their C, Malik Cook

Dec 12, @ Hornets (6-9):

So I realised that I screwed the pooch when setting up the season: By changing the Bobcats to the Hornets, before I changed the Hornets to the Pelicans (the starting roster for this game is a bit old), I made them both move to the western conference, (the game also gave them the same team name (but I could tell Charlotte from NOLA so it isn’t hard to differentiate them), but that made it so there was only 14 Eastern conference teams, and it created an extra one, which was blank and I had assumed was the Hornets, but isn’t (that is the team that Ty Ullrich is on). It will be (at least to us) known as the Mason City Blanks (‘cause Iowa is in the middle of no where).

Back in the west again. The team is back up and running. We win the rebounding battle and the game against the struggling Pelicans, and we use a relatively balanced scoring effort to shut the Pels down. Everyone did middling well, and Cook established that he was well-made for the starting centre position, leading the team in minutes and collecting 13 rebounds. W 106-87.

Dec 13, @ Raptors (12-5):

Oh crap, the Raptors again. This is going to be a test of the mettle of our new centre. One which he, personally, failed epically. He had 2 points, 1 rebound, a block and five fouls in 12 minutes of play. But Kamron Taylor stepped up to the plate, and scored 13, while grabbing 8 boards. Blackstone, taking over the starting PG position (I jockeyed Kiddoo, and Sutton, putting Sutton at the starting SG position as well) was the reason we won, scoring 30, and tallying 7 assists, while also grabbing 4 boards and filching the ball a couple of time. D.B. had 19 and 5 dimes, with 4 boards as well. W 109-94.

Dec 16, @ Blanks (12-8):

Ty Ullrich had 28, but even with that impressive outing, the Blanks were unable to get it done against Blackstone and Sutton. Blackstone had 33, 6 rebounds, five assists, and 5 steals in 30 minutes of play, while Sutton had 29 and 9 boards. Small’s impact was almost entirely on the Defensive end, grabbing 9 rebounds, 2 steals, and 3 blocks. The same went for D.B. Cook came back from his night off, and had 13 and 11, while Taylor had 10 and 9. Kiddoo had 11, 8 dimes, and 6 boards, while we destroyed the Blanks (with a 59-36 rebound advantage) 123-96.

Dec 18, vs Cavaliers (9-11):

Poor Cavs, always in the “Maybe next year mode” without a standout player, they don’t seem able to stay in the chase for the playoffs, and because of that discrepancy they fall, and fall hard to an angry D.B. He started off a little flustered, missing his first six shots (including 3 from long range), but after withstanding a hard foul, he raced back into the game, staying in the paint, and scored 22 with 8 boards and 6 dimes, while Blackstone stood in open mid-range locations, draining shots all night. 117-81.

Dec 20, @ Suns (4-12):

After beating us a few times, the Suns struggled through the rest of the season. Their shooting guard, Kenneth Hoag, had a decent night, scoring 18 on 7 for 12 shooting, but that was it for their team, and we took advantage, with D.B. scoring 24, Blackstone 25, and Kiddoo 20. Cook decided that the ball was his (at least right after someone shot) and grabbed 15 boards, to join only 6 points and a block. Again, we pumped out a huge rebounding advantage, 56-38, and I hope it continues. W 131-106.

Record: 16-11 (5th West)

My projects:

Dec 22, vs Nuggets (13-16):

Sitting just below the .500 mark, the Nuggets are still a team that we needed to look out for, and I frankly thought they were underperforming a tiny bit, so I was a tiny bit nervous, though I didn’t need to be. Blackstone added 8 assists and 3 steals to his 21 points, while Sutton put up 11 boards, Cook don’t put in all that many minutes since we had a controlling lead the whole game, so both he and Taylor got a few points (14 and 12 respectively). Small set the team’s season record with 7 steals, and got 10 points, as we put the Nuggets behind us 99-74.

Dec 24, @ Blazers (7-13):

On Christmas Eve, we get an early present, of a win to extend our streak to 7. The game did seem gifted to us as we were unable to miss (shot 64%, and 40% from 3) and they were unable to score (shooting 40% and 26% from 3). Blackstone only missed three shots on the way to 26 points, throwing out 6 assists along the way, D.B. scored 30, though with a couple more misses, with six dimes, 3 steals and 2 blocks. We destroyed them by 24, winning 125-101.

Dec 25, vs Timberwolves (18-7):

On Christmas day, the Timberwolves happen to sit directly ahead of us in the standings, with a record that puts them half of a game back of the Rocket’s possession of first place. In the face of a need-to-win game, the team performs admirably as D.B. scores an impressive 32 points, with 5 boards and 2 blocks. Despite that impressive outing, Blackstone felt the need to outshine the SF, scoring 36 and dishing 7 dimes, all the while raiding pockets, grabbing 4 steals. Small finally stepped out of the shadows of team and scored 14, grabbing 13 boards for the double-double. Irwin Cain, D.B.’s main Rival in the west, beat him in the head-to-head battle, scoring 35, with 9 boards, but was less efficient and committed a ton of fouls.

Dec 26, @ Timberwolves (18-8):

“Hello, I am George Stevens, and beside me sits the great Julius Evans, and tonight will be calling the Sonics-Timberwolves game at the Target Centre. And, sponsored by Erikksen Manufacturing, we bring you the starting lineups. For the Timberwolves, at guard, we have Tom Sturgell, averaging almost 9 points and 8 assists and Edgar Chaves, with 16 points and nearly 5 rebounds per game. At the Pivot, we have the 6’9 center, Timothy Calderon, averaging 8 and 8. At forwards, we have the Wolves’ stars, potential hall of famer Irwin Cain, who averages 34 points per game, leading the league and the Giant Leif Durret, who averages nearly a double-double.

“And for the Seattle Supersonics, we have Jesus Blackstone at the point, who averages 18 points, four and a half assists and 2 steals in a game, Sinclair Sutton at the 2, with 13 points per game. At 7’1, weighing in at 277 lbs, we have the powerful center Malik Cook, and Deondre Berthiaume at the swing position is out for five days, so Karl Barnett will be starting in his place, He is averaging 5 points and 2 boards in 13 minutes per game. At the four, we have Derrick Small, averaging 11 and 9, but also blocking 2 shots per game.”

“George, I honestly expected more from Small this year, especially the way he started off the year. He looked like he might have had the chance to give you a triple-double without the pass. He is woeful shooting this year, only making 48% of his shots, which is meh for a big man, especially one who enjoys battling down low as much as this one.”

“He is 30 years old, Jules, do you think that he might be getting old?”

“No, I think he should be at his prime right now, and the Sonics agree, they’ll be paying him 40 million over the next half of a decade.”

…

“Cook controls the tip, and passes it off to Blackstone. ‘Round the picks he goes, and launches a floater over Durret’s face. Ooh that was nice, as it sinks straight through.”

“He’s going to do that all night if they don’t hedge earlier. Ice D just isn’t going to cut it against him.”

“Sturgell brings it up for Minnesota, and they seem to set up the horns play. That’s some nice ball movement. Durret has the ball, and Blackstone comes with a double team and rips that ball away, their headed the other way.”

“There’s about one hundred forty seconds left in the first and the Sonics are up 30 to 22. Jaret Kiddoo is bringing the ball up, he passes to Cook, who does a screening hand-off with Kiddoo, who penetrates. Nothing there and he dribbles out. Blackstone runs off a pin-down, and his man is left in the dust. Kiddoo nails the pass, and he shoots. A bit short, it lands right in Gabler’s lap, but before he can shoot McBride wraps him up.”

“Why didn’t they box him out? How could you let him get position right under the basket like that?”

“The inbound pass goes to Blackstone, who swings it across the floor, to Barnett. Barnett penetrates and hurls a skip pass to Small, who shoots the 20 footer. It misses… Ouch! That was a monster putback by Cook. That much athleticism on a guy that big is inhuman! 32-22.”

“The Sonics are up by 20, 61-41 with 45 seconds to go in the half. Sturgell brings it up. That was a nice screen by Blake, and Sturgell just blows by the rest of them, throwing in a gorgeous reverse layup, cutting the lead to 18.”

“Just under six minutes left in the 4th, Sutton grabs the defensive board, and throws an outlet pass to just beyond half-court. Blackstone grabs it and throws it behind the back to Barnett, close to the basket. He fakes out the defender sprinting to catch up and goes under, scoring – he’s got fourteen.

“Blackstone has 14 assists too. His impressive stat-line is up to 31 points, 14 assists and 4 steals. The Sonics lead 111-85”

“The Sonics win it 125 to 100, and I can’t decide what was more important to the Sonics win, the 31 point, 14 assist, four steal game from Blackstone, or Malik Cook’s 30 points, 14 boards,  and five blocks.”

“I don’t think that you can value one’s impact over the other. Both of them had impressive showings.”

Record: 20-11 (3rd West)

If anyone who might read this is willing to write up a prospect scouting report, a power ranking, or anything of the sort, I've uploaded a zip file containing an HTML export view of the season with all the information so far. I would be happy for anything!

My projects:

Well, I guess that this playthrough has bitten the dust to to a corrupted save. Now I will start again, and try to get everything right.

My projects:

New League: 4 Divisions, 2 conferences, 32 teams. Each team plays 84 games per season.

·         East

o   Atlantic

§  Philadelphia 76ers

§  Boston Celtics

§  Miami Heat

§  Orlando Magic

§  Brooklyn Nets

§  Washington Wizards

§  Charlotte Hornets

o   Central

§  Milwaukee Bucks

§  Chicago Bulls

§  Cleveland Cavaliers

§  Atlanta Hawks

§  Indiana Pacers

§  Detroit Pistons

§  Toronto Raptors

§  St Louis Custards

·         West

o   Midwest

§  New Orleans Pelicans

§  Memphis Grizzles

§  Utah Jazz

§  Dallas Mavericks

§  Denver Nuggets

§  Houston Rockets

§  San Antonio Spurs

§  Minnesota Timberwolves

o   Pacific

§  Portland Trail Blazers

§  Los Angeles Clippers

§  Sacramento Kings

§  Los Angeles Lakers

§  Oklahoma City Thunder

§  Phoenix Suns

§  Golden State Warriors

§  Seattle SuperSonics

Sonics Owner: Mr Daughert, I am taking quite a risk with this franchise and I expect it to perform this season.

Daughert: We’ve got some competitive players and a decent roster, so I am hoping for a playoff spot this year.

SO: If you can generate enough interest that we turn a profit in the months to come, especially if you make the playoffs, I’ll be a happy camper for this year. Just make sure that you set us up for a trip to the finals and a ring soon.

D: I’ll do what I can.

About the ratings for the game. There are two stats for each type of scoring, one for the willingness to take a shot, and the second for the player’s ability to make said shot (with free throws its ability to get to the line, and then to finish once there). These and ratings for other specific stats (reb, ast, stl, blk, to) are out of 100. Then there are general offensive and defensive stats. O stands for outside, D for driving, P for post, and T for transition. These stats are out of 10. For the rookies, there are three more categories, ta – talent, sk – skill, and in-intangibles. These are for player development and are between 1 and 5. From this, one can come up with some idea of how their careers may progress.

Saving the Sonics preseason.zip

My projects:

ESPN.com Article:

The Seattle Sonics opened back up this year, and their roster doesn’t look to bad for a new team. Their led by Braden Novik, a long-range shooting, rebounding Kevin Love type. He’s only twenty-five and a bona fide superstar in this league – I wouldn’t be surprised as he plays out his career, he goes to the Hall of Fame. There next strongest position is the Point guard, where rookie Bailey Eli will likely start. He isn’t that aggressive inside, though can definitely finish. He can put up threes in bunches, is an adequate passer at the PG spot, and rarely makes any errors. He does get to the line a bit, and shoots well from there, and his career arc could be as illustrious as Novik’s.

At the SF, they have the 6’8, 26 year-old scorer. He is best from the midrange, with an excellent array of dribble moves and a consistent pull-up. He can get to the rack, and will make foul shots, but is only mediocre at drawing fouls. He isn’t really a rebounder, or defensive presence, but he is very good at keeping control of the ball, it’s almost as if he has the ball tied to him while he carries it with him. With three years on his contract, he will be staying with the Sonics for a while.

Whelan, their centre, is only a borderline starter. He isn’t a bad rebounder, and plays great post D. Without much of an offensive game, most of his play comes from his defensive play. He can keep in front of most players, but isn’t great in transition or at defending drives. In fact he really is mostly there to pile up rejections.

Their SG, Dominique Little, is a shooting guard who is also mostly a Defensive player. He is a great rebounder for his position, and is a decent thief. He also has some skill at playmaking, which will benefit the team. However, I wouldn’t expect him back if they don’t post an outstanding record.

Their bench is strongest at the PG, and Power Forward, with Cliff Avery (PG), Braden Sandler (PG), and Hugh Devlin (PF). I would expect that they’ll get the lion’s share of the non-starter minutes.

My projects:

So, I will be working, probably without internet access for the next few months. That'll mean that I will post very intermittently, at best, to this dynasty story. But, if I can, I will try to keep it going. (especially after I finish - which will be Aug 21 -ish) 

My projects:

I'll start the season before I go...

It took me a while to find get a save that worked (in the midst of reinstalling windows) but I think I have it.

Nov 3, vs Cavaliers (0-1): W 101 - 100:

With only a few seconds left to play, it looked like the Cavs were going to claim the home opener, and when Back-up SF's 3 looked off, I felt, deep in my gut that we had lost. Yet Braden Novik saved the day. Just as the ball cleared the cylinder, he threw it back through the hoop with emphasis at the horn. It came through on the review and we win. Little led the team in scoring with 23, and also gathered 9 boards.

Record: 1-0

Nov 4, vs Custards (0-1): W 104-100:

Egan turned in a night of impressive scoring, with 26 points and four dimes, leading our team to a 4 point victory. Braden Novik and Bailey Eli both had double-doubles; Novik had 13 points and rebounds, while Eli's 12 points combined with 13 assists. The one area I thought needed work was steals, as we only had 2 from the entire game.

Record: 2-0

Nov 6, @ Jazz (3-0): W 97-86:

Our first away game is against Utah, and we handle it admirably as Marquise Egan controlled the tempo. He finished with 20, 7 ast, and 3 stl, and our team managed to put together 8 steals.

Record: 3-0

My projects:

So, I will be working, probably without internet access for the next few months. That'll mean that I will post very intermittently, at best, to this dynasty story. But, if I can, I will try to keep it going. (especially after I finish - which will be Aug 21 -ish) 

Certainly hope you can find the time -- it's a great dynasty

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | reddit | twitch

9 November, @ Clippers (1-3): W 95-90

Marquise Egan put up a lot of shots, going 13-31 for 32 points, with four assists, 3 boards, and 3 steals. Novik was a bit more efficient, getting his 23 on 8-16 percent shooting, adding 9 boards and a few steals himself. Eli had nowhere near the volume, but made 5 of seven shots for 15 points and six each boards and assists. Behind all that, the Clippers had very little chance, and they fall in a game that wasn’t as close as the score might say.

Record: 4-0

10 November, vs Suns (2-4): W 96-85

Eli showed out this time, with 20 points, 6 boards, 5 dimes, and four steals. He continued his efficient ways, scoring on 7 of his 13 attempts, and is averaging a little over 40% on threes for the first 5 games. The Suns get 23 from Geoffrey Taylor, and 17 boards from Alberto Krause, but it wasn’t enough to overcome the Sonic’s hot shooting.

Record: 5-0

13 November, @ Hawks (1-3): W 97-68

Talk about a blowout. In their lowest scoring output of the season, the Hawks shoot a total of 33%, and 6 Sonics players reached double digits. Rex Ingram takes the honours for player of the match, with 10 points, 12 boards, four dimes, and 3 blocks.

Record: 6-0

14 November, vs Wizards (2-5): W 95-80

We are still the only undefeated Western Conference team, though the Bulls currently are 5-0. Marquise Egan had 21 points, 4 boards, and four dimes to capture player of the match, while Bailey Eli was a close second, with 19, 6 and 8.

Record: 7-0

15 November, @Spurs (4-2): L 81-100

It took 27 points and seven boards from Spurs SF Blake Berta to finish our undefeated start, and they also had a great showing out of SG Davon Dempsey (23 pts, 6 reb, 4 stl). None of our players had a particularly impressive showing, with the team-high scorers being Little, and Novik, with 11. Egan suffered an injury in the first half, and did not return. He has a sore wrist (right) and will be out for 6 days.

Record: 7-1

Standings

Eastern Conference

Wins

Losses

Western Conference

Wins

Losses

Bulls

SuperSonics

Nets

Rockets

Magic

Warriors

Raptors

Timberwolves

76ers

Spurs

Pistons

Lakers

Heat

Nuggets

Hornets

Jazz

Knicks

Pelicans

Pacers

Kings

Custards

Grizzles

Celtics

Suns

Hawks

Clippers

Wizards

Trail Blazers

Bucks

Mavericks

Cavaliers

Thunder

My projects:

MVP Race Report 1:

• Jonah Diehl, C (Knicks)

Jonah has been averaging an insane 23 points and 14 rebounds through the first period. The 28 year old centre is hoping to lead his team to a high playoff seed and out of the first round, but the first few games for the Knicks are not looking too good for them sitting in 9th place with a sub-.500 record. If his play merits the Knicks a strong position, Jonah will win the MVP.

• Terrence Campell, PG (Nets)

Campell leads the league in assists, with 9 per game, and scores just under 20 a game, putting him in a really good position for pushing for the MVP. He is also one of the top Defensive PG’s, and if the Knicks record doesn’t improve, look for him to be the next in line for the MVP.

• Darius Puhan, PF (Jazz)

Very similar player to Diehl, but a better defender, and focused a bit more on scoring rather than rebounding. The Jazz are only playing .500 ball at this point, so his record also hurts his chances of getting the trophy.

• Brendan Downing, SF (Magic)

One of the top scorers in the league, Downing averages 23.6 a game, and also grabs a ton of boards, (12.3 per game). His team is doing much better, and he competing for DPOY, with 2.6 steals and 3.9 blocks per game. If he can keep up his all-around play, expect him to be a contender for both awards.

• Ian Tyler, PG (76ers)

The east seems to have some of the better players, since 4 of the 5 MVP candidates are from the East, but while Tyler might seem to be almost a placeholder candidate, with only 17.6 ppg, 8.9 apg, and 2 spg, but it’s his efficiency that sets him apart, as he shoots an excellent 38% from behind the arc, and rarely turns the ball over.

My projects:

By the way, if anyone was confused about the two unlabeled columns in the standings, the first one is winning percentage (as a .xxx number), and then a calculation for games back (Plus .5 for a win and -.5 for a loss).

P.S. It turns out that I won't be heading out for work quite as quickly as I thought, so that leaves more time here. I am going to post a bit more, and maybe start my international ball dynasty with the new (ish) version of PCF.

My projects:

18 November, vs Trail Blazers (2-8): W 87-60
The Blazers are struggling, and we extend their losing streak to 4 games, with another stellar defensive outing, to only allow 60 points. It was a little disappointing for fans, a game with such slow pace. Shots weren’t being missed right and left, but each possession seemed to take every moment of the shot clock. Novik was the best player tonight, with 17 points and 16 boards. Dominic Little also had a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds.
Record: 8-1

22 November, @Trail Blazers (2-11): L 82-90
The Blazers lost two more games after playing us, and I guess after a seven-game slide, they just had enough. They had 25 assists in a real team effort to down us, probably helped most by the return of injured point guard Zachary Johann, who had 16 points, six assists and 3 steals. Also notable was a seven steal outing by the team’s other point guard, Quintin DeNicola. Egan was back, and had a decent night to score 19, and Little had another double-double, scoring 15 to go with ten boards. Whelan came close, with 13 boards, but was unable to get the last two points to get him over the edge (8 pts and 13 reb).
Record: 8-2

25 November, vs Warriors (11-2): W 103-93
Marquise Egan goes off for 34 points and Little is a board shy of a triple-double as we down the first good team we’ve faced in a while. They were able to get 25 and 10 from Centre Aiden Viglietti, but it wasn’t quite enough as we use the second half to really demoralise them.
Record: 9-2

26 November, vs Lakers (5-7): W 103-98
This time, Eli outperformed Egan for POTM, with 24 points, 6 assists and six boards. Egan had 29, to go with modest statistics in rebounds and assists, and we down a Lakers team that was really looking for a win. PF Will Kean put his best foot forward, getting 29 and 11 for the purple and gold, but Novik’s double-double seemed to pretty well cancel out his effect on the match (Novik had 13 pts, and 14 boards).
Record: 10-2

27 November, @Wizards (4-9): L 79-94
SF Alfred Harpold really put the pedal to the metal, scoring 21, to go with 15 boards, as the lottery bound Wizards send us packing. Novik had a good night, scoring 20, with 17 boards and 4 blocks, but we are unable to get it done.
Record: 10-3

29 November, vs Nuggets (8-4): L 88-89
You hate to lose in the last minute of a game. It’s the worst feeling to see 30 seconds left on the clock and an advantage of even a point or to, but that’s how it was. Novik threw an attempt at a dunk to an opposing player, who finished calmly to put them up by one with 15 seconds on the clock. Eli made an attempt at a game winning 3, but it rattled out.
Record: 10-4

30 November, vs Celtics (2-11): L 91-97
I’m getting really tired of losses already! Egan was able to score 24, but it wasn’t enough to seal the deal for us.
Record: 10-5

Players of the Month: Darius Puhan - Jazz (West), and Armando Legband – Hornets (East)

1 December, vs Timberwolves (9-3): W 105-93
Finally a win to turn things around. Egan fouled out after playing 31 minutes, but was able to score 21, along with 5 boards and 2 blocks. Novik had a double-double, and I’m quite happy with the 12 point margin.
Record: 11-5

3 December, vs Kings (4-8): L 83-84
Not another loss to a team we should be able to beat!!! The Kings were led by shooting guard Derek Hammond, who scored 22, and our best player was Egan, who had 24 points, five dimes and 5 steals. It again was the last minute that cost the team, as a possession that was long kept alive finally gave them two points with 22 seconds remaining.
Record: 11-6

4 November, vs Thunder (0-15): W 91-63
Off to the worst start in league history, our game against the Thunder proves to be no exception to the rule of their team as Eli claims player of the match honours with 12 points, 5 assists, and 2 steals. Sorry, OKC.
Record: 12-6

My projects:

Standings:

Eastern Conference Wins Losses     Western Conference Wins Losses    
Magic 15 1 .938 7 Rockets 11 2 .846 4.5
Bulls 13 3 .813 5 Timberwolves 11 4 .733 3.5
Nets 15 5 .750 5 Warriors 13 6 .684 3.5
76ers 14 5 .737 4.5 Spurs 11 5 .688 3
Raptors 10 6 .625 2 SuperSonics 12 6 .667 3
Hornets 11 8 .579 1.5 Nuggets 10 6 .625 2
Custards 8 8 .500 0 Lakers 8 8 .500 0
Pistons 7 8 .467 -0.5 Grizzles 9 9 .500 0
Cavaliers 7 8 .467 -0.5 Mavericks 8 10 .444 -1
Pacers 8 11 .421 -1.5 Jazz 7 9 .438 -1
Wizards 5 9 .357 -2 Suns 7 9 .438 -1
Bucks 6 11 .353 -2.5 Kings 5 8 .385 -1.5
Heat 5 11 .313 -3 Clippers 6 11 .353 -2.5
Knicks 6 13 .316 -3.5 Pelicans 5 10 .333 -2.5
Celtics 4 11 .267 -3.5 Trail Blazers 4 14 .222 -5
Hawks 3 12 .200 -4.5 Thunder 0 16 .000 -8

Up next is the second MVP Report.

My projects:

MVP Race Update 2

• Darius Puhan, PF (Jazz) (Up 2 from 3rd place)

Darius Puhan is an extremely talented player. That much has to be said. He is averaging better than 25 and 10, all while shooting at almost a 50-40-90 clip. He falls short by half of a percent with his free throw shooting, but Puhan is the real deal. He’s 27, so he’s going to put together an impressive career over the next half-decade or more. He contributes defensively, with more than a block and steal each game, and is a decent passer for a PF, with almost 2 and a half dimes each night. Even so, he is let down by his teammates, and has only led them to a 7-9 record through the first month+.

• Armando Legband, PG (Hornets) (Wasn’t Rated)

Legband is a great Point Guard. He averages 8.75 assists a game, to go with just over 20 points per game. He’s older than Puhan, and you can see it with his defensive numbers. He still makes an impact, but he isn’t one top defenders at the position, putting up just over 2.1 thefts per game. At 6’2 and under 200lbs, he does pretty well amongst the trees, but that would be his weakness. He is, at least, leading his team to a winning record, which definitely helps his stock

• Ian Tyler, PG (76ers) (Up 2 from 5th)

Tyler is essentially a copy of Legband. His team has a better record – The Sixers are 3 games ahead of Charlotte, but his personal numbers aren’t quite as good. He is a bit better of a passer, but he is a less efficient scorer, only scoring at a 42% clip. Granted he – like Legband – is an excellent shooter. He is only a year younger, so the two will continue jockeying for position for a long time.

• Terrence Campbell, PG (Nets) (Down 2 from 2nd)

Campbell’s defence regressed in this second period and he now seems to be merely average there, so that was a big hit in his stock. He is a better scorer (Though he averages the same 19 as Tyler – just with better efficiency) than either of the two better PG’s, and a better passer, currently leading the league in assists, and this threesome will probably get to grace the history books. Let’s see if one can set himself apart from the other two as the year and their careers continue. I personally think he will be the one to do it. He is one of the two players who have acquired a triple double so far this season. (The other guy isn’t a PG – or as good).

• Jonah Diehl, C (Knicks) (Down 4 from 1st)

The Knicks abysmal record has continued, and Diehl’s position in the race for the MVP has tanked because of it. His per-game averages have dipped, and have regressed to a more (everything is relative) reasonable 20 and 13. He has begun to show signs of below average defence and that will hurt him.

My projects:

The Thunder Stave Off Historical Futility with Win against Bulls

The fans of Oklahoma City have been given an unfortunate combination of unlikable players and poor performance. At 7:00 today, the Thunder were about to play their eighteenth game. The story? Were they going to tie the record for the worst start in NBA history? At ten o’clock, there were seven thousand, three hundred and seventy-six stunned fans. They had their first win this season and they didn’t know how to react. Slowly, one-by-one, they began to smile and then, simultaneously, those seven thousand odd smiles erupted in one resound whoop. Then it was over. Those seven thousand fans immediately returned to the cold, emotionless shells of themselves that would allow them to go another 18 games before winning again.

My projects:

7 December, @Mavericks (9-11): L 101-112

Even the game against the terrible Thunder wasn’t really able to turn around our poor performance. It was our bad defence that really gave away the game tonight, allowing a field goal percentage better than 50% and better than 40% beyond the arc. Braden Novik had a double-double, with 10 points and boards precisely. We also committed 28 fouls, leading to 40 free throws, which allowed Centre Ivan Fernandez to score 36. SG Nathaniel Ball also scored 30.

Record: 12-7

8 December, @Nuggets (10-8): W 98-95

Phew! I was starting to think that I either needed to change things up or worry about my job security. Of course, I won’t take change off of the table unless our play continues to get results. Eli got it done tonight, behind 20 points, 7 boards and 6 assists, though their SF, Israel Roberson played extremely well, getting 22 points, 12 boards, 4 steals and a block, while shooting 10 for 14.

Record: 13-7

9 December, @Celtics (5-11): L 87-96

On a 3 game win streak that started with beating us on our home court,                the C’s proved too hungry to beat. Led in scoring by PG Hector Whelan, who also achieved 7 dimes, they ran all over us, despite 24 points from Egan. Novik was disappointing, throwing away the ball in 10! turnovers, gathering the bad kind of Trip-dub (17 points, and 13 boards as well).

Record: 13-8

11 December, vs Clippers (7-13): L 84-85

Letting them get an early lead and falling behind by 17 at the half, we had to battle back hard to take a win, and we almost did, but ultimately fell short, losing by only a point. Egan had 24 points, but we still aren’t able to get it done, and have lost 7 of our last 10 games. Definitely not a good mark.

Record: 13-9

14 December, @ Suns (8-11): L 91-98

33 points by Geoffrey Taylor is what killed us tonight. He had a 15 point first quarter, giving them a 5 point lead. That sparked a big run in the second quarter that had us scrambling for the rest of the game. We were able to narrow it back in the end, but we really never got close.

Record: 13-10

15 December, @Bulls (14-4): L 92-112

I was hoping that a matchup against a good team would push our team, but we cannot get it done. Novik had a good performance, with 16 points and 15 boards, but Eli was disappointing, only collecting 4 dimes, even though he got 18 points. Sandler had as many in 6 minutes of play. Egan had a particularly abysmal night, shooting only 33 percent, and only getting 2 boards.

Record: 13-11

17 December, @76ers (16-9): L 102-103

The game was decided in the last 7 seconds, following a hard-fought comeback effort by the Sixers, which led to a game winning shot beating the clock by less than a second, as C Christian Freeman drained a hook shot to give them the 1 point margin. While MVP candidate Tyler had a low-scoring night, he did throw around 11 assists, mainly to the benefit of SF Piotrows, who had 34 points on the night. Most of our starters had good games, though we are still searching for answers at the Centre position.

Record: 13-12

18 December, @Pelicans (7-13): L 80-92

Eli coughed it up 6 times in the loss, and we get outrebounded 38-44, making the result an almost forgone conclusion. Egan is becoming an almost Carmelo-like curse. I am toying with the idea of shopping him, as he led the team in scoring and shooting attempts in the loss.

Record: 13-13

Trade: Marquise Egan and 2014 first round pick to Heat for Sherman Diaz

Winner: Heat

The Sonics were trying to get rid of Egan at basically any price, because they thought that they saw no success with him leading the team. Egan is a better player than Diaz, and the Sonics lose their pick this year.

19 December, @ Thunder (2-20): W 83-65

Against a team we have no business losing against, I hope we start our turn-around. Novik had 17 points and 10 boards, and leads us to a win. Diaz was decent, with 17 points, even though his efficiency was poor.

Record: 14-13

Christmas Eve, @Warriors (22-9): W 99-83

We finally get another win against a good team. Novk had seventeen points and 15 boards, and Diaz led the team with 19. Thad Wood led the Warriors with 19. We were helped by the fact that the Warriors were missing several key players due to injury.

Record: 15-13

26 December, @Clippers (10-18): W 99-81

Novik gets 23 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 steals in the win, as we put together our third consecutive win, part of the first multi-game win streak since our first loss on 15 November.

Record: 16-13

28 December, vs Pacers (12-18): L 79-83

Finally, a home game. Of course, we lose, but it’s nice to be home again. Diaz commits 8 turnovers, but I hope we can still keep our play up in the future. Novik had 13 points, 17 rebounds, and five assists before fouling out after playing 28 minutes.

Record: 16-14

POM: Terrence Campbell (Nets), East, Darius Puhan (Jazz), West

1 January, vs Lakers (13-14): L 83-84

Come On! I am really getting sick of this inconsistent play. We have less than twenty assists, and are outrebounded. We aren’t playing like we used to, and its getting to me. Diaz and Whelan play our team’s best, while SF Davon McCann lights us up for 25 and 10 boards.

Record: 16-15

3 January, @Nets (29-7): L 88-89

The Nets have MVP candidate and reigning player of the Month Terrence Campbell, but we are able to limit his impact, though we lose all the same. Little was able to notch a double-double and was only 2 dimes from a trip-dub, though Eli only had 11 and 7 dimes. Diaz scored 25 and I am liking the apparent increase in efficiency compared to Egan. Whelan needs a bit more scoring ability as he again notches double-digit rebounds, but isn’t able to capitalise on his scoring.

Record: 16-16

5 January, vs 76ers (20-13): W 91-85

Dominique Little scored 20 in a payback win against the Sixers, while also notching quite a few boards for someone playing the 2 guard. And here is why I prefer Diaz. He only scored 6 points on 29% shooting. But he shot only 7 shots, freeing up the rest of the team to score. Ian Tyler led the Sixers with 21 points, and 6 dimes, though he made only 2 of seven from 3. All in all, a good win, I say.

Record: 17-16

7 January, @Lakers (16-14): W 105-91

‘Tis the season for payback wins! We down the Lakers in a beat-down that saw us lead by more than 20 for a time. All five starters scored in double digits, though the two most impressive were Eli, with 10 points, 9 dimes, 7 boards, and 5 steals, and Little, who had 18, 6 boards, and 5 dimes. McCann led the Lakers in scoring with only 14.

Record: 18-16

8 January, @Trail Blazers (10-25): W 94-81

Braden Novik was huge for us, in a game that saw 3 starters play at least 39 minutes, with 19 and 13 boards. He also piled up 5 rejections. Eli also 19, seven dimes, and 5 rebounds. Quintin DeNicola had 23, but we were able to deal.

Record: 19-16

10 January, vs Nets (32-8): W 94-80

Diaz scored 24, and grabbed 11 boards, while Eli had 19, with 6 assists, five rebounds, and four steals, helping us to a blowout of a payback win on our home court. We let Campell do his thing – he had 25 points and 8 assists, but their short rotation tired them out, and we pull away.

Record 20-16

My projects:

Eastern Conference Wins Losses     GB Western Conference Wins Losses     GB
Bulls 29 5 .853 12 0 Warriors 26 13 .667 6.5 0
Nets 32 9 .780 11.5 0.5 Spurs 24 12 .667 6 0.5
Magic 27 5 .844 11 1 Rockets 22 12 .647 5 1.5
76ers 20 15 .571 2.5 9.5 Kings 19 13 .594 3 3.5
Cavaliers 18 13 .581 2.5 9.5 Timberwolves 19 14 .576 2.5 4
Raptors 10 6 .625 2 10 SuperSonics 20 16 .556 2 4.5
Pistons 18 15 .545 1.5 10.5 Suns 16 15 .516 0.5 6
Bucks 17 16 .515 0.5 11.5 Lakers 16 16 .500 0 6.5
Wizards 17 17 .500 0 12 Mavericks 18 21 .462 -1.5 8
Custards 15 19 .441 -2 14 Pelicans 14 18 .438 -2 8.5
Pacers 14 20 .412 -3 15 Nuggets 13 17 .433 -2 8.5
Hornets 15 21 .417 -3 15 Grizzles 15 20 .429 -2.5 9
Knicks 14 24 .368 -5 17 Jazz 14 20 .412 -3 9.5
Hawks 9 20 .310 -5.5 17.5 Clippers 15 22 .405 -3.5 10
Celtics 11 24 .314 -6.5 18.5 Trail Blazers 11 27 .289 -8 14.5
Heat 11 26 .297 -7.5 19.5 Thunder 6 30 .167 -12 18.5

My projects:

MVP Race Update 3:

1. Terrence Campbell (Up 3 from 4th)

His scoring is up, back over 20 a game, and his team has continued to push for an elite position in the standings, currently sitting in second with a 32-9 record.

1. Darius Puhan (Down 1 from 1st)

Over the past month he truly broke into the 50-40-90 threshold, and averages a league 3rd best 23.3 points a game. If he can get his defence to the next level, even Campbell won’t be able to compete. But the Jazzes

1. Armando Legband (Down 1 from 2nd)
  2. Jonah Diehl (Up 1 from 5th)
  3. Davon Dempsey (SG, Spurs)

Going for a 50-40-90 year as well, he is only shy on 3-point percentage, shooting 39.8%, though he is only just making the freethrows with 90.0%. But the last couple positions show a big gap when compared to the first in this race, so Dempsey might not stay on the list for long.

My projects:

11 January, vs Magic (27-5): W 97-92 (OT)

The Magic are the best team in the league at the moment, but we didn’t let that stop us in our overtime win against them. Eli had 17 points and 8 assists, Novik had 22 and nine rebounds, and Little fouled out with 23 points. Our centres are still performing poorly, but it hasn’t been costing us lately. C Dylan Zarco led Orlando with 19 points and 14 rebounds. The Magic missed all of their 4 3 pointers, while the Sonics shot 41% from deep to make 12 threes. Diaz, for those who are interested had 15, seven dimes, 4 steals and four boards, and was praised as a real difference maker.

Record: 21-16

12 January, vs Clippers (15-22): W 92-90

Diaz scored 23, to go with 5 dimes, and 6 boards as we down the Clips in a game that was too close for the gap in competition. We let the Clippers take an early lead, and fought from behind for the rest of the game.

Record: 22-16

14 January, @ Grizzles (15-21): L 66-88

We shoot terribly in our lowest scoring game of the season, missing 20 three point attempts. We also drew only 8 fouls the whole game, leading to 7 free throw attempts, which was useless for regaining confidence in our shot. Novik’s 12 point, 14 rebound effort led our team in both categories, while PG Nic Moore had 19 points, nine dimes, and seven pilfers, in a stylish near triple-double.

Record: 22-17

16 January, vs Thunder (6-30): W 94-61

I hope this game will restore confidence after the crushing blow against the Grizz. Novik had 19 to go with 15 boards and 5 dimes and we overcome an abysmal 2 point showing from Little to destroy all that the Thunder can throw at us.

Record: 23-17

18 January, vs Kings (21-16): W 89-74

Eli goes for 23 points, and picks up 7 dimes to go with six thefts, while Little was one assist shy of a triple-double. We shoot better than fifty percent on both sides of the arc, and drown the Kings in sorrow. C George Anger led them in scoring with 20.

Record: 24-17

22 January, vs Rockets (23-13): W 80-74

Little’s 17 points and 8 boards take the cake in the win, though Diaz added 9 boards, six dimes, 4 steals, and a deuce of blocks to a 12 point showing, as we down the Rockets. PG Patrick Ahye led the Rockets with 25 and 6 assists.

Record: 25-17

23 January, @ Magic (31-9): L 75-80

Our offensive output this game seemed almost identical to the last, except we were worse at passing, and much less efficient, which led to our loss. Little led our team in scoring, with 17, and Novik had a 15 point, 11 board double-double. The Magic were led by C Dylan Zarco, who had 15 points and 6 boards.

Record: 25-18

24 January, vs Suns (21-18): W 90-89

A bit too close for comfort, we eke out a win behind 24 points and 4 steals from Eli, while Novik did not go unnoticed, scoring 14, to go with 17 boards. Whelan had a 10 point and board double-double. The Suns were led with 16 by C Alberto Krause.

Record: 26-18

My projects:

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now