Welcome to GM Games Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Boston/Kansas City

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Baseballr77

Baseballr77

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2013
Rep - Helpful

Boston sends:

C Burt - MLB

MR  Storen - MLB

SP Bubic - AA

OF Collins - A-

Kansas City sends:

C Realmuto - MLB

1B McNeill - MLB

We do this for two reasons:  first to upgrade our defense at catcher.   Realmuto and Burt, at least ratings wise, are identical except for a slight edge in D for Realmuto and we are hoping that helps or pitching.  Second, we get some very much needed power in McNeill.  As a team we rank 12th with only 75 homeruns this season.  We see no reason McNeill can't put up some homers in Boston the second half of the season.

Storen hasn't had the season we expected from him for us so we are cutting ties now.  Bubic was the toughest to move, a lefty we just drafted should help KC out in a couple years once he has filled out.  Collins will be an solid hitter and he's only 19.

Thanks and good luck the rest of the way Chappy

Boston Redsox GM

Career Record:  529-605 

2012: 82-80 3rd place

2013: 93-69 World Series Champions

2014:  84-78 4th Place

2015:  73-89 4th Place

2016:  64-98 4th Place

2017:  72-90 5th Place

2018:  61-101 5th Place

"Sooner Born, Sooner Bred, When I Die, I'll Be Sooner Dead"

Chappy

Chappy

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2019
Rep - Floater

KC confirms!

I felt like we were able to get a couple of nice prospects for a minor downgrade at catcher and a struggling but talented pitcher.  We have to take on some salary but I feel like the prospects make it worth it.

Tough to lose McNeill but he wasn't producing in this environment.  Curious to see what happens with Storen; my scouts seem to like him a lot but he's been bad in Boston.

Thanks to Boston and good luck!

Side note: So far through my trades I've gone from 26th to 19th in system rankings, and the team has played a little better as well.  Still not sure why this group did not gel from the get go, feel like I started with a pretty talented group.

matteise

matteise

MLB Pro Co-Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 677 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: February 2013
Rep - Helpful

PROCESSED!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users