GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1608 posts
  • 161 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

In this topic I will continuously announce new blog posts. Please feel free to comment if you have any feedback or questions regarding the latest blog post announced.

Posted July 06, 2019 - 02:41 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1608 posts
  • 161 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

The BIG release - a retrospective

Posted July 06, 2019 - 11:13 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • 25 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

If there is anyway some of us can help in terms of getting the help files and guide please let us know. Anything we can do to help ease what you have to do would help I would think.

Posted July 07, 2019 - 12:27 AM

StevieY

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationWashington
Are there any plans for a free league in the future?

Posted July 07, 2019 - 10:42 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1608 posts
  • 161 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

If there is anyway some of us can help in terms of getting the help files and guide please let us know. Anything we can do to help ease what you have to do would help I would think.

That's a great idea! Thanks for suggesting this.

I have made a clean up of the help files section and added the new help files I'm working on. I have also made a post on how to contribute to these.

http://forums.gmgame...-to-help-files/

Posted July 10, 2019 - 01:29 PM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Outstanding

I just hope the amount of current users is enough to keep the game going. I completely agree on that the lack of help files is probably one of the biggest reasons why a new manager doesn't stick around. I remember when I started and I was lost like a cuckoo. Fortunately, I wanted to find a great hockey manager game so badly that I bombed the chat with questions until I started to get the hang of it, probably driving a few veterans on the brink of insanity in the process (thank you for tolerating me so well). A general guide is great to have, but I'd also wish to see some terms opened a little in a way they're easy to understand. I'm still a little lost with some of them. For example, the term "gritty". I know what kind of a player is gritty in real life, but how does that translate into the game. What specifics am I looking? That's just to point out one example.

Future plans sound very good. Let's start building towards 3.0 :)

Posted July 11, 2019 - 04:39 PM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable
you need more micromanagment... chemistry between players, lines playing different style, etc...

as it is now, aside from a tweak or two, once you set your team - not much to do besides trading...

Posted July 11, 2019 - 07:08 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • 25 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

There actually is chemistry between players as I understand it. That said unless your team hits it off instantly there is always some fiddling that could be done to the lineup to try to find a better performing lineup.

Posted July 12, 2019 - 06:17 AM

Wick Schozen

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Outstanding

There actually is chemistry between players as I understand it. That said unless your team hits it off instantly there is always some fiddling that could be done to the lineup to try to find a better performing lineup.

Yeah and at the very least if there is no chemistry built into the game engine yet there are still ways to try and improve the output of your players. The game performance average is a good measurement of if roster tweeks have helped. If I have a guy who's performing in the low 70s but I think he should be performing better I will shuffle him around to try and improve that. 

Posted July 16, 2019 - 02:27 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1608 posts
  • 161 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Are there any plans for a free league in the future?

Still in the backlog but no release date for this feature

you need more micromanagment....

Agreed.

Posted July 30, 2019 - 02:57 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1608 posts
  • 161 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

We've updated our privacy policy

https://gameplanhock.../privacy-policy

Posted September 12, 2019 - 01:27 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1608 posts
  • 161 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden
Important information regarding online payments.

On September 14th new regulations regarding online payment comes into force within the EU. This means that banks may start to decline online card payments if they're not complying with what's called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA).

Read the full post here:
https://gameplanhock...-september-14th

Posted October 02, 2019 - 03:22 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1608 posts
  • 161 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

We've gotten reports that payments have been declined the past few days. This may be due to the new rules that was enforced by September 14th within the EU. See this blog post for more info: https://gameplanhock...-september-14th

As the blog post says, we have made updates to our payment and subscription services to fulfil these new requirements. But these updates only affects new users, so all of you that signed up before September 14th may still be affected by banks declining your payments.

So if your bank has declined your payment please try to update your payment method by visiting your manager page and choose Subscription from the Action menu. Also note that you can re-enter the same card information as previously. The difference this time is that you may be prompted to confirm the transaction and you're also confirming that you intent to setup a recurring subscription.

Subscription payments will be re-tried automatically up to five times within a two week period before being canceled.

If this still doesn't help please send us a message at support@gameplanhockey.com

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users