Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

Yeah! There is now couple season already played and probably some star players have new contracts. Which kind of deals you have made? At least spotted G Kaiden Smoke 3y 11,6M$ and G Diego Geolier 3y 10,45M$. Also there is (my) D Davin Coronado 9y 8,5M$ already from season 1.

Posted June 26, 2019 - 12:17 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
That’s just crazy big money - those of us in lower leagues don’t even have that for our cap - LOL!

Posted June 26, 2019 - 10:33 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • 25 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

Deals like that were rare as all going back to the old build. That is ridiculous money to be throwing at one player.

Posted June 26, 2019 - 10:46 PM

Kyle44

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2019
Rep - Helpful

Deals like that were rare as all going back to the old build. That is ridiculous money to be throwing at one player.

Not even part of buzzer but... anyways if you think about NHL, those are very fair salaries to be giving in this game if you think about what the star players make in real life.  Those contracts could handcuff a team but that is the commitment and sacrifice you make for talent.

Posted June 27, 2019 - 08:26 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • 25 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

NHL doesn't translate when the cap here is 10 million lower and player demands are roughly 2/3rds of NHL equivalent demands.

Posted June 27, 2019 - 11:37 PM

Mattti0

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

NHL doesn't translate when the cap here is 10 million lower and player demands are roughly 2/3rds of NHL equivalent demands.

Well at least I know that one of those goalies was asking 13,3M$ with 6 years

Posted June 28, 2019 - 01:05 AM

Kyle44

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2019
Rep - Helpful

11-13 may be a tad high but 9 or 10 million for a star player is completely reasonable imo.  Especially since we aren't paying coaching staff salaries, large buyout penalties, retaining salary, etc.  So I still even think that the high salary deals are fair and at least keep the game interesting.  If no one had to deal with cap-hell then no one would be inclined to trade or waive players.

Posted June 30, 2019 - 03:08 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • 25 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

Problem is that I don't think that managers are going to have to deal with serious cap issues still. I say that because I think players are not going to demand salaries based upon their skills and instead demand based too much upon where in the lineup they played. This was the issue in the past that allowed teams to collect top end talent and then keep it. I agree that in the ballpark of 9-10 is about what you should have to pay for a McDavid esque player in this game with where the cap is as that is about right. I just hope that those players on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines of the top teams that have grown beyond where they are in the lineup are asking for salary reflecting that fact thus creating that cap crunch issue. Early indications aren't showing that to be the case yet.

Posted July 13, 2019 - 05:19 PM

flowbish1

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2017
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationK'ek part au Québec.
What a first half-season! I just wanted to be in the playoffs for my first year....

Posted August 08, 2019 - 12:10 AM

StevieY

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationWashington
Well, guess I'll be spending another season in the Lower. I really thought that I had a good enough team to promote this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users