ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Big win today over the Praire Stars! Phillipe "Big Bill" Haywood is now averaging a .943 save percentage with three shutouts (including today).

Posted July 15, 2019 - 04:13 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

And again against my Hawks... Haywood and your defense are insane.

Posted July 17, 2019 - 09:16 AM

Erzac

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

"So, GM Erzac, how do you feel about your team's current performance?"

Attached Files

Posted July 17, 2019 - 02:19 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

"So, GM Erzac, how do you feel about your team's current performance?"

ha!  Yeah, I've been on RL vacation for a few weeks so not very active here, but have been wanting to ask you what is different this season?!?!  Plenty of time to turn it around, trust me!

Posted July 17, 2019 - 04:04 PM

Erzac

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

ha!  Yeah, I've been on RL vacation for a few weeks so not very active here, but have been wanting to ask you what is different this season?!?!  Plenty of time to turn it around, trust me!

Welp, the biggest issue I suppose is my starter getting injured for 17 days. And my backup... at this point I can only assume he has misunderstood the term "goaltending" as guiding pucks into his own net.

Even still, I feel I'm having a streak of bad luck on top of that. After the injury, riding the backup, the team has gone 2-0-4-9. Wright is a big factor in the team, sure, but there should be enough quality in the team to pull off a (much) better record than that even when he's out.

But I still have my mind set on another cup run - will be all the more satisfying after climbing from the bottom of the standings.

Posted July 18, 2019 - 01:48 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

The next 8 or so games for me will show if my early success is fleeting or if I've truly turned the team around from last season's mess.  All 8 games are against teams currently in the playoffs and most in the top half of the standings.  Lost a weird one against Leopards last night.  We each had a SHG and he went 1/2 on PP against the #1 PK unit in the league (well, before last night, haha!) by getting three goals in the 3rd to win 4-2.  Didn't help I was short handed the last 3.5 minutes of the game either!  

Posted July 18, 2019 - 02:21 PM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

The next 8 or so games for me will show if my early success is fleeting or if I've truly turned the team around from last season's mess.  All 8 games are against teams currently in the playoffs and most in the top half of the standings.  Lost a weird one against Leopards last night.  We each had a SHG and he went 1/2 on PP against the #1 PK unit in the league (well, before last night, haha!) by getting three goals in the 3rd to win 4-2.  Didn't help I was short handed the last 3.5 minutes of the game either!  

There's been a SHG scored in just about 50% of my games this season.  Think that's the 9th one scored against me in 22 games - and I've probably scored 4 or 5.  Crazy.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted July 18, 2019 - 04:33 PM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable

Welp, the biggest issue I suppose is my starter getting injured for 17 days. And my backup... at this point I can only assume he has misunderstood the term "goaltending" as guiding pucks into his own net.

Even still, I feel I'm having a streak of bad luck on top of that. After the injury, riding the backup, the team has gone 2-0-4-9. Wright is a big factor in the team, sure, but there should be enough quality in the team to pull off a (much) better record than that even when he's out.

But I still have my mind set on another cup run - will be all the more satisfying after climbing from the bottom of the standings.

Yeah, SHL cup ;)

Posted July 18, 2019 - 04:34 PM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable
Now you set an even bigger stage for a shocker ;)

Posted July 18, 2019 - 10:36 PM

Tyrod Gibson

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCalgary

The next 8 or so games for me will show if my early success is fleeting or if I've truly turned the team around from last season's mess.  All 8 games are against teams currently in the playoffs and most in the top half of the standings.

Same!

my next 11 are all current playoff teams >.<

Posted July 19, 2019 - 11:55 AM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Just a courtesy post to say that I'll be on vaca for the next 8 days.  Phone service will be limited.  Will respond to messages, offers when I can.

Posted July 22, 2019 - 02:11 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
5 injuries in two days - can’t catch a break - it’s non stop for both teams.

Posted July 24, 2019 - 06:19 AM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable

And the final piece of puzzle for the season is here, goalie.

Now we have mighty offense and somewhat shaky defence and decent goalie. Tho current one was surprisingly good.

Traded away all my picks, I guess I am way to impatient for that :DDD

Posted July 25, 2019 - 04:22 AM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Big game against Leopards today. Last time it was 7-2 for Pauls side, worst defeat in franchise (tho short it is) history. However, many players changed teams from both sides and this will be whole new game...

Dragons have streak of 8-1-0-1, while Leopards are at 7-1-2-0 coming from a 6-1 win against Tomahawks. Also, both team are using different styles... a true test for my new tactics :)

Posted July 25, 2019 - 09:09 AM

Erzac

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Hold on to your hats, ladies and gents. The Cats aren't done yet.

Attached Files

Posted July 25, 2019 - 01:46 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Hold on to your hats, ladies and gents. The Cats aren't done yet.

Yep you handled Elite pretty well.  

Then I just got thumped by Alex and Red Time 5-0.  I need to bring sexy back!  4 game losing streak!!!!

Posted July 25, 2019 - 03:17 PM

AlexanderRasputin

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2018
Rep - Reliable

Yep you handled Elite pretty well.  

Then I just got thumped by Alex and Red Time 5-0.  I need to bring sexy back!  4 game losing streak!!!!

You've got a deep young squad, they will rebound. Could use a better keeper though, if you aim for the top half of the standings.

Posted July 25, 2019 - 05:03 PM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Big game against Leopards today. Last time it was 7-2 for Pauls side, worst defeat in franchise (tho short it is) history. However, many players changed teams from both sides and this will be whole new game...

Dragons have streak of 8-1-0-1, while Leopards are at 7-1-2-0 coming from a 6-1 win against Tomahawks. Also, both team are using different styles... a true test for my new tactics :)

I held the Fab Five (Breton, McGraw, Arnesen, Viviers, Ranta) to 1 point and a combined -2.  Unfortunately, Hector Hoglund, the 81 Overall, 176 lb. stud scored a goal and 2 assists +3 for the win.  Crazy stuff.

Posted July 26, 2019 - 04:43 AM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Paul, yeah... first time this season that my energy line did something :DDD

Sry, doesn't feel right :D

Do I need to tell you that my fellow assitant informed me that Hoglund wasn't happy with his game perfomance and that it dented his confidence? The boy surely set his goals high.

Posted July 26, 2019 - 05:13 AM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable
Here, I talked to assistant to clear some things.

IP: Hi mate, lets talk about the game yesterday. And some other reports from last week.
A: Ok.
IP: We won 5-2 yesterday.
A: Yes.
IP: Lets discuss your report.
A: Ok.
IP: Team showed no signs of underestimating our opponent.
A: No, they didn't. They went in the game fierce and furious.
IP: But the team captains failed to prepare the team on our opponent?
A: Well, yes...
IP: How so?
A: I don't know... maybe they didn't prepare... uhm... maybe they didn't motivate players enough.
IP: Lets talk about Hoglund. 3 points for 6 minutes of ice time. Awesome.
A: Yeah, but he wasn't quite happy with his performance. His confidence is dented and he is crying in locker room now.
IP: How so?
A: He had 0 hits and 0 takeaways.
IP: But he scored a goal and had two assists.
A: No hits, no takeaways...
IP: Lets talk about Breton. He didn't have best of game, but you said that his bodychecks really boosted his confidence.
A: Yeah, but he displayed some very weak bodychecks.
IP: Ok?
A: Well, he is a player who gets his cofidence boosted only if he does weak bodychecks.
IP: Oh, ok. I didn't know that. Lets talk about game against Tomahawks, where our goalie got pulled out in first peried after allowing 4 goals from 7 shots. How did he feel after the game?
A: Great, he was very happy with his performance and it took his game to whole another level.
IP: I can see that. I see you mentioned that he didn't fit his role good? (Role 30)
A: Ah, yes. Well, he is a goalie, but naturally he is soccer goalie and being on the ice really makes it hard for him.
IP: Berthellete had a fine game. You mention that he protected the puck really well in the offensive zone.
A: Yeah, he was awesome.
IP: He also had great checking game.
A: Yes, thats what he does. I gave him 80 for his physical performance.
IP: But your report states that he failed in physical play getting past the opponent with the puck.
A: Yeah, he can't handle the puck.
IP: But he protected the puck really well?
A: Yeah, when he got the puck he protected him along the boards great, but if he skates with it then he failed.
IP: Ok. One more thing comes to mind.
A: Yes?
IP: You said that Arnesen wasn't affected by fatigue during the game at all.
A: Nope, he is incredible.
IP: But you said that he had problems with endurance and failed in recovery. Recovery of what?
A: I don't know.
IP: How he wasn't affected by fatigue if he had problems with endurance?
A: Uhm, maybe he was saving himself for last period and then, I don't know, game finished and he realised that he isn't fatigued at all.
IP: Ok. Cya tomorrow.
A: Bye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users