AlexanderRasputin

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2018
Rep - Reliable

With the end of the season here, I decided to create an awards list for best players in GHL Cage, using NHL template as example - to make it more of a lived-in world, and simply because I think the players deserve some individual recognition for all the work they have done for us this season.

Calculations are shown where relevant. Runner-ups for each category are also included. Enjoy!

ART ROSS TROPHY (Most League Points)

IAN FREROT (Wolverines) - 91 points    (https://gameplanhock...er?gpid=10043-A)

Elouan Scott (Red Tide)

Jeremie Cline (Stray Cats)

ALEX OVECHKIN TROPHY - (Top Goalscorer)

ELOUAN SCOTT (Red Tide) - 46 goals                  (
https://gameplanhock...yer?gpid=3196-A)

Ian Frerot (Wolverines)

Jeremy Lawhorn (Wolverines)

SILVER PLATTER TROPHY (Best Playmaker) 

PATRICK GORNELL (Red Tide) - 56 assists           (https://gameplanhock...yer?gpid=1776-A)

Marek Koch (Prairie Stars)/Ian Frerot (Wolverines)

VEZINA TROPHY (Best Goaltender)

KWESI CUTTER (Prairie Stars)                (https://gameplanhock...alie?gpid=324-A)

Gregoire Wright (Stray Cats)

Renaud Pettigrew (Hawks)

NORRIS TROPHY (Best Defenceman)

TENHO SUOMI (Ricochet)                       (https://gameplanhock...yer?gpid=4037-A)

Marek Koch (Prairie Stars)

Clemens Andresen (Union)

• Calculated with the following formula among D: [PTS + Plus/Minus + BKS - GVA + TKA], PER also taken into consideration

SELKE TROPHY (Best Defensive Forward)

WESLEY SOUDERS (Leopards)                   (https://gameplanhock...yer?gpid=8314-A)

Elouan Scott (Red Tide)

Jeremie Cline (Stray Cats), 

• Calculated with the following formula among F: [PTS + Plus/Minus + BKS - GVA + TKA]

LADY BYNG TROPHY (Most Gentlemanly Player)

IAN FREROT (Wolverines)               (https://gameplanhock...er?gpid=10043-A)

Ondrej Valabik (Hawks)

• Calculated with the following formula [PTS - PIM]

HART TROPHY (League MVP)

KWESI CUTTER (Prairie Stars) - 80 PER        (https://gameplanhock...alie?gpid=324-A)

Elouan Scott (Red Tide)

Clemens Andresen (Union)

*Notes: Calculations may not be entirely accurate due to limited visibility and inability to sort by position in GPHM stats format - if anyone sees mistakes, let me know and I will fix.

Posted May 30, 2019 - 03:08 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • 24 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

I'm not sure +/- should be a factor at all in the calculations. Also for defensive forward I'm not sure points should be a factor either. Either way great work.

Posted May 30, 2019 - 03:12 PM

AlexanderRasputin

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

I agree that +/- is always questionable, but the NHL does take it into account, hence I did the same here. 

I had to take PTS into calculation, because only the Top 20 players in any category are visible through GPHM - would be nearly impossible to narrow down the right candidates without using PTS as a baseline of sorts.

Posted May 30, 2019 - 03:23 PM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Helpful
Great idea and great work. I would suggest that we add screenshots of players, at least overview.

I can crop them so you can fit them easily.

Posted May 30, 2019 - 03:30 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Awesome work!  I was thinking about doing something similar, but I'm glad someone beat me to it. 

Great to see a Leopard win one.  Helluva season, Souders!

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted May 30, 2019 - 03:59 PM

AlexanderRasputin

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

The easiest way would be to add links to player pages beside their names. I can go through and do that, at least for the winners.

Great idea and great work. I would suggest that we add screenshots of players, at least overview.

I can crop them so you can fit them easily.

Posted May 30, 2019 - 04:08 PM

AlexanderRasputin

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Awesome work!  I was thinking about doing something similar, but I'm glad someone beat me to it. 

Great to see a Leopard win one.  Helluva season, Souders!

Definitely had to be done! Few surprises with some of the winners and runner-ups for sure. Souders was one for me, but well deserved. That is the beauty of hockey.

Posted May 30, 2019 - 07:09 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Clemens Andresen was robbed! Sad!

Posted May 30, 2019 - 07:49 PM

AlexanderRasputin

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Clemens Andresen was robbed! Sad!

It's the Karlsson dilemma - is it given to pure offensive defencemen, or should actual defensive skill be rewarded?

We may need to split the trophy into Best Offensive Defenceman and Best Defensive Defenceman.

Posted May 30, 2019 - 08:03 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • 24 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

Best overall defensemen. It wouldn't be too bad an idea to offer another reward for most points by a Dman.

As for defensive you can sort by blocks and takeaways. Not a lot of forwards would likely show up though. Thus the time consuming task of searching through each team would have to be done. Thus if you want I'd be willing to do that.

Posted May 30, 2019 - 09:31 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

It's the Karlsson dilemma - is it given to pure offensive defencemen, or should actual defensive skill be rewarded?

We may need to split the trophy into Best Offensive Defenceman and Best Defensive Defenceman.

I wasn't really serious, but separate awards would be a better idea. Less handwringing and gatekeeping over a single award that way.

(Not to be rude, but unilaterally giving out awards without feedback from others managers is a bit gatekeeper-ish)

Posted May 30, 2019 - 11:07 PM

AlexanderRasputin

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

The "gatekeeping" comment is a reach. The awards are not official and the same feedback you mention is going on right now.

Posted May 31, 2019 - 12:16 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
“Ok team, let’s hage a meeting next week to discuss this more in depth - Paul you do research on...” What the heck! This is seriously where this conversation is taking my mind - to my job! This is a game! Let’s loosen up a bit, get creative, no paper stamping, super analytical feedback needed.

On another note, Rasputin’s team just shoved a stick up my guys’ rears the last game in Buzzer. Still pulling the splinters out...which reminds me, this is primarily a GHL conversation so I’ll let you guys get back to it, this GM is going to hop back in my 95’ Toyota Camry and have a Bologna sandwhich my grandma made me before heading to the rink to coach overweight bon-bon eating ice slugs!

Posted May 31, 2019 - 05:54 AM

Erzac

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland
Awesome thread!

I like how Cline is a runner-up in 4 out of 6 possible trophies.

Posted May 31, 2019 - 08:38 AM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

The "gatekeeping" comment is a reach. The awards are not official and the same feedback you mention is going on right now.

Great. Good to know that you don't think unilaterally declaring awards isn't biased or subjective. I'll be sure to unilaterally declare some awards as well. :)

Posted May 31, 2019 - 08:59 AM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

The easiest way would be to add links to player pages beside their names. I can go through and do that, at least for the winners.

Sounds good. The only problem is that they will probably dissapear once players are retired and if we want to create legacy - might be better to have something that will stay permanently :)

speaking of that, why can't I link a picture here... :/

Posted May 31, 2019 - 11:07 AM

AlexanderRasputin

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Sounds good. The only problem is that they will probably dissapear once players are retired and if we want to create legacy - might be better to have something that will stay permanently :)

speaking of that, why can't I link a picture here... :/

I'm 100% behind the legacy aspect - building the history of the world is what makes this awesome. 

If you can grab the images and store them on an external site (i.e. Imgur), I can link them back in here. Team effort ;)

Posted May 31, 2019 - 12:38 PM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Ofc, will do it today :)

Posted May 31, 2019 - 02:55 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Since (most) of us can take a good joke on here, it'd be great to also see more creative awards.  For instance, rookie of the year would be a good legit one for a player that is in his first season in GHL (no matter the age) who leads in points or whatever stats you want to toss in.

Some other funny ones could be:

Best/Worst Goals Per $ spent

Worst Plus/Minus

Swiss Cheese Award for Goalie that meets minimum games played requirement (~10) and lowest Save %

Broken Stick Award for the player with the most Giveaways

Open to other suggestions, but whatever award people come up with, please explain your methodology just so we know.  

Posted May 31, 2019 - 03:30 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Since (most) of us can take a good joke on here, it'd be great to also see more creative awards.  For instance, rookie of the year would be a good legit one for a player that is in his first season in GHL (no matter the age) who leads in points or whatever stats you want to toss in.

Some other funny ones could be:

Best/Worst Goals Per $ spent

Worst Plus/Minus

Swiss Cheese Award for Goalie that meets minimum games played requirement (~10) and lowest Save %

Broken Stick Award for the player with the most Giveaways

Open to other suggestions, but whatever award people come up with, please explain your methodology just so we know.  

+1000

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users