eco

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2019
Rep - Floater

What problem have hockey manager online have with the main feature of hockey that is the fights?

Out USA, canada people know hockey only because of fight is a VERY important feature of the game, have persons that watch a game of hockey only to see a fight. Why is out?

I sugest hockey gameplan put a robust fight engine in the game, and quick, make hockey more like he is, a fisical game, not a soccer in ice.

Posted May 14, 2019 - 12:36 AM

Kyle44

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: March 2019
Rep - Floater

I am confused AF...

Unless I completely missed something, there is fighting in this game.  First off, on the player stat page, it shows fighting majors (FM).  Second, It shows who fought who in the game boxscore page.

Fighting in hockey is becoming rarer (unfortunately lol), and so the amount of fighting simulated in this game is actually more than modern hockey.  

Might have missed what you were implying but I think it is currently fine the way it is

eco

Posted May 14, 2019 - 06:22 AM

eco

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

hello. Thanks for the answer.

I saw around 10 penalty card of games of my team, have all kind of penalty but dont have a single fight.

Today dont have many fights, but is there fight yet in hockey and this is part of game. Ice hockey is know to be a violent and phisical play and this part is missed by all games of hockey manager and too gameplan.

My sugestion to gameplan is put a kind of strategy turned to a violent game, for example if you have a goon (enforce) in line you avoid injuries to your players and grow chance of injury of adversary other team what force the other team have other enforcer. Other thiink nice is detail the fight like ehm do, put chance of injure in a fight is a good move too.

Posted May 14, 2019 - 10:37 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Physicality is a pretty big part of this game.  You can even select offensive and defensive tactics that are based on physicality.  And there is fighting.  If you want more, I would recommend players with a high Physical attribute.  Tough and Agitator players should help, too.  And you can select players to be Enforcers.

My team averages a fighting major once every two games, which seems about right.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

eco

Posted May 14, 2019 - 11:26 PM

eco

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

i see now that have fight in game, congrats, but the heart feature of hockey can improve.

bring rivalries between teams and players, put feature to enforce that when in line avoid injuries of their teamates and promove injuries to adversaries players, injuries in fights is good way too. how about a list of most feared enforcers at league, this is inovation regards others hockey browse games.

sorry my english, thi isnt my mother language

Posted May 15, 2019 - 03:47 AM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Fighting is less and less essential in hockey, so no thanks to this kind of feature. Got injury problems quite enough as it is.

It has never been a "heart feature" anyway.

eco

Posted May 15, 2019 - 07:29 AM

eco

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

i know that alot of people go watch a game of hockey only because the fight.

Fight is a horrid think, and GM of nhl know this but dont remove from the game, because he knows if he do this the games have great chance to die. I only want help gameplan became more real possible. Days ago i talking with a friend of mine here in Brazil about footbal and he told to my that him dad like watch hockey because the fights that thinks turn the game more diferent than soccer and other sports.

Posted May 17, 2019 - 08:48 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

i know that alot of people go watch a game of hockey only because the fight.

I'm not sure about international leagues, but the NHL has only averaged a single fight every 5 games for the past two seasons.  I enjoy the fights more than the average fan and would hate it if the league ever banned it, but there's so much more to the sport.  Fighting is only a small fraction of the entertainment.  Wouldn't boxing or MMA be a better option for those who are just tuning in to see a fight?

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users