Kyle44

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2019
Rep - Helpful

So I was wondering if, in the future, it would be possible for us to manage our affiliate teams too.  It kind of sucks when a free agent or bad player is getting better playing minutes over a prospect that I want to grow.  I also think it would make the developing system a little better as if you want to work on a player's defense, you can play them in a more defensive role as opposed the the computer tossing them wherever.  I know training is partially available to do this, but being able to make a player more well-rounded in the aspects we want would be cool by setting up and managing affiliate team lines.

Also, I saw in a different forum, the idea of adding national teams.  To expand on that, having a world cup would be really cool and it would also add something else for us to follow when our team gets eliminated from the playoffs, as there is only so much you could do with scouting and contracts at the end of the season.

Just a couple of suggestions.  Hope to see these added, but otherwise, I've been liking 2.0 so far

Posted May 31, 2019 - 11:14 AM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Outstanding

I'd root for limited management options for affiliates, mostly because of the aforementioned securing of TOI for players that are serious prospects for the main team's future. The training aspect is great as well.

Posted June 01, 2019 - 06:22 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • 24 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

I know training is partially available to do this, but being able to make a player more well-rounded in the aspects we want would be cool by setting up and managing affiliate team lines.

So far as I understand it the training fully does this.

Posted June 01, 2019 - 11:48 AM

Kyle44

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

So far as I understand it the training fully does this.

I'm getting at when you have a player getting 6 minutes in your affiliate while some bum is getting 20 minutes a game.  Your prospect's growth is either going to be really slow, or they are going to have a lower ceiling than what they should with no growth at all.  When I got promoted to the GHL I had a bunch of 2way deals that I buried in the minors.  Since I had something like 15 forwards, 3 of them were always sitting.  That happened to be my prospects.  They weren't even that bad players either.  2 of them were 77 overall at 20 years old, and because of my older players getting playing time over them, they had no growth at all in any aspect of their game that season.

Posted June 03, 2019 - 08:34 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • 24 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

Sorry. I don't specifically know how much of a difference it makes to have them playing a lot vs a little. I don't think anyone does outside of Anders because testing that would be impossible. Outside of the known note that they get better faster if they are happy with their performance I am not sure that it matters. That said if you are concerned about playing time try not to have too many players above them on the minor team is the best that you can do. That said I think the easiest solution would be just having the ability to have an organizational depth chart and the minor team would go off of that.

Posted June 03, 2019 - 10:55 PM

Wick Schozen

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Was pushing this about a year ago for prospect development. One thing that used to baffle me was players would be playing out of position. I'd have top defensemen prospects playing as centers because they were the highest overall on my affiliate while my center prospects were playing wing.

As far as I'm aware the only way to improve faceoff rating is by the player taking a high volume of faceoffs. So my centermen would always be left in my affiliate longer because I could get them almost 800 faceoffs in the minors as opposed to only 300 when playing in my bottom six. 

As for players getting stuck behind bums in your affiliate. If you have the ability to create a second affiliate I'd be sending the older players to the bottom affiliate while having only top prospects on the top affiliate. That allowed my top prospects to all get top 6/top 4 minutes. 

Posted June 29, 2019 - 04:11 AM

Fredd Dredd

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: September 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationSweden
What's the problem? We got three waiver spots for this.
When it comes to playing out of position, i have not noticed this. Maybe becouse i have a basically filled affiliate roster, or maybe i have just not kept up with it.

Posted June 29, 2019 - 08:44 AM

Kyle44

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Well my problem is that I have 11 forwards, 6 dmen playing in my minor league team ( so many players cause I promoted). For some reason one of my prospects is scratched when there is an open spot available. Instead a computer without a link is playing. As rain said, we dont know exactly how much playing time affects development, but if it does we should be able to manage the playing time given. As far as waiving players, I only use that for 1 way contacts or i will just buyout the player. Typically, my players have trade value so i dont like giving them away for free. Also, ghl teams dont have access to a second affiliate.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users