Sign in to follow this  
Adam

DDS: Pro Basketball 3: Winning Strategies

Adam Czech here, basketball sim writer here at GM games.

How is everybody doing in their Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 3 dynasties? I must admit, this game is difficult (and that's a good thing).

My basketball philosophy has always been to have a dynamic guard or small forward as the go-to player and surround him with 3-point shooters and big guys who might be clumsy on offense but block a lot of shots and clog the lane.

So far that strategy has gotten me mixed results on DDS: PB3. Derrick Rose is my point guard. He's a stud, so no worries there. My bigs were Andrew Bogut and Serge Ibaka, but I traded Ibaka (more on that later). My SF/SG slots rotate between Chase Buddinger, Jordan Crawford, Thabo Sefolosia (or however you spell his name) and Shane Battier.

I traded Ibaka halfway through my first season. He was underperforming and making a ton of money so I dumped him to a bad team for their draft pick (ended up being No. 6 overall). Udonis Haslem stepped in as the starter and my team got better. I made the playoffs as a seventh seed, won my first-round matching, then lost in round two in five games.

My next season hasn't gone well at all so far. I was already over the salary cap, so my only free agent signings were a backup PG an backup PF for depth. I drafted a PF with the pick I got for Ibaka and he's been terrible so far.

I don't think my team is efficient enough. Derrick Rose scores a ton, but needs a lot of shots and turns it over a bunch. Buddinger is really good, but can be really streaky. Ditto for Crawford.

I probably need to go for more efficiency in addition to my dynamic guard/defense-orientated big-man strategy.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this