Photo

[BUI] Player contract (Not accepting 2-way)

• Please log in to reply

Posted April 24, 2019 - 06:34 PM

Kyle44

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2019
Rep - Helpful

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have 2 players (one 77 overall, the other 80) that will not accept any GHL contracts when I take it off one way.  For GHL, 77 and 80 overall is not great and I've tested offering a 4-year deal, 8 million for them on a two-way deal and they still won't accept (original asking price was 4 years at $600,000, one way).  I am not sure if it is normal for low-end players to reject that much money on the term they requested, just for a 1-way deal.

If this is a new feature that they are more stubborn, then it makes sense.  But if it is a glitch, hopefully you can sort it out soon as they are players I would want to keep

Posted April 25, 2019 - 10:16 AM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1601 posts
  • 161 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden
I’ve seen this behavior in a couple of other cases. The overalls is a little too low for not accepting two-way contracts regardless of offered salary. I’ll have a closer look at this for future releases.

Posted April 25, 2019 - 04:11 PM

Kyle44

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2019
Rep - Helpful

Ok thanks!

Posted April 26, 2019 - 11:11 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

So not sure if this is related, but I had a 80ovr 1w contract in GHL.  Not nearly good enough for GHL, so I thought I'd try to be tricky and release him and resign on a 2way contract.  The original contact was 3 years @ $600,000.  However, I went all the way up to $4.5M on a 2way and he still refused.  

BUT THEN, he just resigned with an SHL team for $1.3M!?!?!??!  WTF gives?  This makes no sense to me.  Granted, not every player should want to play for every team, but this just seems odd unless it really just came down to manager Reputation.  And if that is the case, then it's going to be hard for managers that have a hard 1st season to get any FAs for season 2 when they decide to go to the better teams first, further making the good teams better and the bad teams worse and we end up right where we were in Season 6 or so of Biscuit.  I'm hoping I'm just exaggerating the problem, but is there a pattern showing up?!?!

Posted April 27, 2019 - 12:32 PM

StevieY

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationWashington
I signed 2 players during the off-season in Game World Buzzer. One to an extension, he retired on me and the other one didn't show up for this season. LIHL, New Haven Black Knights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users