Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

It looks like that the training speed is now quite slow and together with the fact that the skills can have a different ceiling for different players, this might be frustrating for the future. 

I noticed that in both my team GHL and CHL, while both are quite young, I was looking forward to see how the training goes. 

The GHL is slow speed, but still I have seen to few skillups in OVR (about the same as skilldowns), which is for young team not very encouraging. But there is small sample - but seeing 31you top4 D with great performance down by 2 OVR in , while no skillup for his 20yo colleague from the pair is a bit depressing. 

But the normal speed CHL is now first season over and after 80 regular season games (+ 3 preseason), i think this is a good sample to judge. My focus is on 20-21yo players:

1) 20yo top line C, powerforward, shown great potential, playing 21:30 per game, no injury (80+3 games played), happy with performance - 77 average, producing at point per game rate, +53 etc. etc. 

He is training hard on general all season long. Here is his skill change list:

+1 in OVR (70->71), +1 in Shooting, +1 in Skating, +0 in Passing, +1 in PuckHandling, +1 in Physical, +2 in Endurance, +4 in Defence, -2 in Spirit.

This is ok-ish in some skill - apparently I should train him in defensive skills, but for 20yo this is slow if this is talented player - he can't follow my team if I promote every other season. And what it is with the -2 in Spirit?!

2) 21yo second line C/F, playmaker, shown great potential, playing 19:00 per game, some injuries (69+3 played), happy with performance - 76 average, producing more than point per game rate, +40 etc. etc.

+0 in OVR (69), +0 in Shooting, +1 in Skating, +0 in Passing, +0 in PuckHandling, +0 in Physical, +0 in Endurance, +0 in Defence, +0 in Spirit.

This is less positive and it goes on (no skill change) for most of my players in their 20ties, except for one 22yo talented D, who gain 1 in OVR. Otherwise only very small changes (+ or - in few, 1 to 3, skills)

3) 31yo second line C, sniper, playing 16:30 per game, no injuries (79+3 played), happy with performance - 75 average, producing more at point per game rate, +51 etc. etc.

-1 in OVR (66->65), +0 in Shooting, +0 in Skating, +0 in Passing, +0 in PuckHandling, -2 in Physical, -6 in Endurance, -1 in Defence, -4 in Spirit.

And if I look at older, it is only worse.

So far my observations: you can train player until 20-22yo (depends on ceiling), then you have almost done player, which will start decrease once he is above 30yo. That is pretty harsh to me, especially if you want to keep some players while promoting to higher leagues. But let's see. 

My question is - is this supposed to be the design on the new release? I'm worried about the decrease of spirit of young players, no training gain for majority of my 21-29 yo players and also about quite fast decrease of already 31yo players. 

Posted April 16, 2019 - 06:07 AM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Outstanding

I've been wondering if this is working as intended as well. I thought the idea was to make growing your own players slightly easier and less cumbersome task. Only thing I've seen happening is earlier decline of veteran players that can hardly be even called veteran yet (had declines on 29 years old players).

Posted April 17, 2019 - 08:44 AM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1574 posts
  • 161 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Other than the reworked player potentials there have been changes to how fast players will decline. Players will now peak around the age 28 and depending on their potentials they will start to decline after the age of 30. This was changed to reflect the NHL today where very few 35+ players are still active in the league.

But the reworked player potentials may also have impacted how fast players develop. I am monitoring this carefully and I do see that players may in some cases develop too fast as juniors to then slow down more than expected. I will make some small adjustments for the next patch.

Thanks for the feedback

Posted April 17, 2019 - 09:33 PM

granpubah

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Reliable

My question is not as detailed as perhasps it should be.  Am Iimagining things or are my players not poping as rapidly.  Also players seems to be lossing OA at a much faster pace than ever before. es verdad?  (is this true)

Posted April 18, 2019 - 03:12 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Yep, the players in juniors gain most of what they are - in entry level contract they can gain 2 OVR per season at best and reach full potential by 21 - i.e. what I see on draft is 6 or 7 OVR from maximum, if talented and less if less talented. 

I agree that 35+ is now rarer in NHL, but I have seen significant drop for players at 31 years (and some drops for 28-30 y). Look, P. Kane is 30, Toews is 30, Crosby is 31, Marchand 30, Wheeler 32, Ovi 33, Burns 33, Giordano 35, Bergeron 33, Krejci 32 etc. All having great year, some even career years. My 31yo top line D dropped 2 OVR in less than half a season. 

Posted May 03, 2019 - 05:13 PM

ColoKrabatt

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Reliable

I'm training slowly but happily.  First center, 25 in first season in attack world (now 27) +1 OA (93->94) and in second season again +1 OA . Although in second season I've played him as 2nd center...

And I found something interesting while searching his development history. When 21, his endurance dropped for 12 (99->87)!!! But last season he made +3 which lead to current 98 endurace. I think his Lazy trait caused the huge drop.  

ATTACK |GHL| KINGSTON KINGSMEN

Posted May 04, 2019 - 07:28 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • 24 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

Lazy, CPU team and not training hard caused it.

That said I've noticed a few things in regards to this. Lower overall players it seems to be less of a thing but a notable one none the less from what I have tracked. There seems to be a massive burst of player growth up to about 19-20 and then the player just hits a proverbial brick wall most of the time. I've seen a few instances that break this rule thus far in both of the worlds I am in however it isn't exactly common.

The thing I am curious about is if this is a thing for the current iteration of players or if it will be persistent through time with all players? If it is just a problem with the current players only then the issue might be a hard to find bug. If it is with all players then it is a clear issue with development.

That said I also wonder if the problem is found will players jump to where they should have been if it is a development bug or will things just be fixed from that point on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users