Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 243 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Hi!

Just want to let you all know that we have this limited offer until the 31st of March were you will get to manage 2 teams for only 1.99$/month for as long as you want to! 

Be sure to sign up before and tell your buddys to!

Posted March 28, 2019 - 07:56 PM

thcsfu

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: December 2015
Rep - Floater

I hope you guys don't take offence to this, but I am very disappointed in gameplanhockey since the new server. I had a very good team that I had played for 30+ seasons. Now it's gone...

I could go on about this and that but I won't. I am quitting and won't come back. I hope those of you who continue playing have fun. 

Good Luck!

Posted April 01, 2019 - 05:41 PM

Bryan Tirva

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationUSA

Steam Profile

Is there a free option? If so, how do I access it because I am unable to pay for the subscription, and as of right now, unable to play the game at all.

Posted April 02, 2019 - 12:33 PM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Outstanding

There is no free option— at least not at the moment.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted April 03, 2019 - 12:25 AM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 243 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding
That’s correct we don’t have a free option after your free 30 days trial. I’m sorry you can’t continue to play but we thought we put a fairly reasonable price to play.

Hope you change your mind and come back!

//Tobias

Posted April 03, 2019 - 12:34 PM

jhodge

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Floater
  • LocationChicago

Steam Profile

I really enjoyed playing this game. I had a bunch of friends and players I coach/ed join up. I was not very happy about my team being taken from me after many of seasons but liked the new look so figured I would give it a go. Today I login to find I have to pay to play? Well it was a fun ride but I will be looking for a different hockey game. Looks like I am not the only one.

Posted April 03, 2019 - 01:38 PM

Smashvilles4Realz

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable
Wow I can’t believe someone is actually playing the “I just logged in to find out we have to pay to play“ card. It’s been a pretty hot topic for about nine months now and management has sent out several messages to keep us in the loop every step of the way. I hate to see anyone go but best of luck finding another good hockey game for free. Maybe try GoodHockey.com .... wait, it shut down because ownership couldn’t afford to put time/money into the game. But best of luck tho I’m sure there’s one out there.

Posted April 03, 2019 - 02:25 PM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Wow I can’t believe someone is actually playing the “I just logged in to find out we have to pay to play“ card. It’s been a pretty hot topic for about nine months now and management has sent out several messages to keep us in the loop every step of the way. I hate to see anyone go but best of luck finding another good hockey game for free. Maybe try GoodHockey.com .... wait, it shut down because ownership couldn’t afford to put time/money into the game. But best of luck tho I’m sure there’s one out there.

There's none. I hate the free ones anyway because they all start with ambitious goals, but quickly dry up to stagnant, glitchy pieces of abandoned games with zero support from the developer. They're great, however, if you enjoy success through exploitation. I concur with everything you say.

Posted April 03, 2019 - 03:05 PM

jhodge

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Floater
  • LocationChicago

Steam Profile

I never understood it was going full paid. My understanding was it was paid for certain features. I do not troll the forum here and only sign into the game twice daily to check on my team. My mistake for not reading into the "topic" further but it does also appear others did not understand either so hop off your high horse bud.

Posted April 03, 2019 - 07:53 PM

Bryan Tirva

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationUSA

Steam Profile

It is not a card or an excuse, from what I understood, there was going to be a free option. In the post it said there would be one, it never said if you don't have a job or under the legal age of employment, don't own a credit card, or just don't the money to pay for games (to name only a few groups of people who would be unable to pay) you are SOL. Since you are able to pay for the game does not mean you should act more superior than the others who misunderstood, so lose the arrogant attitude because it is not at all flattering.

Posted April 03, 2019 - 11:54 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 531 posts
  • 18 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

I'm going to stifle this before it gets out of hand.

Bottom line: During development of v2.0, there were talks of implementing a free option of the game, which would have severe limitations for managers.  The developers decided against this free option.  It may or may not come to fruition down the road.

I'm not exactly rolling in money either, but I look at this way, for the cost of two coffees/sodas per month, I can enjoy this great hockey simulator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users