Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

The post that had to come eventually...

I just wanna mention give a shoutout my favorite jersey designs in each league in no particular order and then also mention some notable designs I thought were missing that extra something. If I don't mention you, your jersey probably sucks. (Just kidding, I just do not want to mention dozens of jerseys as it would take forever.)

GHL:

Yonker Wolverines: it's clean, good color scheme and logo matches

Blenheim Pirates: The jersey really gives me old jersey vibes.

Deferiet Leopards: Colors match nicely and I am really getting a Bruins feeling off this design.

Mississauga Stealheads: it's clean, good color scheme and logo matches

notable mentions: Kegashka Prairie Stars, Scandinavia Steelers, Brass Castle Berserkers, Cedar Rapids Minutemen, Netherhill Nightmares,

SHL:

Crabtree Defenders: Super clean and super simple, I like it.

Benacour Patriots: Idk what to say, it just kept the grabbed the attention of my eyes.

Rocky Mountain House Owls: The logo slides into the design as well as butter.

Louisbourg Lions: It's not often you see a team with a brownish colour scheme, but you nailed it.

Queenston Kingsmen: It's simple, it's clean and I like it.

Noteable: Zenda Destroyers, Englewood sabercats, Mundare Salt Dogs, East Newark Giant Strikers, Canuck Red Dragons, Pittsboro Plastic Attack, Adrian Alley Cats

BHL:

Summertown Six Pack: It's clean and the colors go well together. 

Cape Girardeau: This jersey really give me an major junior vibe, they've got some of my favorite jersey designs.

Noteable: Athabaska Articwolves, Rayne Sea Warriors

CHL: (Trying to limit myself to my favourites, this league was hard, probably because it is not yet full of human managers)

Dustine White Devils: For a busier logo, you've still managed to keep the design as a whole super clean.

Noteable: Okauchee Lake (AI), Courville Barons (AI), Macamik Marauders

IHL:

Altona Bald Eagles: I can't say that I've see many turquoise-ish color schemes, but you've rocked the design.

Chest Springs Ghosts: While I'm not a fan of that type of logo, you've managed to work weave it into your jersey design very well.

Shebandowan Natives: I'm not sure what to say other than I really like the design.

Noteable: North Haven T-Wolves, Coulter Wildfire, Butte City Battlers Clements Badgers

LIHL: 

Fillmore Hill Cats: I thought about putting this into my natable category, however your design had me staring at it a while and I decided that was worth a bump to my favourites category. Super uncommon color scheme, but it works nicely and really pulls your eyes.

Ripon Scorpions: Jersey looks super nice and clean with an uncommon color scheme. My only complaint is that in my opinion, the name doesn't fit with the logo...

Chattanooga Golden Tigers: Colours all fit as smooth as butter.

Noteable: Manila Pacific, Cave Springs Corsairs, Gravenhurst Hounds, Dudleyville Lancers, Rogersville Disaster, Constantine Wild Cats, 

Posted March 20, 2019 - 09:22 AM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

The post that had to come eventually...

Nice work.  I was thinking of doing exactly this, but haven't had a chance to look through every team yet.  I'll add my list to this post eventually...

Deferiet Leopards: Colors match nicely and I am really getting a Bruins feeling off this design.

Go Bs!

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted March 20, 2019 - 05:17 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

No love for my simplistic scarlett and gray approach?  :o

Posted March 20, 2019 - 06:38 PM

MattBerserkers

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

No love for my simplistic scarlett and gray approach? :o

If I don't mention you, your jersey probably sucks.(Just kidding, I just do not want to mention dozens of jerseys as it would take forever.)

I had to cut the love somewhere ;)

Posted March 21, 2019 - 11:54 PM

MattBerserkers

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Lmao, I guess you got to beat me for not putting in your jersey. 

Posted March 23, 2019 - 07:41 PM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Ohh.. didn't notice this thread here for a while.

Well thanks to Matt's pointers, I redesigned the jersey to a much darker color scheme, abandoning the orange completely. https://gameplanhock.../team?gpid=49-A

My preferred jerseys since I've gone through them all...

GHL: Deferiet Leopards (clean and distinctive jersey), Brass Castle Berzerkers and Missisauga Stealheads (both nice and easy to recognize)

SHL: Crabtree Defenders, Rocky Mountain House Owls (I don't mind bright if it's just stylish enough) :)

BHL: Summertown Sixpack (just because it's funny, yet kinda cool), Cape Girardeau Legends (Crisp and nice)

CHL: Finnegan Serpents (One of the few ones where highlight works better than shadow), Dustin White Devils (Cool in its simplicity)

IHL: Butte City Battlers (This league has more meh shirts than any other.. not sure if it's the high amount of computer managers maybe... didn't really check)

LIHL: Fillmore Hillcats, Camden Nighthawks, Torrington Thunderbolts, Ripon Scorpions (nicely distinctive color scheme and easily recognizable), Gravenhurst Hounds (the cool is here), Natashquan Assassins (just like this one for some reason), Goldville Knights (really nice and neat jersey), Harrow Lynx (simply because I think I know where the idea of this shirt comes from), 

Some people like brighter, some darker and some in between.. I was looking at the jerseys and trying to think would I recognize one later. This is kind of moot as well since you tend to remember your worst/best rivalries in any case. A lot of very nice ones, but also a lot of jerseys that I think the manager just didn't care enough to put in the effort.

EDIT: I'm not big on New York Rangers, but as Matt pointed out on chat, the color scheme is not really widely represented, so I decided to run with it while it's still early. If the away jersey ever sees daylight, and I'm going to bug Anders about it until it does, I think using white base color with red highlights spiced with blue numbers and collar will fit quite nicely.

Edit 2: ET2018, your jersey looks good, but it doesn't really make me go ooooh wow! My hometown team used grey jerseys at one point and it's just really doesn't kick me as a main color. I'm just one opinion though. It's very clean and crisp, so if I learn to hate your team enough, I'm sure it's as great of a color choice as any. :D

Edit 3: Pullman T-Birds, I got you marked as an all time enemy. You took my old logo before I got here! :D Can't wait to meet you on ice. Fairplay tactic = ridiculously and overly violent! :P

Posted March 24, 2019 - 12:20 PM

Stupidiot

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: March 2019
Rep - Floater
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Thanks Matt! :cool:

Posted March 24, 2019 - 12:53 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
This is interesting as everything is subjective :D

I’m a designer and tend to lean towards simplicity and cleans, concise pallets but it’s interesting to see what everyone else gravitates toward.. I will say that PaulT did a good job replicating his Bruins’ jerseys ;)

Posted March 24, 2019 - 04:20 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

I was always a fan of the Scarlett/Grey combo (I grew up in Las Vegas, big UNLV fan), so that's why I went with the grey scheme. Works well with Ohio State too. 

Attached Files

Posted March 24, 2019 - 04:44 PM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable

This is interesting as everything is subjective :D
I’m a designer and tend to lean towards simplicity and cleans, concise pallets but it’s interesting to see what everyone else gravitates toward.. I will say that PaulT did a good job replicating his Bruins’ jerseys ;)

Same here :D

Posted April 05, 2019 - 07:15 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Nice work.  I was thinking of doing exactly this, but haven't had a chance to look through every team yet.  I'll add my list to this post eventually...

Go Bs!

Ugh, I actually hate the B's jersey and therefore Paul's!  haha.  But yes, it is subjective.  I prefer to see people's jersey's that are original, give me something I haven't seen before and memorable.  I actually really like Sheshegwaning Dragons jersey a lot!  Also, it's just a fun team name to say, if not spell!  

Related, I wish there was a way to incorporate our jerseys more into the game.  Honestly, other than in our signature on here and on our team homepage, does it even show up anywhere?  Our emblem shows up on the scores and recaps, but not the full jersey.  I think it would be kind of cool (although graphic heavy from a programming standpoint!!!) to see the jersey next to the team name on the Preview and Recap screens, plus in the standings.  Just a very minor opinion.  

I also think that had you bothered to scroll down to the bottom of the standings, you would have loved The Elite's jersey as well!  haha.  Still miss my old emblem shown here as my avatar.  Couldn't find anything remotely close.  

Posted April 05, 2019 - 09:27 AM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Ugh, I actually hate the B's jersey and therefore Paul's!  haha.  But yes, it is subjective.  I prefer to see people's jersey's that are original, give me something I haven't seen before and memorable.

Hey... HEY!  This thread is for "Top" Jerseys, not "Jerseys I think are crap".  :lol:

Posted April 05, 2019 - 03:12 PM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Related, I wish there was a way to incorporate our jerseys more into the game.  Honestly, other than in our signature on here and on our team homepage, does it even show up anywhere?  Our emblem shows up on the scores and recaps, but not the full jersey.  I think it would be kind of cool (although graphic heavy from a programming standpoint!!!) to see the jersey next to the team name on the Preview and Recap screens, plus in the standings.  Just a very minor opinion.  

This has been suggested and it gained quite some favor. The idea was to display jerseys in game previews and reports. This also spawned discussion about away jersey, so the teams would actually show their appropriate jersey whether they're the home team or a visitor. I'm sure it was buried at this point because of time limit. 2.0 had to be pushed out rather fast. I hope, however, that in the not so distant future we'd see this.

Posted May 13, 2019 - 12:47 PM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Wasn't really sure whether I should start a new thread or not, so here goes.

Anyone played around with the editor to create an away jersey for your team as well. While we don't have the option to wear an away jersey "officially" in game— at least not yet, I'm thinking about following the idea of my home town team and play all playoff games wearing away jersey by simply changing the design for the said period just for shits and giggles.

Rippers%20Jerseys.jpg

Posted May 21, 2019 - 12:52 PM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Finally had a chance to sift through all the jerseys.  There's a lot of good ones, so I'll just mention my absolute favorites.

GHL

- Scandinavia Steelers - something about the color combination just pops and the tiny bit of orange on the logo matches the sleeves.

SHL

- Rocky Mountain House Owls - color scheme reminds me of Boston College

- Canuck Red Dragons - love the color combo

BHL

- Summertown Six Pack - this is just brilliant. Not so much the jersey itself, but probably my favorite team name + logo

CHL

- Birnamwood Silver Bullets - LOL - loving the "whatever" vibe here

IHL

- Coulter Wild Fire - great color/logo combo

LIHL

- Fillmore Hill Cats - another good color/logo combo

- Continental Steel

- Goldville Knights

*Honorable mention to about 40 others.

Posted May 21, 2019 - 01:30 PM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Wasn't really sure whether I should start a new thread or not, so here goes.

Anyone played around with the editor to create an away jersey for your team as well. While we don't have the option to wear an away jersey "officially" in game— at least not yet, I'm thinking about following the idea of my home town team and play all playoff games wearing away jersey by simply changing the design for the said period just for shits and giggles.

Rippers%20Jerseys.jpg

Here's some alternate jersey ideas I came up with.

Attached File  5-21-2019 2-18-00 PM.png   167.26KB   1 downloads

Posted May 23, 2019 - 12:29 PM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable

Very nice! White are best looking to me :D

Posted May 23, 2019 - 02:19 PM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Here's some alternate jersey ideas I came up with.

attachicon.gif5-21-2019 2-18-00 PM.png

I like both, the away and 3rd. Great job overall.

Posted May 25, 2019 - 06:16 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States
Decided to tweak mine in time for playoffs to get more merchandise revenues!

Posted May 29, 2019 - 06:19 PM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Okay, so I've been rebranding a lot during this season. First I found the colors I want to have, then I found my old town name from Fishbowl, freed after a manager quit. Now I'm still wishing my old team name would become available, but maybe it was removed being "Wings". So now I'm Pixley Flame, which sounds pretty nice. Hopefully it's the final incarnation and lasts through seasons to come. Reposting jerseys. Like I declared earlier, Pixley is playing playoffs using away jerseys. They go in order of Home -> Away -> 3rd special.Pixley%20Flame%20Jerseys.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users