• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful

Game world Cage

Pittsboro plastic attack https://gameplanhock.../team?gpid=30-A

I might well have messed something up here.

when offering contracts to players playing in Europe, i believe the wording was that the contracts needed to be offered before the end of day 3? not accepted? to join the team for this season

it is now day 4 and a bunch of contracts went, but only some players seem to have come over now, the rest set to join at the end of their contract. 

I am not sure but this might be a bug, i dont think its even the ones i sent out early in day 3 right after the last round of failed signings.(i could be mistaken here) I kind of cut and waived a lot of my team and though i am undoing it now, i sort of have 10 mill in cap space i am not sure if i should be showering on whatever FAs are left or if some correction might bring said players over

came over, definitely offerred before yesterday i think... definitely maybe https://gameplanhock...yer?gpid=8356-A

definitely offered yesterday, pending https://gameplanhock...lie?gpid=1517-A

i thought these two were one of each, but on second thought might be confusing the forwards. 

https://gameplanhock...yer?gpid=8353-A

https://gameplanhock...yer?gpid=8545-A

also for contracts still out there but unsigned, i assume they wont be arriving this season if accepted? (europe, not FA) or if it is a bug and they were offered in time, they would arrive this season if signed?

Posted March 07, 2019 - 04:24 AM

MattBerserkers

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

http://forums.gmgame...ayable-leagues/

Here's another thread about the same thing.

But to reiterate, I'm pretty sure when you offer the contract does not matter, its only the time that the player accepts the contract that matters. If the player accepts on day 1-3, he will immediately join your team, however if he accepts at any other time, he will not come over until day 1 of the next season.

Posted March 07, 2019 - 04:49 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

It does matter, Matt. If you try to offer in Day 4 or 5, it says: 

You're only allowed to sign players in this league during Silly Season at the beginning of each season. However, players with outgoing contracts may be approached once the regular season ends.

Posted March 07, 2019 - 08:29 AM

Naekfor

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

http://forums.gmgame...ayable-leagues/

Here's another thread about the same thing.

But to reiterate, I'm pretty sure when you offer the contract does not matter, its only the time that the player accepts the contract that matters. If the player accepts on day 1-3, he will immediately join your team, however if he accepts at any other time, he will not come over until day 1 of the next season.

I had 4 players accept during the same simulation, one accepted and came over on day 4. I suppose that that could be the bug but i didnt interpret it that way. my apologies, i thought i looked but apparently i didnt before making a new thread

Posted March 08, 2019 - 02:57 AM

Naekfor

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

update, 1/2 the next day, my best guess is its when the contract was offered. we could offer till end of day 3, but it had to be at least before the signing sim that day if not earlier for them to join this season?

https://gameplanhock...lie?gpid=1455-A

https://gameplanhock...yer?gpid=8501-A

unrelated: Im just bitter all my def bids seem to keep rejecting me, last one didnt even sign elsewhere, geesh

Posted March 08, 2019 - 12:15 PM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 232 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding
Well hope I can shed some light into this issue. We looked at everything involving signing players from rest of the world.

There is one bug if you offer your contract to late on day 3. It depends on the simulation that day. We will look into this but for now it will stay like this. So to be sure. Offer your contract before day 3 if trying to sign rest of the world.

There is a little bit more into this issue but that’s the short version. :)

Posted March 08, 2019 - 12:37 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • 23 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

Well hope I can shed some light into this issue. We looked at everything involving signing players from rest of the world.

There is one bug if you offer your contract to late on day 3. It depends on the simulation that day. We will look into this but for now it will stay like this. So to be sure. Offer your contract before day 3 if trying to sign rest of the world.

There is a little bit more into this issue but that’s the short version. :)

There is something odd going on is the best that I can say.

I offered contracts to 6 players on day 3 from the rest of the world for my LIHL team. All eventually accepted however all but one I have to wait until next year. The one that joined my team was the last one I sent a contract offer to. That said they did reject my contract offer I sent before day 3 so I guess that makes a difference?

Edit: I feel that I should add that I am not too bothered by this as is anyways. I'm not aiming for a speed run to the GHL in Buzzer.

Posted March 08, 2019 - 05:08 PM

Naekfor

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

yeah some are still showing up late, so i both need to find a defender and leave some space just in case somehow the last one i have a bid out for in europe still shows up. everyones getting sent to the minors and i am scampering off to find a stop gap defender at least. its a bit funky, probably agents messing up paperwork of something

Posted March 09, 2019 - 10:37 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States
I have the same issue. Contract signed on day 4, so now the player won't join until NEXT season, if I even need or want him then!?!?

I feel this detail was very unclear and unfair for those teams that were able to cherry pick all the good other league players for this season and the rest of us can't. Plus, I don't see any option to trade, waive or release this player.

Posted March 09, 2019 - 03:32 PM

Naekfor

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

FA is really thin, as gold youre probably worse off, i just kind of threw money at whoever is left. It isnt ideal, but at the same time, all worlds are now past the 6th, so its something they probably feel they have time to work on before it really comes into play again. yes it kind of sucks, but i think more everyday issues might have the priority. hell i might be too tight on cap to even take the players now. I gambled that that might be the way  to go and it backfired, but going through and moving player by player might be timeconsuming, let alone if there was something funky going on with the rejections. and right now i dont have cap space, so would they have to go player by player asking me who i want? making sure i move players to aahl to fit them under cap? have them letting me go over cap isnt fair either. At least i am blanking on a perfect solution. why i joked about just blaming the players agents for messing up paperwork. At the time i thought i could fit them because i would be assigning some of my signings to aahl and have signed others since, but to try to resolve this on a case by case basis seems a major headache. i dont think they can necessarily say that all certain pending contracts go into effect now, and if they did there would be cap hell everywhere. i suspect they just decided to take the time they have and try to fix it for next season.. though i was a tad surprised no one tried signing players from europe or whatever in any of the testing to have run into this

also since youre screwed, can i have your players? a lot of silver seems to have those cheap cheap gold hand me downs, so if you think youre in trouble?  ;)  ;)  ;)  (not serious, doubt youre screwed)

Posted March 17, 2019 - 10:52 AM

jdonutken

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationLouisiana ;)

I have 2 major pieces for my Buzzer Bronze team waiting for next season, but since it looks like i am no threat for promotion, their anticipated arrival should become a fine head-start on next season.  My Attack Iron team has a lone forward prospect "waiting in the wings", lol. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users