Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Hi, in CHL, I have signed player from non-playable league. I know I have to offer contract before Day 3, which I did. He accepted my offer the next day: Season 1, day 4

Forward Donovan Chateuvert has accepted your contract offer

But he remained in his team and looks like he will be joining me next season. This is expected? Because when I offer contract, it says only I have to do offer contract before end of Day 3, not he has to agree before Day 4.

Posted March 06, 2019 - 08:41 AM

neuralhandshake

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2016
Rep - Reliable

Steam Profile

Weird, I just had the opposite happen in Buzzer. I offered a contract on day 2 or 3 and it was just accepted and transferred on day 5.

Posted March 06, 2019 - 10:39 AM

MattBerserkers

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding
Are you absolutely sure Neural? I thought how it works is that the it doesn't matter when a contract is offered, but what does matter is when the player accepts the contract. If the contract is accepted on days 1-3 he should immediately join your team. If he accepts any other day, the player will wait until day 1 of a new season to join your team.

Posted March 07, 2019 - 04:14 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Looks like you are right Matt - now the same happened to me in Cage. If this is right - the text needs to be changed. I can confirm you can offer contract only in "Silly season" (Day 1-3), so the text is partially right, but one does not understand from it that if the player does not decide within the 3 days, you will loose him for entire season (and if you plan to move to better/worse league, it will be pretty pointless acquisition). 

Btw. Are there any help files, newbie guidance? I haven't read it since early beta (or alpha) and this forced me to care more, like read the help info again. I'm sure it is much better now and many things also changed.

Posted March 07, 2019 - 04:21 AM

MattBerserkers

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

With the release, lots of the help files are outdated. I read (I'm thinking on the release page) that the staff will be slowly updating the files as they have time. Right now I think they are focusing on the new bugs being noticed and crushing them to keep the user experience nice.

Posted March 07, 2019 - 05:15 AM

neuralhandshake

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2016
Rep - Reliable

Steam Profile

Are you absolutely sure Neural? I thought how it works is that the it doesn't matter when a contract is offered, but what does matter is when the player accepts the contract. If the contract is accepted on days 1-3 he should immediately join your team. If he accepts any other day, the player will wait until day 1 of a new season to join your team.

Absolutely sure. Look at this guy's news and then his stats that list his RUHL team. Signed on day 5.

https://gameplanhock...yer?gpid=8333-A

Though if you're not in Buzzer you can't see I suppose lol

Posted March 07, 2019 - 07:24 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

It's weird, because it says 

• Season 1, GHL, Joined Portland Steam as a free agent and signed for a 3 year $1 010 000 per season contract

while there is his S1 line for RUHL suggesting he was in Russian league and not FA.

This is my player:

https://gameplanhock...yer?gpid=6217-A

Posted March 07, 2019 - 08:32 AM

Naekfor

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful

Sorry i missed this thread, to add to it, i can offer that i had 4 players accept at the same time and one of them did come over on day 4. all of them were offered before the end of day 3 though

edit: since i can't read and missed this thread, linking to the one i made with more details about my event incase anything helps http://forums.gmgame...ng-from-europe/

Posted March 07, 2019 - 08:56 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

That is rather weird.

Posted March 07, 2019 - 11:37 AM

Naekfor

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful

I suspect a bug but maybe that is my wishful thinking, for now i think im just recalling everyone during the preseason and sending them back down every night to make cap room in case they show up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users