MattBerserkers

Cage trash talk

Congrats to whoever gets to play the Leopards in round 1.  You'll get a 2 day rest before you advance to Round 2.  Bunch of overrated divas.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Finally in first place! Apologies to Paul T...

0 - 4 since taking over 1st place.  It's a curse, I'm telling ya.

So, the battle for playoffs heats up the east... I must say that this Cage GHL is much more thrilling and competetive then Buzzer.

The East is a lot more interesting than the West.  Can I shift east since my team doesn't like the time zone for the puck drops?!?!  :)  

Erzac - how do you continue to bait my team into penalties.  I remember our GHL/SHL playoff series from Biscuit where I took 50 more PIMs in a 3-game series.  Now in Cage over 4 games the PIMs are 44-20.  Something about the Stray Cats send the Leopards into a rage.

Erzac - how do you continue to bait my team into penalties.  I remember our GHL/SHL playoff series from Biscuit where I took 50 more PIMs in a 3-game series.  Now in Cage over 4 games the PIMs are 44-20.  Something about the Stray Cats send the Leopards into a rage.

Simply a territorial dispute - Leopards can't handle Stray Cats wandering into their zone.

15-7-0-1 and 23ish games since i moved Sykora for Charlie Chene, Lumpy, and Blade

Good move :)

I just can't beat your team, despite being succesfull against other teams from the top

Fun game tonight of Elite vs Ricochet.  And to think I started my backup because he has previous good stats against them....

Four goals in the first 8 minutes and 6 goals on 11 shots by the end of the 1st period.  Hey, at least my PP went 2/3 in the game!  

The Cats have clawed back to the 2nd place in the East - down to the last game if we can keep it.

Some feline team will finish 2nd anyway...

Really competitive first season in Cage.  Looking forward to seeing how the playoffs shake out.

Heading into the final day of the regular season, the seedings look something like...

EAST

1. Union

2. Stray Cats / Leopards

3. Leopards / Stray Cats

4. Red Tide

5. Nightmares / Minutemen

6. Minutemen / Nightmares

7. Bulldogs / Duhawks

8. Duhawks / Bulldogs

WEST

1. Prairie Stars / Hawks

2. Hawks / Prairie Stars

3. Ricochet

4. Pirates / Wolverines

5. Wolverines / Pirates

6. Outlaws

7. Rage / Tomahawks

8. Tomahawks / Rage

Lots of potential movement still to happen.

The fact that I finished 1 pt behind have home ice advantage in the play-in playoffs is a major victory for me no matter what happens!  Although, I'm clearly the favorite against Turkey Creek, haha!   

The second half of the season my record was 16-4-2-18.  Not great, but considering I was convinced it would be auto relegation around game 45 and did my trades accordingly, kind of crazy.  Multiply the second half of the season by 2 and I'd (in theory) would have been competing for 7th or 8th place.  Had I not had a bit of an unlucky 5 and 4 game losing streaks in the last 20, I would have been solidly competing for 10th place.  Two of those losses were to Steelers!  Winning those alone would have brought me within 4 pts of him.  Every game really does count!  Excited to see what the playoffs bring for all of you, good luck!  

Wish I had more time to do a more in depth analysis, but here's the round 1 matchups.

EAST

#1 Union vs. #8 Duhawks (Union won season series 3-1)

#2 Leopards vs. #7 Bulldogs (Leopards won season series 3-1)

#3 Stray Cats vs. #6 Minutemen (Stray Cats won season series 3-1)

#4 Red Tide vs. #5 Nightmares (Nightmares won season series 3-1)

WEST

#1 Prairie Stars vs. #8 Tomahawks (season series tied 2-2)

#2 Hawks vs. #7 Rage (season series tied 2-2)

#3 Ricochet vs. #6 Outlaws (Ricochet won season series 3-1)

#4 Pirates vs. #5 Wolverines (season series tied 2-2)

Hey, congrats all who made it to playoffs. It was great season, competetive as it can be. Good luck to everyone :)

WEST

#1 Prairie Stars vs. #8 Tomahawks (season series tied 2-2)

#2 Hawks vs. #7 Rage (season series tied 2-2)

#3 Ricochet vs. #6 Outlaws (Ricochet won season series 3-1)

#4 Pirates vs. #5 Wolverines (season series tied 2-2)

Clearly this shows the West is the more interesting and exciting conference!  

Looks like Matt is out.  Tough loss for Cage.

Yeah, what happened there?

Not sure... very surprised to see him go.  Think he had a really good team, just got a bit unlucky.

This has me thinking though.  Do we all (especially the higher league managers) make a gentleman's agreement not to trade with computer controlled teams - or is it a free for all?  Would prefer the former, but can live with the latter.

Not sure... very surprised to see him go.  Think he had a really good team, just got a bit unlucky.

This has me thinking though.  Do we all (especially the higher league managers) make a gentleman's agreement not to trade with computer controlled teams - or is it a free for all?  Would prefer the former, but can live with the latter.

I sent some offers, but will cancel them. Didn't know we have that, but I am all for that actually.

Do we all (especially the higher league managers) make a gentleman's agreement not to trade with computer controlled teams - or is it a free for all?  

This came up in Biscuit GHL from time to time.  Most of the time, we didn't have any CPUs, but when we would, most of us long timers agreed not to trade.  But all it takes is one manager, new or not, to start in and it spoils the whole agreement and system.  I do think Anders has made CPU trading fairer and I generally don't have a big angst about it now, but I do still see trades go through that seem a bit exploitative.  I still think they over value draft picks and total number of players coming versus going.  I'd still like to see all CPU trading locked down, but realize that isn't fun or practical for some leagues.  Also, it wouldn't prevent some managers from jumping in, messing with rosters and then resigning two days later which I still see going on.  

I sent some offers, but will cancel them. Didn't know we have that, but I am all for that actually.

I totally didn't mean it that way (so don't cancel those trades)!  My comment was not in response to anything I've seen recently.  As Steve said, we used to chat about this topic a lot in Biscuit and I only brought it up again because it seems some managers with really good players have left recently.  The specific player I was thinking of was Piercy (Dman - Brass Castle).  He's actually untouchable, so that's good, but I was thinking how easy it would be to acquire him if he wasn't. 

A gentleman's agreement is a pipe dream since not all managers are around the forums enough to make that happen.  I guess either computer trading needs to be locked down by the admins or we just allow and accept it. 

I am all for fair play and cooperation to make this whole game experience better and I find this to be good idea.

I will go with the majority tho :)

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now