Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Congratulations to Erzac on a good series. Every game was very close and decided on one goal.

Cheers. A much more even series than what the wins show. Could've easily been a sweep the other way.

Posted June 02, 2019 - 02:45 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • 25 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

Best luck rest of the playoffs too.

Posted June 02, 2019 - 06:07 PM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Good luck to the remaining teams in the playoffs.  The Leopards will be watching from the golf course.  Actually, I hate golf. 

Just be aware that the 1st round exit has lit a fire under our a$$es are the Leopards are angry heading into Season 2.

You've all been warned.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted June 03, 2019 - 09:41 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Leopards out and both top teams (point-wise) are now 2-2. Big night tonight for me :)

Posted June 03, 2019 - 11:45 AM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Both relegation playoffs are going 5 games.  That's gotta be emotionally intense.

Posted June 03, 2019 - 12:34 PM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

My vote for Manager of the Year goes to Steven Bennett, Eldred Elite.

Sitting at 8-3-3-32 over half way through the season and well into relegation, he somehow turned his team around and clawed his way back into the GHL relegation playoffs and won a decisive Game 5, 1-0, to stay in the big leagues.

Well done, Steve.

Posted June 03, 2019 - 12:46 PM

Peekaboo

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable
Gratz Steve!

And to all who got trough. And to Wendel ;)

Posted June 03, 2019 - 01:24 PM

Wendel Clark

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

Gratz to bouncer and West Chicago Hawks. Game 5 and series win 3-2 for them. Nothing miraculous about losing to Hawks but the series was a bit of a weird one and I can't but be a bit of annoyed about the very ending.

Series breakdown:

Shots:

WES 169

ENI 138

This number shows edge on Hawks. They won shots in 3 games and the rest of the 2 were tied.

Power play:

WES 5/29

ENI 4/10

These numbers tell several tales and there I also see one factor to my demise. I scored all my 4 PPG during one 5-minute major, and went 0/9 after that. Hawks on the other hand had me taking too many penalties and I was playing half of the games 3 and 5 in the penalty box. Both teams also scored one shorty.

Individual games:

Game 1:

Dream start for Rage, 4 power play goals during one penalty. Pettigrew didn't know what hit him and Hawks never recovered. 0-5 and series 0-1 for Rage.

Game 2:

Gibazov is injured and is replaced by Lantaigne in the first line. Line gets butchered with -4 alongside -3 by 1st defense pair. 5-2 Hawks and series tied 1-1.

Game 3:

Penalties ruin the game for Rage. Spineless effort from them. Shutout for Pettigrew and showdown for Hawks powerplay. 3-0 Hawks and they take the series lead 2-1.

Game 4:

Hawks powerplay continues strong, but Rage wins this one due to even strength domination. 4-3 Rage and series tied 2-2.

Game 5:

Penalties again troubling Rage, who take first 6 penalties of the game but still manage 2-0 lead but Hawks quickly make it 2-2. The downfall of Rage comes in the third, with a total meltdown, losing shots 17-4 and allowing 4 goals, two of them by an unexpected hero Ventura, who only had 4 goals in the entire regular season. Rage is beaten and Hawks advance to 3-2 series win with 6-2 game 5.

For Rage the series started like dream and ended like a nightmare. But in conclusion, the better team won. I took way too many penalties and Hawks depth players stepped up (Journeau 25 points in the regular season, 7 in this series). Regular season was 2 wins each (one of mine overtime) and this one went to game 5 so I managed to fight as the underdog in the playoffs too. And game 4 win was by strong even strength effort, so I was not only one-powerplay-wonder in this series.

Season over. Now a breather and focusing on next season. Good luck to all the remaining teams.

Posted June 03, 2019 - 03:01 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Thanks a lot guys.  Not sure if that is worthy of "manager of the year" since I'm going to assume it is partly my fault I was in that place to begin with, but I'm back for Season 2, so that's all that matters!  

Posted June 04, 2019 - 02:45 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Great summary, Wendel! Especially after our last game in the very last game of regular season, I started to worry. You were really strong opponent. 

Posted June 04, 2019 - 12:24 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Maybe it is a hang over from Biscuit days, but I can't fully cheer for Hawks!  haha.  Although, I will say I am wholly behind Wolverines in their matchup.  Off to a great start.  

Posted June 05, 2019 - 12:00 PM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Wish I had more time to do a more in depth analysis, but here's the round 1 matchups.

EAST

#1 Union vs. #8 Duhawks (Union won season series 3-1)

#2 Leopards vs. #7 Bulldogs (Leopards won season series 3-1)

#3 Stray Cats vs. #6 Minutemen (Stray Cats won season series 3-1)

#4 Red Tide vs. #5 Nightmares (Nightmares won season series 3-1)

WEST

#1 Prairie Stars vs. #8 Tomahawks (season series tied 2-2)

#2 Hawks vs. #7 Rage (season series tied 2-2)

#3 Ricochet vs. #6 Outlaws (Ricochet won season series 3-1)

#4 Pirates vs. #5 Wolverines (season series tied 2-2)

The #1 Union sweep the Duhawks and the #4 Red Tide sweep the Nightmares, which sets up a Battle of the Titans in Round 2.  Union currently lead 2-0, but I'd be surprised if the Tide don't make a push in game 3 to extend the series.

The other matchup is #7 Bulldogs vs. #2 Stray Cats, where the Bulldogs look to continue their domination over feline teams.  Series currently sits at 1-1.

Out West we have the #1 Prairie Stars, who won the President's Trophy facing off against the red hot Wolverines.  The P-Stars just evened the series at 1-1 in an offensive slugfest.

And the #2 Hawks (Legends of game world Biscuit) take on the #3 Ricochet.  The Hawks continue their defensive domination and lead the series 2-0.

Posted June 05, 2019 - 12:51 PM

AlexanderRasputin

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2018
Rep - Reliable

The #1 Union sweep the Duhawks and the #4 Red Tide sweep the Nightmares, which sets up a Battle of the Titans in Round 2.  Union currently lead 2-0, but I'd be surprised if the Tide don't make a push in game 3 to extend the series.

It is certainly an enjoyable run - the Union is a strong team that directly counters my playstyle, so while we will fight until the last drop, it is a tough matchup.

That said, my team was built to win in the next 3-4 seasons, all key players are signed long-term, and I am impressed with their play (and balls) this year. The offence has been dominant throughout the entire season. If we fall here, I will still consider it a success.

Posted June 05, 2019 - 03:59 PM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

That said, my team was built to win in the next 3-4 seasons, all key players are signed long-term, and I am impressed with their play (and balls) this year.

Oohhhhhhhh.  Well this is awkward.  We are also planning to win in the next 3-4 seasons.

Of course we first need to figure out what those balls are that you speak of.

Posted June 06, 2019 - 02:51 AM

Erzac

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

It is certainly an enjoyable run - the Union is a strong team that directly counters my playstyle, so while we will fight until the last drop, it is a tough matchup.
That said, my team was built to win in the next 3-4 seasons, all key players are signed long-term, and I am impressed with their play (and balls) this year. The offence has been dominant throughout the entire season. If we fall here, I will still consider it a success.

Oohhhhhhhh.  Well this is awkward.  We are also planning to win in the next 3-4 seasons.
Of course we first need to figure out what those balls are that you speak of.

You both can rest easy, for the 'Cats are built to win *for* the next 3-4 seasons.

Posted June 06, 2019 - 10:37 AM

AlexanderRasputin

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2018
Rep - Reliable

You both can rest easy, for the 'Cats are built to win *for* the next 3-4 seasons.

Curses. Can't believe I've been doing it wrong this entire time.

Posted June 06, 2019 - 01:19 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

I've got dibs on season 5!

Posted June 07, 2019 - 12:07 AM

StevieY

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationWashington
If I'm lucky I might make it to IHL by season 10.

Posted June 08, 2019 - 06:48 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
I got dibs on Season 20...

Posted June 08, 2019 - 08:59 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Make that Season 21 as we just lost the last game of the promotion playoffs after going up 2-0 in the series. Lost my top defenseman for 2 games though so that may have played into it a bit. Oh well, this year I can actually put my team together as most inherited players are out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users