Sign in to follow this  
Glawing

New Game World Names!

We would like your help with picking new names for the brand new game worlds in the upcoming release. Our first thought was to continue with the old ones but we realise it would be more fun and better to pick new ones. And since we have our plates full we would love if you'd help us out! To begin with, we'll need 3 names.  

Rules are: 

In some way it should be connected to hockey, very much like today's game worlds. 

Nothing offensive! 

No personal names or brands! 

Use your creativity!  :) 

Thanks

Abel League - Its Sid Abel a forward player , played together with Gordie Howe and Ted Lindsay at center position

Bourque League - Ray Bourque defenseman, 5 time winner of Norris trophy (top defense player who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position)

Hasek League - Dominik Hasek only goalie to capture Hart Trophy twice (the most valuable player to his team)

Some ideas:

Wrister

Chiclets

Sauce

Flow

Celly

Snipe

Or you could go with somewhat famous nicknames:

Rocket

Dominator

Hammer

Flower

Or some combination of the best players as mentioned above:

Orr

Gretzky

Howe

Lemieux

Maybe a vote at the end once all ideas are compiled?

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

I like Paul's idea of using player nicknames for world names. I'd think that's legally alright as well. I like the Rocket and Dominator, so I had to look up some nick names NHL players have had throughout the years, and here are my suggestions:

Boogey (Derek Boogaard)

Nifty (Rick Middleton)

Lucky (Luc Robitaille)

Edit: Took out world speed suggestion for each name. It doesn't really matter.

since nicknames seem good, how about "Bulldog"?  Belongs to Mitch Wilson, always played hard, had his teammate's back.  Not much NHL time, but did get his name on the Stanley Cup with NJD.  Has been fighting ALS going on 4 years now...Immortalized as a  "Bulldog" league would be a sporting gesture to an all-around good guy!  https://www.facebook.com/277697889082451/photos/717199778465591/

Although I like creative names, they aren't often easy to remember.  I suggest instead maybe naming each league by a country or region?  Country would be obvious (Sweden, Germany, France, United States...) but regional could be (Europe, North America, etc.) or even more basic and one I like better (Northern, Eastern, Southern, etc.).  Could even go into North Eastern, South Western, etc.  

lazy offerings that is probably too close to copyrighted to be useful

triple deke

knuckle puck

and... cake eater? that one isnt hockey and isnt as stupid. 

If you plan to stick with one world per speed, I would not invent superubercool names and just went with - Slow world, Normal world, Fast world, Lightning world. If somebody speaks here about Dangles, I never know what speed it is or where to find out quickly. Slow world sounds lame, but to be honest Biscuit is not that better and it does not say anything about the world. 

Thanks for all suggestions!

Will get back with names soon. We will also give you some updates on the schedule of the upcoming release.

Everything Is according to plan. With opening on March 1st. But keep an eye on the forum for more news.

If you plan to stick with one world per speed, I would not invent superubercool names and just went with - Slow world, Normal world, Fast world, Lightning world. If somebody speaks here about Dangles, I never know what speed it is or where to find out quickly. Slow world sounds lame, but to be honest Biscuit is not that better and it does not say anything about the world.

Even if we’re starting out with only one game world per speed, the goal is to have several for each speed once enough managers join the game.

—-

And we won’t go for player names or nicknames since there’s always a risk that we’re violating any copyrights or licenses.

We’ll keep the current theme with Hockey terms inspired world names.

Names will be revealed later today.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this