Photo

Game Plan Hockey Manager 2.0 - Release date announced!

• Please log in to reply

Posted March 01, 2019 - 04:03 AM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1574 posts
  • 161 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Oh, cool. Was it expected to have 98 OVR center, 29yo, in GHL in day 1? I haven't seen 98 OVR player in 18 seasons in Biscuit at all...

The new release contains a brand new player generator that will actually develop all the players as if they played season by season in the game. That means that there will be very little difference between the players you'll see from the start and the ones you will see in 10 seasons.

Posted March 01, 2019 - 05:04 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Sure, but those are prime years players, 29yo with still something to improve... 98 OVR C, 99 OVR G, those are brutal numbers. I think the way it was done in the past release (i.e. no 90 OVR players, you had to train them there from around 80 OVR best players) was better. Until those players retire, there will be ~8 season when they will be too good on their positions, making the game uneven. And 8 seasons in a slow world is now really long time. It is simply weird and I'm quite surprised to see such a high numbers as I expected that this will have slower training than the previous release... and in previous release 97 OVR was maximum in Biscuit in S18, for supertalented player trained hard from the start, playing big minutes already on entry level contract. 

Not really complaining about what I got... 94 OVR 24yo G, 94 OVR 21yo C, 91 OVR 23yo F, 95 OVR 24yo D - those are players I can count on for more than a decade, top player for every position. In Biscuit it took me more than 8 seasons to get players like these and they were usually already older. 

Just my observation since I haven't got time to play the UAT.

Posted March 01, 2019 - 05:15 AM

neuralhandshake

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2016
Rep - Reliable

Steam Profile

For what little it's worth, your players could all end up sucking. Ovr matters but performance matters more. One of my best players in the old GHL was 89 Ovr, which of course was low.

Posted March 01, 2019 - 05:32 AM

Erzac

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland
On a quick glance it'd seem like the ratio for great and "normal" players seems to be good. Before more or less every player reached 90+ given enough time. Now the salaries are much more reasonable(high) for the star players as well.

Posted March 01, 2019 - 06:25 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Oh man, my team is terrible.  Looking forward to the challenge!

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted March 01, 2019 - 06:57 AM

Jiihee

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Helpful

Would not like to complain but man the start is uneven. Well at least there is some challenge trying to stay in my league....

Jokes aside, comparing my roster for other same league teams is exactly like comparing older game version GHL and SHL teams.

I have only 2 +90 overall players, one is 91 and the second one is 90, rest of my players fall roughly in 85 OV category.

And when FA list has only 2 "good" players who every team are trying to sing, its hard not to think why even bother trying when the teams are so hard unbalanced.

I sure hope that my 86Ov starter goalie will hold her ground  when he faces the 95+ Ov players from other teams.

Posted March 01, 2019 - 07:25 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

I made a second team in CHL in Normal speed and wow, that's a difference to GHL league - all my lined players 66-71 OVR, which I consider quite narrow spread, but reasonable for 3rd league. While in GHL my lined players are 82-95, that's a huge spread, diff 13 OVR vs. diff 5 OVR. I think this is to make superstars in GHL, but still, I think with those superstars from scratch, it will be really difficult to go up. And for the record 98 OVR C just has no room to be bad - he can be held beck by bad traits, but apart from Agitator he is good, he is even True Leader with 99 spirit. He is smaller body, but I can't believe it would matter with 99 in everything except for Physical - he will play against many below 90 OVR players, so rating-wise he must be god. 

But yeah, we will see. Maybe it will be ok, but just saying I'm quite surprised. 

Btw. the team with 98 OVR C (29yo) is stacked - 97 OVR D (26yo), 94 OVR G (24yo) and 90 OVR F (21yo) and still available to get by human (OVR spread among players is 18!). Oh man, I just hope Vandals won't take over and continue in reign for another decade :-D (I know Kim is not gonna play, so it should be fine...)

Posted March 01, 2019 - 07:56 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1574 posts
  • 161 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Sure, but those are prime years players, 29yo with still something to improve... 98 OVR C, 99 OVR G, those are brutal numbers. I think the way it was done in the past release (i.e. no 90 OVR players, you had to train them there from around 80 OVR best players) was better. Until those players retire, there will be ~8 season when they will be too good on their positions, making the game uneven. And 8 seasons in a slow world is now really long time. It is simply weird and I'm quite surprised to see such a high numbers as I expected that this will have slower training than the previous release... and in previous release 97 OVR was maximum in Biscuit in S18, for supertalented player trained hard from the start, playing big minutes already on entry level contract. 

Not really complaining about what I got... 94 OVR 24yo G, 94 OVR 21yo C, 91 OVR 23yo F, 95 OVR 24yo D - those are players I can count on for more than a decade, top player for every position. In Biscuit it took me more than 8 seasons to get players like these and they were usually already older. 

Just my observation since I haven't got time to play the UAT.

A few players will get the status of exceptional talents, those are the players that may develop to over 95 overall. But these players are very rare. In Game World Cage there are only 10 players in the whole world (about 0.1% of population). So the base of GHL will be around 85-87 overalls with a few stars on every team around 90 overall and a few teams will have superstars around 95 overalls.

So your observation is right. GHL is the only league with this wider spread of overalls.

Posted March 01, 2019 - 08:00 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1574 posts
  • 161 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Also, I have now configured the game to temporary allow free changes of your franchise. So if you got something wrong while signing up you should be able to edit your jersey, colours, mascot and more once again. You'll find the option from your team page and action menu => "Edit team".

Posted March 01, 2019 - 08:19 AM

Balazs

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationHungary

Greetings! I like the new design very much! I have two small problems, I can't find an option to edit my farm team, the second one is that I have regained the Torrington Thunderbolts name, but my team is called Rio Grande Matadors on the next game screen.

Posted March 01, 2019 - 08:21 AM

Jiihee

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Helpful

A few players will get the status of exceptional talents, those are the players that may develop to over 95 overall. But these players are very rare. In Game World Cage there are only 10 players in the whole world (about 0.1% of population). So the base of GHL will be around 85-87 overalls with a few stars on every team around 90 overall and a few teams will have superstars around 95 overalls.

So your observation is right. GHL is the only league with this wider spread of overalls.

That sounds very reasonable ^^ But it also makes it more harder to understand how someone can be such a luck to get players like  2 x 96 overall and one 97 Ov players in the same team   :confused:

After quick glance it seems that all the 10 superstar players are stacked in 3 different teams.   :huh:

But i am done with bitching and complaining, i will take this ass a challenge and try my best with the cards i have been dealt.

Posted March 01, 2019 - 08:45 AM

Erzac

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

That sounds very reasonable ^^ But it also makes it more harder to understand how someone can be such a luck to get players like 2 x 96 overall and one 97 Ov players in the same team :confused:

After quick glance it seems that all the 10 superstar players are stacked in 3 different teams. :huh:

Being the team in question it looks like my team more or less IS those three players. Rest of the team averages to about ~84OVR which seems pretty mediocre.

Edit: Also these three fellers eat up 24 million combined from the salary cap.

Posted March 01, 2019 - 08:51 AM

suomyyra

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Helpful

How can it be that friend of mine who decided to come back to GPHM after couple of years, went straight to GHL when his manager profile has like 70games played? Dont get me wrong, im happy that he is back and got a change to go to straight to GHL, but isnt that kind of unfair to players like myself? Have been battling in playoffs to go to GHL for last 4-5seasons and now only got a change to take control of an SHL team.

Posted March 01, 2019 - 09:20 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

That sounds very reasonable ^^ But it also makes it more harder to understand how someone can be such a luck to get players like  2 x 96 overall and one 97 Ov players in the same team   :confused:

After quick glance it seems that all the 10 superstar players are stacked in 3 different teams.   :huh:

But i am done with bitching and complaining, i will take this ass a challenge and try my best with the cards i have been dealt.

My GHL goalies are both rated 82. 

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Posted March 01, 2019 - 09:25 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Not sure if this is the best place for it, but I'm getting an error message when trying to reply to a message from another manager.

Posted March 01, 2019 - 09:27 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1574 posts
  • 161 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

How can it be that friend of mine who decided to come back to GPHM after couple of years, went straight to GHL when his manager profile has like 70games played? Dont get me wrong, im happy that he is back and got a change to go to straight to GHL, but isnt that kind of unfair to players like myself? Have been battling in playoffs to go to GHL for last 4-5seasons and now only got a change to take control of an SHL team.

This could be the case if your friend signed up during the Beta or prototype days. Back then there was no restriction on league level so those accounts have that legacy rules still attached.

I

Posted March 01, 2019 - 09:28 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1574 posts
  • 161 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Not sure if this is the best place for it, but I'm getting an error message when trying to reply to a message from another manager.

Thanks, I have a look asap

Posted March 01, 2019 - 09:37 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Hi Anders, I accidentally forgot to change my league starting point in the Normal Speed world (Slaughterville Syndicate). It placed me in the GHL - is there anyway you can shift me down to the LIHL or do I need to resign and re-do?

Posted March 01, 2019 - 09:47 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Actually, I tried to resign but it doesn’t seem to want me to ;D

Posted March 01, 2019 - 10:05 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Actually - figured it out...you can’t resign from a team when you are actively the manager of the team. One first needs to select the second team (if they have one) and then resign from the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users