Photo

Game Plan Hockey Manager 2.0 - Release date announced!

• Please log in to reply

Posted February 24, 2019 - 06:32 PM

jdonutken

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationLouisiana ;)

What is considered "fast", "normal", and "slow"?  I'm playing in a 2-games-a-day league-what is that?

Posted February 24, 2019 - 07:02 PM

StevieY

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationWashington
Will managers who elect to start with 'Restricted' access be able to sign players through free agency?

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted February 24, 2019 - 07:30 PM

Patrick

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Floater
So if I am reading this correctly, you will not be able to make any trades at all without a pay subscription account. Is this correct, exactly what options do you have to even build a team or compete on a restricted account? I am a huge fan of the game and it is probably the best hockey manager game out there.

Posted February 24, 2019 - 07:42 PM

PT101

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Floater

I'm done.

Done everything possible, and was getting a little bored anyways.
Who knows maybe I will revisit in a couple years.
Been a blast. Thx for the work.

Posted February 24, 2019 - 09:17 PM

GoldenBears

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Longtime member here, coming back. Excited to see what the game has become since I've taken a break. 

With regards to why theres a fee: running servers and spending lots of time on this game is not cheap. Plus, if the game blows up, more time and money can be spent on making it better. $2 a month really isnt that much. $24 a year is less than spending on Franchise Hockey Manager/Eastside. Plus, where else can you play online vs Friends? 

Can't promise I'll be here forever, but I owe it to Anders to see the release. This game has come so far!

Posted February 25, 2019 - 12:30 AM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1575 posts
  • 161 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Why the subscription. I'm new but that seems unfair to people who don't have money(I get that people may hog teams, but look at certain stats and how often teams are managed)...  People don't want to have to pay to change their teams, that's like if YouTube made you pay to change your info. I feel it's a bit unfair and especially since it would be monthly. I don't have a credit card so i wouldn't even be able to pay and I was looking forward to creating a team and trading with others. I just hope that i'll be able to actually play

We needed to find a way to finance the game and cover our costs. The All Star accounts have been great to get us where we are now, but in order to grow and take the next step we needed to find another way. We don't want a "pay-to-win" where it's free to play but in order to get great you need to buy stuff inside the game. So instead we thought it would be better to get every one full access for a small fee every month. That creates the most fair competition in our opinion.

The restricted trial is only there to let new managers take a look around before making up their mind. It's not meant to be a long term solution on how to play the game.

And we do understand that not all people will like these changes, and we respect that perhaps not everyone have the money to spend, but we also feel that we have put a very reasonable price. For most people it's not much money to spend.

What is considered "fast", "normal", and "slow"?  I'm playing in a 2-games-a-day league-what is that?

Fast - 4 games per day

Normal - 2 games per day

Slow - 1 game per day

Will managers who elect to start with 'Restricted' access be able to sign players through free agency?

So if I am reading this correctly, you will not be able to make any trades at all without a pay subscription account. Is this correct, exactly what options do you have to even build a team or compete on a restricted account? I am a huge fan of the game and it is probably the best hockey manager game out there.

The assistant manager will run player transactions for the team while a manager is on restricted mode. As mentioned above, the restricted mode is only meant to let new users have a look around before making up their mind.

Posted February 25, 2019 - 04:29 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium
I'm done as well. It's been a nice ride so far. I've lost interest the last 2 seasons. Its probably because the new game was announced way too early and it didn't matter anymore with the current team. We would lose everything and activity was decreasing week after week.

Thanks to Anders, Glawing and the community. Best of luck.

Posted February 25, 2019 - 05:25 AM

Gammgubben

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Reliable

Now we´re cooking with gas :)
Lets get ready for some fun and addictive gameplaying.

Posted February 25, 2019 - 09:50 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Still looking forward to it!

Love the world name, as well (CAGE).  Great combination of hockey and metal.  A sign from the Gods.  You're all screwed! 

\,,/  (>,< )  \,,/

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted February 25, 2019 - 11:38 AM

Erzac

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Welp, making the wait for the weekend even harder than it usually is. Really looking forward to the release!

Posted February 25, 2019 - 12:51 PM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Are the subscriptions still handled through Patreon?

Posted February 25, 2019 - 02:48 PM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

No, it should be directly credit card, so no more direct taxes like on Patreon. 

Posted February 25, 2019 - 05:14 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1575 posts
  • 161 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Are the subscriptions still handled through Patreon?

No, it should be directly credit card, so no more direct taxes like on Patreon. 

Yes that's right, the Patreon site is now closed. All subscriptions will be handled directly in the game. We use well trusted Stripe.com to handle all credit card information and payments. But you will manage your subscription in the game on our website, no need to visit another website.

Posted February 25, 2019 - 07:16 PM

GoldenBears

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

delete

Posted February 25, 2019 - 09:17 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
So, the free league that is below the LIHL - would that be an option for returning managers to initially swing into with the “restricted” play with an option to buy out of it? I’m still not sure I can swing it but if I do decide to stay for the free league I’d like to at least start there.

Posted February 26, 2019 - 12:43 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1575 posts
  • 161 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

So, the free league that is below the LIHL - would that be an option for returning managers to initially swing into with the “restricted” play with an option to buy out of it? I’m still not sure I can swing it but if I do decide to stay for the free league I’d like to at least start there.

Actually the free leagues never made into the release. At least not for this first release. The response of the free leagues wasn’t all that great. But perhaps we will include them further down the road.

Posted February 26, 2019 - 01:01 PM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Yes that's right, the Patreon site is now closed. All subscriptions will be handled directly in the game. We use well trusted Stripe.com to handle all credit card information and payments. But you will manage your subscription in the game on our website, no need to visit another website.

This is excellent. Thank you! :)

Posted February 26, 2019 - 02:02 PM

Squidonice

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Floater

will there be a paypal option or just credit card?

Posted February 26, 2019 - 02:09 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1575 posts
  • 161 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

will there be a paypal option or just credit card?

We only support credit card at this time.

Posted February 26, 2019 - 03:15 PM

Squidonice

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Floater

I do not have a credit card and prepaid cards give me nothing but problems especially online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users