Posted December 04, 2018 - 02:30 PM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 180 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding
Well nice to see Seattle being the next team in NHL!

Welcome!!

We have any managers from Seattle?

Posted December 04, 2018 - 07:29 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Not from Seattle, but I'm happy for them. They deserve a new franchise from a major sports league. I'm from Vegas, so it's good to see a new expansion team in that regard too. :)

Posted December 05, 2018 - 07:08 PM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable

A lot of expansion teams added recently. Winnipeg, Vegas and now Seattle, but at least the number is now nice and even at 32. My rooting changes yearly depending on which Finn I hope to get the ring, and right now it's Predators for Rinne. There's no other teams nearby Seattle, so that's good. Vancouver on Canadian side of the border, but other than that, Seattle is a welcome addition I think.

EDIT: Cross off Winnipeg. Wasn't an expansion team.. my memory.. old age and all that crap... forgot to take my meds.

Posted December 05, 2018 - 08:10 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 491 posts
  • 16 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

It will be interesting to see if Seattle can duplicate the success Vegas had during their first year in the league.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | GHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted December 06, 2018 - 10:02 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Not from anywhere near Seattle, but a 32nd team will balance out the divisions and satisfy my OCD :cool:

It will be interesting to see if Seattle can duplicate the success Vegas had during their first year in the league.

That repeat level of excitement that Vegas brought would certainly be welcome, however, Seattle will have a slight disadvantage as compared to Vegas in that Vegas was approved in 2016 and began play the following year.  There will be a 3-year gap between Seattle's approval and the expansion draft, so other teams will have time to get a bit more prepared with their contract situations than they were when Vegas joined.  Well, except Edmonton because Chiarelli has no idea what he's doing.  :)

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted December 06, 2018 - 01:24 PM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Well, except Edmonton because Chiarelli has no idea what he's doing.  :)

Ain't that the damn truth!

Posted December 07, 2018 - 09:06 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Ain't that the damn truth!

I shouldn't bash him - because the moves he made early on as GM in Boston had a big impact on the Bruins winning the Cup in 2011 (the only Boston Cup I've been alive to witness).  I'm extremely grateful for that.  But most of his moves after the 2011 season were baffling - and when he left Boston and took the job in Edmonton, with a gift wrapped Connor McDavid at his feet, he was put in a great situation which he still somehow managed to F up.  It is still mind boggling to me how Edmonton fails to have any success with all the high 1st round draft picks they have had over the past 10 seasons.  I figured at some point they would start having the same success the Pens had when they drafted Malkin and Crosby.

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted December 07, 2018 - 03:12 PM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

I shouldn't bash him - because the moves he made early on as GM in Boston had a big impact on the Bruins winning the Cup in 2011 (the only Boston Cup I've been alive to witness).  I'm extremely grateful for that.  But most of his moves after the 2011 season were baffling - and when he left Boston and took the job in Edmonton, with a gift wrapped Connor McDavid at his feet, he was put in a great situation which he still somehow managed to F up.  It is still mind boggling to me how Edmonton fails to have any success with all the high 1st round draft picks they have had over the past 10 seasons.  I figured at some point they would start having the same success the Pens had when they drafted Malkin and Crosby.

They sure do have talent, but don't seem to have a clue what to do with all of it. As a Finn, I'm just hoping they trade Jesse Puljujärvi somewhere he can have a true chance to show what he got.

Posted December 10, 2018 - 09:38 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Oh, yes, finally a truly round number! I think they missed 8 and 16, so NHL was never correctly rounded :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users