GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Uhm, raise your hand if you are still here!  It seems that our league has almost vanished with few active managers and virtually no cross talk or anything for the past two months.  I know there might be some "meh" feeling until the new launch, but just curious.  Also, saw some surprising roster changes from typically very active managers.  

Also, let's not forget to congratulate Jusu of the Richford Rebels as Season 16 champs!  Quite the upset!

Posted November 08, 2018 - 12:37 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I'm still around, although not as much as I'd like recently.

I can also tell I'm going to have a hell of a time competing in GHL this season.  21 MILLION!  Wow.  I can't wait to see what he eventually accepts from another team.

Attached File  21 MILLION!.png   46.92KB   1 downloads

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted November 09, 2018 - 05:47 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

I'm here! And getting stronger for the supposedly last season - I do not believe the transition will be happening this year :)

I signed him, Paul. But he asked for something 4.1M from my team and I added 400k to get him, although there is no interest in signing players anymore, apparently. What I don't get is the number he asked from you - you don't have the reputation, but still 21M is 5 times more then what is real value of his salary. That can't be real for GHL newcomer - nobody would stay in GHL with such problem to get new players through FA. I would propose to write to Anders if he can check this and perhaps start on different system for new GPHM. 

Posted November 09, 2018 - 09:14 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

It was probably just timing.  I happened to be on right around the time all players were released.  Also, I wasn't trying to complain - didn't mean to come across that way.  I probably should have posted that in the "humor" thread.

I do take slight offense to how the game views my team and manager reputation, though.  If my calculations are correct, I should be #1 overall. :)

Posted November 09, 2018 - 09:49 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Yeah, if anything, I find the FAs are still too eager to sign for too little money.  Ho hum, another season with us all with 90+ players and the two new teams barely able to scratch together a B squad, no offense!  The economic engine is broken in this and needs to be fixed before the new launch, whenever that is.  :)  

I'm always one FA from the title!  

I do think the reputation thing is now too out of control.  Rebels just signed Sontag for $3M and I offered $3.7M and was denied.  I'm fine with that, actually, as they are defending champs and all, but I got some message that I was over the cap, which wasn't the case because my other FA hadn't yet declined my other offer.  The system should default to whichever FA takes your offer first.  Now you can't make concurrent offers to FAs.  I agree you shouldn't sign more than you can afford, but if there are two FAs that are more or less equal in my book, I have to fight for one and if I lose, hope the other one wasn't taken yet?  That's not true to life.  Maybe I'm the only one that feels that way.  

Regardless, until the salary cap and salary requests are realistic, FA combined with the elevated OVRs make the game kind of broken.  

Posted November 09, 2018 - 09:52 AM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

I am... in Silver... maybe Anders would move me up LOL

couldn't win the playoff to get there :(

Posted November 09, 2018 - 10:57 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Yeah, if anything, I find the FAs are still too eager to sign for too little money.  Ho hum, another season with us all with 90+ players and the two new teams barely able to scratch together a B squad, no offense! 

Hey now!  The Leopards B-squad are going to come out firing on all cylinders.  :)

I am... in Silver... maybe Anders would move me up LOL

Yes, this needs to happen!  Although with the new auto-promotion system after the reset, I'd be surprised if you didn't either win SHL or promote via SHL playoffs in S1.

...and if this upcoming season last's long enough, there's a solid chance you are in GHL by the end and I am back in SHL.  Haha.

Posted November 09, 2018 - 01:08 PM

Gammgubben

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful

alive and kicking :)

Posted November 10, 2018 - 01:24 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium
Still here, not that active as before but still alive.

Posted November 11, 2018 - 02:46 PM

BFGore

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Helpful

Here till the end

Posted November 11, 2018 - 02:59 PM

Smashvilles4Realz

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

i hate this season probably won't finish out, but i'm glad i got promoted to SHL and won the BHL in what should be the final full season. Bring on the reset!

Posted November 13, 2018 - 03:13 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

0-2 so far in GHL preseason.  But both (close) away games.  I'll take the optimistic approach for now.

Posted November 14, 2018 - 12:31 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
I'm still here in full managerial mode. In fact, I just spent $2 Mill on a defender in the SHL as a last ditch effort to take the SHL by force. I'm there with you littleB: got beat down in round two of the last playoffs...so this may be the last go at it. Best luck everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users