Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Not sure what everyone else has experienced in their game world, but I have noticed one or two teams in Lumber's GHL using some "cheese" with their goaltender. One team in particular has played their goaltender for like 10 straight games, persumably on easy training, with very little changes in fatigue or performance. Granted, this goaltender has godmode stats because of ratings inflation, but still, this sort of stuff needs to be fixed in the update. Easy training or not, it's not very realistic to have a goaltender play 10 straight games without any impact on performance or fatigue. To the player that hustled and took cheese to a whole new level, I salute you! :rolleyes: cuPixan.gif

Posted October 22, 2018 - 09:03 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Here's a previous post where this was discussed in detail: 

http://forums.gmgame...ired#entry29720

I offered a fairly logical solution.  Not sure if this is on the Admin's radar to fix.

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted October 22, 2018 - 12:51 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Here's a previous post where this was discussed in detail: 

http://forums.gmgame...ired#entry29720

I offered a fairly logical solution.  Not sure if this is on the Admin's radar to fix.

Hopefully it is. IMO, goaltenders shoudn't play more than 4-5 straight games without starting to get serious impacts on fatigue and performance.

Posted October 22, 2018 - 03:25 PM

PT101

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
Awweee, I'll call the whaaaaambulance for you. Don't worry after the reset you can enjoy life without me, but I'm sure you'll continue to whine and be generally annoying afterwards regardless.

At least I won with my own team starting from the bottom instead of jumping ship (ahem ahem) to get ahead.

Posted October 22, 2018 - 08:46 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Awweee, I'll call the whaaaaambulance for you. Don't worry after the reset you can enjoy life without me, but I'm sure you'll continue to whine and be generally annoying afterwards regardless.

At least I won with my own team starting from the bottom instead of jumping ship (ahem ahem) to get ahead.

Cool story bro. Hey, didn't you say that would go back to the LIHL after winning the cup? Asking for a friend.

Using loopholes in the game to cheese isn't cool, no matter how you spin it.

Posted October 22, 2018 - 10:15 PM

PT101

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
I would if there wasn't a reset. Pointless now. All goals achieved either way.

If your happy piggy backing off the success of Roy's team ... good for you. Keep whining though when things don't go your way. Totally cool.

Posted October 23, 2018 - 09:54 AM

Smashvilles4Realz

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable

wow that escalated quickly.

Posted December 12, 2018 - 11:22 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Unfortunately, this appears to be an issue still. Said goalkeeper continues to play spurts of 8-10 games, even more, without much impact on performance or fatigue.

Posted December 13, 2018 - 03:55 PM

Walter A. Donaldson

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2017
Rep - Helpful

Unfortunately, this appears to be an issue still. Said goalkeeper continues to play spurts of 8-10 games, even more, without much impact on performance or fatigue.

Your right I've got two other good goalies but for some reason, my goalies Smathers and Carlsen are the only guys who are playing well.

Posted December 14, 2018 - 09:31 AM

jdonutken

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationLouisbourg

I used to worry about goalies-is 2-3 games enough? is 4 too many?  We're in Iron, and i have a 74 OVR who gets paid $150,000 and a 71 at $8,000, but the 71 is better in reflexes and athleticism.  So I just started alternating them, religiously.  The 74 has been leading the league in GAA and Save Pct, and the 71 is usually #3.  So there's that, the exact opposite of 10 games at a time...

Posted December 15, 2018 - 05:58 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

I used to worry about goalies-is 2-3 games enough? is 4 too many?  We're in Iron, and i have a 74 OVR who gets paid $150,000 and a 71 at $8,000, but the 71 is better in reflexes and athleticism.  So I just started alternating them, religiously.  The 74 has been leading the league in GAA and Save Pct, and the 71 is usually #3.  So there's that, the exact opposite of 10 games at a time...

Depends on goalie stamina ratings. My rule is 4 games maximum, 5 in emergency or playoff situations. Anything else is unrealistic and pretty rare.

20+ games is uh....yeah.

Posted December 15, 2018 - 09:19 PM

Walter A. Donaldson

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2017
Rep - Helpful

I sorta just go by who is tired, and who is rested. As well as my goalie's performance in previous games, so if a goalie gets a shutout, I'm more likely to start him again, unless I want to rest him for a big game. So I'd say alternating goalies is a good  Idea if you have a good tandem I have 4 76 overall goalies, two of them just couldn't stop a beach ball when I tried them, so I stuck with the two best performers. One of them is leading the league in GAA and Sv%. The other guy backed an atrocious team at the start, despite performing well, his stats don't look good. But he has managed two shutouts once we got some good players.

Posted December 19, 2018 - 05:48 PM

Mickg34

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Floater

I've asked this several times from many including admin. It's probably my biggest peeve with this game. I haven't noticed ANY negative impact on players or goalies based on the fatigue ratings. I've been shutout numerous times by goalies who have been tired or even exhausted. Just doesn't make any sense to me, and worse, no viable explanation. 

Posted December 20, 2018 - 02:53 AM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

I've asked this several times from many including admin. It's probably my biggest peeve with this game. I haven't noticed ANY negative impact on players or goalies based on the fatigue ratings. I've been shutout numerous times by goalies who have been tired or even exhausted. Just doesn't make any sense to me, and worse, no viable explanation. 

I totally agree. Once a goalie hits "tired" there should be noticeable effects in performance on a consistent basis.

Posted December 20, 2018 - 01:18 PM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 191 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding
Thanks for all the input!

We will take second look at this. We agree a tired goalie should perform worse.

Posted December 20, 2018 - 04:42 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Thanks for all the input!

We will take second look at this. We agree a tired goalie should perform worse.

Thank you! Can you take a look into how many times a goalie can play consecutive games before they get fatigue penalties as well?

Posted December 28, 2018 - 10:57 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Just a quick update...this goalie has played 18 straight games and is just in the tired blue category! Zero impacts on performance or fatigue. This goalie also has a 99 endurance rating (along with 98+ in other ratings). I really can't wait for the reset, ridiculous nonsense like this will hopefully be FAR LESS common. It's quite sad a player would willling exploit a cheap loophole like this for his own gain, and just goes to show what types of people free management sim games sometimes attract...I wish that wasn't the case, but there's always a jerk that ruins the fun for everyone else.

Posted December 29, 2018 - 12:10 AM

zinnyzxx

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationPennsylvania
I have always had the opposite of this issue. My goalies from lihl to bhl have always gotten fatigued after 2 games. The majority of them have had pretty competitive endurance rating. So I have never had 1 true starter, rather a goalie that plays 35ish games and one who plays 25.

Any advice? I have them on easy training.

Posted December 29, 2018 - 09:51 AM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

I have always had the opposite of this issue. My goalies from lihl to bhl have always gotten fatigued after 2 games. The majority of them have had pretty competitive endurance rating. So I have never had 1 true starter, rather a goalie that plays 35ish games and one who plays 25.

Any advice? I have them on easy training.

They probably don't have god level stats which can be easily exploited....

Posted January 03, 2019 - 09:09 PM

PT101

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

Just a quick update...this goalie has played 18 straight games and is just in the tired blue category! Zero impacts on performance or fatigue. This goalie also has a 99 endurance rating (along with 98+ in other ratings). I really can't wait for the reset, ridiculous nonsense like this will hopefully be FAR LESS common. It's quite sad a player would willling exploit a cheap loophole like this for his own gain, and just goes to show what types of people free management sim games sometimes attract...I wish that wasn't the case, but there's always a jerk that ruins the fun for everyone else.

Awwwe, and why wouldn't I use every opportunity to win? If it's in the sim I'm going to use it. If it's not, that's fine too.
Oh hey btw, you should jump teams again for your own gain while your at it ... Do you see the flaw in your logic? Don't answer that cause I'm sure you don't.

Listen, If you have something to say about this sim maybe stick to that instead of throwing people under the bus while you complain about it.
I will have something to say about it otherwise, and I would rather not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users