• BeefSupreme
  • Junior Scout
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: October 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationSweden

Ok guys so i downloaded and installed FPS:Football Pro 98. Followed all the directions in the README folder to update. But, once I copied all the files into the ffolder where I installed the game and ran HIKE.EXE I get the windows busy icon like the game is loading then nothing. But, if I go into my Task Manager the HIKE.EXE is running and I have to manually stop it. Any help guys?? I would love to try this game out.

DeViLzzz
  • DeViLzzz
  • Junior Scout
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: October 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationCanada

Are you running this on emulation?  Are you running it with the real OS recommended? Anyway my recommendation is to build a dos box ... older pc ... as I find after watching certain old school gamers on YouTube I am reminded that the best experience you get is on a pc from the time or around the time the game came out.  Now I will give the game a try in the future after downloading it from here if I can and see if I can help you but really what I want to do is play my boxed copy on a 1998 pc.  If you want to watch a good channel on old school gaming watch Phil's Computer Lab on YouTube.

Ok guys so i downloaded and installed FPS:Football Pro 98. Followed all the directions in the README folder to update. But, once I copied all the files into the ffolder where I installed the game and ran HIKE.EXE I get the windows busy icon like the game is loading then nothing. But, if I go into my Task Manager the HIKE.EXE is running and I have to manually stop it. Any help guys?? I would love to try this game out.

Thanked by 1 Member:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users